Entertainment ‘Batman v Superman’ Advance Ticket Sales Pacing Ahead Of ‘Deadpool’, ‘Avengers’ & ‘Furious 7’

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by chapped, Mar 16, 2016.

1. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Latest word on advance ticket sales for Warner BrosBatman v Superman: Dawn of Justice per various sources is that they’re outstripping 20th Century Fox’s Deadpool (opening weekend $132.4M), The Avengers ($207.4M) and Universal’s Furious 7 ($147.1M) two weeks prior to their stateside releases. One non-Warner Bros analyst has the figure between $20M-$25M, which isn’t that far from where The Dark Knight Rises’ advance ticket sales were before it debuted to $160.9M. Anything above a $152M three-day would make Zack Snyder’s Dark Knight/Son of Jor-El fusion the biggest pre-summer opening. Besting Furious 7, would make BvS, the biggest Easter and April debut of all time. Last we checked, the global bow is between $300M-$340M, and stateside could reach $140M. BsS will play in 4DX, 3D, PLF and Imax, the latter for three weeks.

Movio, which monitors movieticket buyer trends, analyzed the profile of moviegoers who bought advanced tickets for BvSas of March 10 and compared this audience to the advanced ticket buyers for Jurassic World.

“As expected, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is anticipated by the fan male audience,” said Movio Co-Founder and Chief Executive Will Palmer. “The audience profile is 78% male, massively over indexing between age 14-49. This is your avid opening weekend audience with some 70% attending films during opening week, spending 3.2 times more than the typical US moviegoer.” Per Movio, 99% of BvS’ advanced ticket buyers have booked sessions over opening weekend, with 57% on Thursday night (two-thirds of them for the first screening session at 6 or 7 pm) and 22% on Friday. Average age for a Thursday night audience member is 30.3 years old versus Jurassic World’s average opening night ticketbuyer of 30.6 years old. Guys per Movio are anticipated to rep 82% of the Thursday night audience, compared to Jurassic World’s 64% male on Thursday night.

[​IMG]

PI Nate, ARM and DarkFriday like this.
  2. Dick Fitzwell

Dick Fitzwell Opinions are like assholes ... and so am I

Reputations:
    I thought Affleck was supposed to have ruined it.

PI Nate and Vagineer like this.
  3. chapped

Reputations:
    jury is still out...
    the movie critics get to see it today ... so we will find out soon enough

PI Nate, ARM and DarkFriday like this.
  4. Ben Dover

Ben Dover Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    No mention of The Force Awakens, which destroyed every U.S. box office record possible.

Batman vs. Superman won't come close to it in advance ticket sales

[​IMG]

ARM likes this.
  5. binhphuocngu

binhphuocngu Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    OK. I am not as well versed on comics. But... How is this possible? Superman is SUPERMAN and Batman well is a normal rich guy with gadgets. Superman can turnback the clock... Batman... he can put a battery in one. How does this play out? Lokey vs Superman... that has promise. Just my low level opinion.

SlinkyNeckStern and ARM like this.
  6. DarkFriday

DarkFriday Fired as a MOD...Twice. Gold

Reputations:
    Lex is giving Bats supertoys

7. chapped

Reputations:

guess we are going to find out .... but in past stories batman has kept kryptonite stashed away just in case

ARM and DarkFriday like this.
  8. chapped

Reputations:

i got plenty of nerd love for both

ARM and Rakdar like this.
  9. StRyDeRxX

StRyDeRxX Bling Bling Gold

Reputations:
    Zack Snyder is a hack... DC comics should have never given him access to this IP!

ARM and marswillrule like this.
  10. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It ought to -- it took DC/WB long enough to finally get off their ass and do something DC Universey.

It seems like this film has been being produced for like 15 years now. I've never seen a film with more "titantic" like hype - as well as expectations - along with the time and $ behind it to get it right.

I feel like we can ONLY be dissatisfied when the dust settles.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
    TallTyrion likes this.
  11. Anfkid

Anfkid Blue Banner Mafia Staff Member

Reputations:
    Did you hear something about 4-D for Batman v Superman? the seats move and throw you all over the place and smells and smoke will erupt from your seat. :eek:

ARM likes this.
  12. eliasbboy

eliasbboy Insert Witty Title Here Staff Member

Reputations:
    Man, I must be completely out of touch. This movie is hardly a blip on my radar. I love going to the movies, so I'm sure I'll see it, but only from lack of other options.

ARM likes this.
  13. marswillrule

marswillrule Active Member

Reputations:
    It'll probably match Star Wars by being just as shitty a movie.

14. bossofbam

bossofbam Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Superman is the boy scout who plays fair and doesn't want to kill. Batman plays dirty and, in the comics, has been known to run around with a kryptonite ring from time to time.

If you took their personalities away and based it purely on powers, sure, Superman destroys him. But Clark was raised by wholesome Ma and Pa Kent while Bruce was raised by the never ending quest for vengeance.

ARM likes this.
  15. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The thing "Batman v Superman" really has going for it is -- not only the crazy YEARS of hype, and anticipation -- but the fact it has this weird late Winter and early Spring March/April real estate all to itself. This, with NOTHING to go against it for a solid month of no box office opposition.

"CAP CIVIL WAR" (which I'm certain will be the superior film and critics have been allowed to see it already) - is coming out to start summer (May 8th) and will have to endure OTHER blockbusters coming out week after week the way Hollywood is obsessed with the summer.

"Deadpool" - as well as "Guardians of the Galaxy" - had the luxury of having this cinematic fertile ground ahead of it when it was released - thus augmenting it's box office sales.​

That summer (2014) -- "Cap Winter Soldier", "X-MEN DoFP", and "Amazing Spider-man 2" - ALL essentially ran into each other in the early summer - and it hurts their individual box office dominion for repeat viewings.

TallTyrion likes this.
  16. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I was sorely let down by Force Awakens as well. Abrams has some of the shittiest casting proclivities since Christopher Nolan.

KDK12 likes this.
  17. SlinkyNeckStern

SlinkyNeckStern High Pitch Mike Lookalike

Reputations:
    Never let it be said that I refuse to offer my opinion on subjects that I know little about. But you are right. It's total bullshit! Superman (as I know him) is basically a god. Isn't there something in the comics about him holding up a quintillion tons with one arm? Didn't he push a planet out of orbit? Can't he withstand a nuclear blast at ground zero?

The movie Watchmen (which I didn't care for) did have a line that stuck with me. Blue boy was the target of death by the world's most brilliant man. The world's most brilliant man hit blue boy with some traps/gadgetry and seemed successful. But then blue boy reappeared and said something like "the world's smartest man is as much threat to me as the world's smartest termite."

YES!

I don't give a shit how much money, knowledge, wisdom, fighting ability, savvy and will Bruce Wayne has. He should be no more threat to Superman than Eric the Midget. And Lex Should be no more threat than Howard Stern.

But Superman movies always fuck around with his powers. From New Jersey he can't reach California fast enough to stop a missile from impact. But then a few minutes later he flies around the entire planet 10 times in four seconds. No consistency. In Man of Steel he is attempting to dodge bullets. Why? They should have a hundred times less effect on him than a flea bite effects me.

I think the movies try to make him vulnerable because he was perhaps given too much power along his comics journey.

18. chapped

Reputations:
    You just described the house of every Bar member ever...

Anfkid and ARM like this.
  19. chapped

Reputations:

that is supermans max bench: 1 dectillion(spelling), 50 nonillion, 14 octillion lbs

Superman can bench the solar system

PI Nate, ARM and SlinkyNeckStern like this.
  20. TallTyrion

TallTyrion Triggered like a mofo VIP

Reputations:
    Whatever people say about the movie, I think it's not going to be a box office flop.

ARM likes this.