Well Done Guys ! ..... A firefighter, wearing a camera strapped to his helmet, captured the rescue of a little boy, just one of five rescues Lawrenceburg firefighters made this morning.
Children trapped inside a burning building, no way to get out. It's a firefighters worst nightmare.
"Your adrenaline level, it doesn't matter how long you're in the fire service, your adrenaline level is pumping, because you want to do the best job you can do to get those people out,” says Fire Chief Jay Moore.
Around two o'clock Wednesday morning, a fire broke out at Oak Grove Apartment homes, trapping six people, including three children inside.
Neighbors rescued one person, a disabled woman, trapped inside the building. Firefighters rescued five others.
And the dramatic rescue of one of the kids was captured on a helmet cam.
Luckily, only one person was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation.
"In the public's mind, I'm sure they're thinking that everybody was a hero that does that. To these guys, it's another day on the job. It's not something that happens every day, but it is something that happens on the job,” says Chief Moore.
But even though these firefighters are trained for these situations, the gravity of what happened wasn't lost on the group.
"I'm not going to sit here and say there wasn't a tear shed here and there because of it, that's a normal reaction, and I applaud them for the performance that they did,” Chief Moore says. "I want to give God the glory because if he hadn't have been looking over us and taking care of the men and giving them the knowledge to look back on their training and do the job they were doing, we could have had a whole lot worse situation than we got."
Firefighters say the fire started from a lit cigarette.
Originally Posted by dinkus mayhem
dawg always said don't play troll in the house.
Originally Posted by basketcase
one time i took it up the ass. it hurt. i blacked out. then end