These people adopted "Henry" a week ago. He didn't seem healthy and his stomach was bloating. Beth said, "i hope he didn't eat a toy. keep me posted. OH HENRY."
They took him to the vet and he had FIP and had to be put to sleep. This could be serious for her "fostering" work:
"FECV is very common, especially in places where large groups of cats are kept together (animal shelters, catteries, etc.). Cats become infected by inhaling or ingesting the virus. The most commonly cited transmission source is feces, although contaminated surfaces such as food dishes and clothing can transmit the virus as well."