I just got this email form our local school district to inform us that this year they will be providing "Holiday Assistance" to any family that can prove they need the help.
They will be providing Meals for the families as well as toys and clothes. This is fucking crazy, free breakfast, free lunch, free meals in the summer and now a free "Thanksgiving and Christmas"
It's not like we are a poor urban area so I don't know why this is an issue in my town of only 5000 people.
Check out the demographics http://www.greatschools.org/south-ca...b=demographics
Are the taxpayers on the hook for the money, is it being funded by donations??
I know this is a local is a local issue but should the school system be in the business of providing thanksgiving and Christmas Gifts to some??
FROM CLOVER SCHOOL DISTRICT TO You
A message from CLOVER SCHOOL DISTRICT Holiday Assistance from Clover School District
If you are in need of assistance with a Thanksgiving Dinner or Christmas help, we will be taking applications on a first come, first serve basis. You MUST be the parent or legal guardian and a Clover School District resident to apply. Applications will be available at the District Resource Center (enter the Knox Street entrance) on the following dates and times:
- Monday, October 21st – 11:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Tuesday, October 22nd – 8:00 am to Noon
- Wednesday, October 23rd – 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm
Please bring the following:
- Your photo ID or Green Card
- Birth certificate for all non school-aged children
- Proof of Income – which would include ONE of the following: a current check stub OR a DSS family print out OR Clover Area Assistance Center client verification (we can verify with CAAC at time of sign-ups).
- Gift ideas for all eligible children
- Clothing sizes (please be specific…long, short, husky, slim, toddler, child, junior)
Every attempt will be made to help everyone who applies, but this is not a guarantee. This year each eligible child will receive at least ONE wish and ONE outfit. However, please understand that your child may or may not receive the items listed on your application.
If you have additional questions please contact your the social worker at your child's school.