GSD's Complete Health & Wellness Thread !!!
Last edited by GSD; 03-15-2012 at 09:34 AM.
SAMPLE: Food & Drink Log
WHOLE & RAW FOODS ONLY - Be sure to note organic (O) or not (NO) on everything
1. Meats - Portion size in ounces, cut of meat, way prepared & type of meat + brand name if applicable (e.g. 6ounces chicken, skin on, white meat, fried)
2. Vegetables - Portion size in ounces, way prepared & type (e.g. 2 cups broccoli steamed)
3. Fruits - Large fruits + small fruits in cups (e.g. 1 cup pineapple, 1 cup strawberries), medium fruits # of whole pieces (1 apple), small fruits in cups (1 cup blackberries)
4. Grains - Everything else in cups (All bread goes under processed)
5. Nut & Seeds
Processed foods (Prescriptions, Supplements, Take out, restaurants, packaged in any way like canned, frozen & everything no Whole, Raw or Liquid)[/B]
1. Meats - Portion size in ounces, cut of meat, way prepared & type of meat + brand name (e.g. swanson 6ounces chicken, skin on, white meat, fried)
2. Vegetables - Portion size in ounces, way prepared & type + brand name (e.g. 16 ounces Lays potato chips fried)
3. Fruits - All fruits in cups + brand name (e.g. 16 ounces dole fruit cocktail, 1/4 cup safeway strawberry jelly)
4. Grains - Bread in slices + type everything else in cups (Wonder bread white 2 slices, Uncle Ben's rice in a pouch 2 cups)
5. Nut & Seeds - Portion size in ounces, way prepared & type + brand name ( 6 ounces Jiffy peanut butter creamy)
6. Other - ???
1. Type of beverage, Portion sizes in ounces, brand name if applicable
2. For water note the type of water (distilled, tap, spring, filtered) + brand name if applicable
Last edited by GSD; 01-22-2012 at 10:10 PM.
Originally Posted by sammyr13
THis is a great idea. It just looks like so much fucking work though. I've been working out like crazy and can't seem to go from 175 to 180. I'm 5'11, 37 w/ small bone structure. I guess i'm just a skinny dude but I do have a little bit of a gut that i can't seem to get rid of.
When I finish the whole outline I'll be breaking it into pieces and going through each piece in detail
Originally Posted by GQtaste
You can pick and choose what you want to focus on for yourself. There will be some things that are more important than others based on each person's overall condition, goals, abilities, attitude, dedication......
Then it will just be start out slow and work your way up on the things you aren't doing. It will get much easier to maintain over time. Then you can add new things on top of what you're doing at that point
Building mass is not always a good thing as it is much harder to maintain as you get older (ie Arnold below)
My preference is to build a good base with some bulk but focus much more on definition