AR-15 triggered fire that killed Tennessee father and son
Investigators have ruled out foul play as a factor in a bizarre fire that killed a Tennessee father and his 12-year-old son on Sunday. Preliminary autopsy results released this week showed the pair, of Huron, died of carbon monoxide poisoning and thermal burning, authorities told CNN on Wednesday.
At issue was an accidental firearm discharge, which investigators said triggered the fire as well as the explosions that ensued, but it remains unclear what else contributed. Henderson County Sheriff Brian Duke said Terry York, 48, was showing his loaded AR-15 to a family friend in the back room of his wooden mobile home when it misfired and a small fire was ignited.