Kenichi Ebina is a solo self-taught dance performer, started out dancing Freestyle HipHopand expanding his style to Poppin’, Lockin’, Mime, House, Jazz, Contemporary and Ethnic dance. Kenichi’s unique dance show with illusion effects of sound, light and visualentertains a lot of people who are not even interested in performing arts.
In 2001, Kenichi founded a dance group with all Japanese dancers, BiTriP.
BiTriP won 1st place in the grand championship of “Amateur Night” at the world famousApollo Theater in 2001 and were the first and only Japanese grand champions. In 2007, Kenichi appeared on dance contest in “Showtime at the Apollo” as a solo performer and became the grand champion of the 2007 season after winning 7 times <VIDEO>. Kenichi is the only two-time grand champion in Apollo theater history.
Kenichi has performed at many events, TV shows and has taught in USA, Europe, Russia, China, Korea, Singapore, Japan, Morocco and Australia. Kenichi has also performed, directed and choreographed for many projects and dance and theater companies.
Ebina Performing Arts' first full-length show premiered at Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington D.C. Also, Kenichi was invited to be a speaker at TED 2007. (TED is annual conference where thousands of celebrities attend to listen and watch 50 presenters such as former US president, Novel prize winners, presidents of large corporations, prominent inventers, artists, etc.)
Currently Kenichi is appearing on US TV show, "Angelina Ballerina" on PBS KIds as featured dance performer <VIDEO>. Also he has been performing for high class show club, "The BOX" in NYC and London, and "The ACT" in Las Vegas.
He started his full-length one-man show (80min) in October, 2012.
Some other Kenichi’s acknowledged credits:
- Cirque du Soleil's special event show
- USA TV program, "Maury Show" as Outrageous Talent performer <VIDEO>
- French TV program, "Le Plus Grand Cabaret du Monde"
- China Central TV program, "International Humour Festival" and "The King of Comedy"
- HunanChina TV program, "The King of Comedy"
- Japanese TV program, "KAMIWAZA", Champion
- Japanese TV program, "Zoom In Super", "Hanamaru Market", "Sukkiri!!", "Girugamesshu LIGHT", "El Mundo", "World No.1s' Showtime", "Kinsuma"
- "Absinthe", Australian Open Tennis 2009, Melbourne, Australia
- "F-1 Monaco Grand Prix 2011", Monte Carlro, Monaco
- "Circurious" at the Disney Wonder Cruise Shiip, Mexico
- "Singapore's Best Dance Crew", judge, workshop, performance, Singapore
- The Japanese Embassy's 60th Anniversary event with Israel, Tel Aviv, Israel
- "LifeBall 2009", Vienna, Austria
- Kollaboration 9, Champion
- Private party shows for Madonna, Simon Cowell, Royal Family of Morocco Kingdom, etc
- Neil Young concert dancer, “Greendale”
- Alvin Ailey Summer Camp Instructor
- Actor and choreographer for Japanese drama, “Manhattan Diaries”