Entertainment ‘Nobody Trashed Howard': Lange Clarifies Stern Comments On Radio Icon Following Shocking Podcast

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Mlaw, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Mlaw

Mlaw Quite Contrarian Gold

Reputations:
    Artie Lange Wednesday stressed that “nobody trashed” Howard Stern during his revealing podcast with “Stuttering”John Melendez, and that the topic was only raised due to demand from his listeners, who “deserve honesty.”

On Wednesday, the Dirty Work star, 47, took to his Twitter account to retweet a link to RadarOnline.com’s story, and clarify that the comments were made in a comedic context — not a malicious one.

“Nobody trashed Howard. I love him. Always will,” Lange said. “We busted balls in a fun way like old times; I’m not letting gossip mislead.”

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-ne...mments-howard-stern-stuttering-john-melendez/

2. Getoninja

Getoninja Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Artie knows best or else Howard will send a gag order against talking about him. Like he did to Opie and Anthony years ago.

But Howard is about free speech, right Robin?

3. kinneyjames

kinneyjames Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    'The Dirty Work star'...

MacTrekker, Ctanner, Snort and 2 others like this.
  4. Chrisboom

Chrisboom Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    :facepalm:

scoobyla and meanredhed like this.
  5. PETROCK

PETROCK Active Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

6. RONNIE THE CLAW

RONNIE THE CLAW Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    There's no way Wiggy likes or approves what they said about him. If it was a weekly show, SIRIUS should hire them...I wouldn't miss a word!

7. Tyler9258

Tyler9258 Old friends, old whiskey, old songs

Reputations:
    He's a fat, drug addled, swollen head pussy. Own up to what you say.

AmishGirl, Droog and ClintDagger like this.
  8. Wesmantooth

Wesmantooth VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    junkies have terrible perspective/memories. Love the fact he trashed stern or not even trashed he just told it like it is.

9. Lster

Lster Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Yeah right now I do give Artie 6 bucks a month because I love the Baby Gorilla and it is only 6 bucks but it's far from a great value. But if it could be a show that was just him and former Stern show vets busting each other's balls that would be fucking great. Stuttering John is great, far better radio than Artie on Anthony that was more or less a nostalgia trip.

Imagine once Wiggy retires Sal and Richard could talk to Artie too.

10. RONNIE THE CLAW

RONNIE THE CLAW Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    YES!! Now there's a show I'd pay for!

kingofallmessicans and Wiggy like this.
  11. Pigsaw

Pigsaw Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    They are all terrified of the NDA they signed. Grillo was the only one to break ranks. Probably because he's got nothing to lose.

The Jackie chair likes this.
  12. j shmuck

j shmuck Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    They didn't trash howard. They were having a good time gently mocking and laughing at the politically correct 180 turn the phony tool.

13. RonHeinzkaboot

RonHeinzkaboot Adultophile VIP

Reputations:
    I don't think it's that bad for Stern other than the stuttering thing.
    It kind of fits into the rebrand. New buzz word Stern wants used "family entertainer"
    It shows that he has changed. The great narrative for this is that his new loving wife changed him, it might be as good of a fake story as the Alyson love story in Private Parts.

It tells everyone he cleaned up his act and that he is really best friends with Jennifer Aniston's new husband.
    That is not bad.
    The Ellen thing? If Ellen doesn't stick up for herself why would her fans be offended? It just shows that Stern was faking being a brute but Artie is a real brute.

14. greenchiclets

greenchiclets Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I dunno, the way Artie acts so scared of Wiggy I'd swear that Wiggy has a pic of Artie in a compromising position or some shit. He's TERRIFIED of Stern

15. Lster

Lster Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I have a new understanding for Stuttering John, I did think the truth was that John was a douche to leave Howard without giving him a call. But him and Artie confirming that Howard did indeed wreck another unnamed staffer's chance of moving on to another show confirms that John was doing what was best for him and that Howard really is a prick.

16. floplop

floplop Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    look there rightly angry with stern. Stern used the shit out of many people including gilbert and dozens of comedians, actors, personalities, wack packers etc. In return they got plugs to help there careers. Now Stern only want vanilla 'A' listers on his show and has shut out a lot of 'C' listers who relied on the stern show to help sell tickets.
    Maybe Pat Cooper was right all along, 'You have to be in 'A' company not 'B' company'

17. tycho1972

tycho1972 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Artie was right - the article did, for the most part, make it look like Artie and John were out to smear Stern. The article doesn't mention how Artie kept saying he loved Stern or that it was a joke-filled conversation that merely discussed the evolution of Stern (from shock jock to politically correct/celebrity buddy...which is a major evolution and deserving of comment).

Howard cannot deny the "evolution" with a straight face. Oh shit, what am I saying? Of course he can. The truth to Stern is whatever the hell Stern says it is in that given moment.

18. VarmintSam

VarmintSam Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Mlaw doing damage control. :jj:

kippy likes this.
  19. DinnerSocks

DinnerSocks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If I was Sirius, I would make a serious offer to get as many of the Stern guys (current and former) and try to cobble 1 show or a couple shows from that mix of personalities. They could basically do a version of TWUS, back when it was about busting balls and shooting the shit. They could have guests but no one too famous or mainstream. Let Gunky and Robin go off and do their long, boring interviews with irrelevant old ladies and keep the Back Office guys to do a show geared toward people that haven't gone through menopause. Adding Artie and/or KC would be great if they could just keep it together, but I doubt that would ever happen.

AmishGirl, No Head Games and Lster like this.
  20. redwolf

redwolf Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    damn I wish Artie would just say Howard was a prick and leave it at that, Howard "was" great at Radio but from all accounts he was a prick doing it, Please Artie don't whitewash your statements, I wonder if Howard has the power to get Artie Black balled from future work?

The Jackie chair likes this.