i been making a crockpot full of chicken tortilla soup each week for the past two weeks an i been eating it for dinner pretty much every night. it's delish, especially with some cheese, guacamole, sour cream, an tortilla strips on top, but i need a new crockpot soup recipe.
anyone got a good, healthy crockpot soup recipe or just a good healthy crockpot recipe? i want a make something in there for this week's dinners.
here's the recipe i use for the soup. i throw in some other spices an stuff (like jalapeno peppers, etc), but this is the bones for the recipe.
crockpot chicken tortilla soup
- 1 pound frozen chicken (shred near end of cooking time) <-- (i use one whole store deli bought roasted chicken, broken down and chopped without bones or skin)
1 (15 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes, mashed (rotal or diced tomatoes would work)
1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
1 medium onion, chopped
1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
2 cloves garlic, minced
3(14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn
1 can black beans, rinsed
1. place chicken, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, onion, green chiles, and garlic into a slow cooker.
2. pour in chicken broth, and season with cumin, salt, and pepper.
3. stir in corn and black beans.
4. cover and cook on Low setting for 6 to 8 hours or on high setting for 3 to 4 hours.
5. garnish with crushed tortilla chips, sour cream, shredded cheese, or avocadoes. (Note: garnishes not included in nutrition information)
Makes 8 servings.