Unlike many others here, I didn't especially dislike Gary over the years. But ever since Howard gave him more power over show decisions, I have found that he has become intolerable. Here are my reasons why.
1) Butting in. Booey never misses a chance to add his two cents to any conversation. He's constantly interrupting.
2) Talks too much. Booey never gets to a point quickly and is very long-winded. You can hang yourself until he gets to his point.
3) Unbridled ego. Ever since his "promotion", Booey seems to think that everyone not only needs to know what he thinks (see Butting in) but he also believes that everyone needs to know how he came to that conclusion. He's always saying things like "I was just thinking about that...I was wondering about that...." before telling us his point.
4) Arrogance. I don't have any concrete examples of this but something about his tone suggests that Booey really does think very highly about himself now; he no longer feels subservient to Howard, which was part of the fun of the show.
5) Kisses Howard's Ass, Despite the above, always defends Howard, no matter what. I guess he is just protecting his meal ticket, but its still annoying.
I'm sure there are things that bother you guys about Booey. Feel free to post them.
Booey needs to be taken down a few pegs. He is an extremely lucky man - he was a huge fuck-up early in his Producer career and any host with balls would have canned him years ago. Instead, Howard kept him on year after year because Howard doesn't have the stomach to fire people. Now Booey is fat and rich and coasting along on momentum, booking the same batch of guests over and over and over.