News “F–k her right in the pu–y”

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by HS Cult Leader, Jun 15, 2015.

1. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:
    TV News Reporters Speak Out About Explosion of Explicit On-the-Street Taunts

Media | By Anita Bennett on June 14, 2015 @ 2:14 pm

[​IMG]

“It’s a brand of harassment I was not expecting when I chose this profession,” NBC4 Southern California reporter Beverly White tells TheWrap

It’s not a new problem, but it’s one that by most accounts is getting worse.

A growing number of TV news reporters say over the past year, there has been an increase in the level of sexually explicit taunts they face while covering stories on public streets. The disturbing trend involves hecklers running up and yelling, “F–k her right in the pu–y” into microphones as reporters stand in front of the camera.

“The acronym ‘F her in the P’ is constant,” NBC4 Southern California reporter Beverly White told TheWrap. “Total strangers, typically young men, shout that profanity like they have a right, and I beg to differ. It is deeply offensive and it’s infuriating.”

The obscene interruptions started to gain notoriety in May 2014. The first known incident was initially thought to have been said by a heckler during a live broadcast in Cincinnati, Ohio. The footage went viral, but the stunt turned out to be a hoax. Still, the copycat incidents are all too real.

For White, who covers general assignment news, the insults can be jarring. “Sometimes it just blows your train of thought,” she explained. “We’re accustomed to disruptions, helicopters flying overhead, barking dogs, sirens, those disruptions come with the territory. But this level of again, profanity, directed at mostly female correspondents, in the presence of a camera, is so upsetting.”

Ashley Kirklen, a morning news reporter at TV6 in Marquette, Michigan, has heard the explicit taunts as well.

“My New Year’s Eve ball-drop story was the worst time I was heckled by people on the street,” Kirklen told TheWrap. “As a one-man band, I had to set up my own shot and record myself. People kept walking into my shot on purpose, screaming in my ear and even touching me,” she recalled. “When I got back to the station and looked back at the footage, I noticed they did stuff behind my back. I even faintly heard the ‘FHRITP’ reference in the background.”

According to experts, the problem stems from a generation of young men who grew up consuming prank-based shows like “Jackass” and “Punk’d” and feel emboldened to act out in public and film themselves doing so. Factor in the Internet and the ability to share antics on the net, and it’s a recipe for disaster.

“It’s honestly really similar to online trolling, except that it’s not happening online, it’s happening in public,” Elisa Lees Munoz, executive director of The International Women’s Media Foundation said.

“It’s really indicative of the misogyny and extreme sexism that’s out there in our society… It’s infuriating that there are people out there using gender-based acts to stop women from performing their professional activity.”

While the insults are usually hurled at female reporters, women are not the sole targets.

Sébastien Vuagnat, a freelance reporter-photographer who covers the western U.S. for French TV networks France 24 and M6, had hecklers shout “FHRITP” at him during a recent shoot in Las Vegas.

“It happened to me when I was there covering the fight between Pacquiao and Mayweather, the boxing game,” Vuagnat said. “I was there on the street trying to work on my standup, and working by myself, and it was kind of crazy because a lot of people are coming to you and especially drunk people, yelling weird things and bad words, ugly things that I can not repeat.”

Los Angeles-based Vaugnat says he is frequently approached by “very friendly” French tourists who recognize the logo on his microphone flag and want to say hello. But it’s a different story when he comes in contact with large groups of young, American men. “It gets a bit difficult, especially at night… it can be a nightmare,” he said.

According to Vaugnat, there was no shortage of rude people when he worked in Paris, but the level of disrespect is much higher in the U.S.

“In France, they won’t disturb you. They will stay behind you and do ugly things or make ugly faces, but they will stay behind you. You won’t notice it because you are facing the camera. But yes, I would say in the last two years, here in the U.S., it’s so bad.”

It happens in Canada too.

In May, a female reporter for “City News” in Toronto confronted a group of male soccer fans during a lengthy on-camera exchange for yelling “FHRITP” as she covered a story. “CityNews” ran footage of the incident, which quickly went viral. After having his face plastered across the Internet, one of the men, an assistant network management engineer who made $106,000 per year, was fired from his job.

White understands why the Canadian journalist argued with the men. The L.A. reporter said she recently got so fed up while covering a police chase that she decided to speak up as well.

“I spontaneously shouted at a young man, fairly recently, ‘You kiss your mother with that mouth?’ because I was so shocked that he would utter that to a stranger,” she noted. “He was in a car with friends and they shouted collectively, I’d say maybe three or four young men. So when I asked him that, he giggled and I repeated it and he repeated what he had to say. Then he sped off into the night.”

White was working under a tight deadline, but wishes she could have said more at the time.

“If I could have stopped him and talked to him, I would have said, ‘How dare you. I’m working. It’s an honest living. Nothing gives you the right to violate my workspace in that way.'”

Munoz said she’s glad more reporters are speaking out.

“The more that people know about this and work together and share experiences and validate each other’s work, it sounds superficial, but we have heard from a lot of journalists that just knowing that there are other people out there supporting them is extremely helpful.”

Before joining NBC4 25 years ago, White worked as a reporter in Miami, Cincinnati, Ohio, and San Antonio, Texas. She says she never imagined that things would get this bad.

“We’re accustomed to some level of disrespect — it just comes with the job. A lot of people don’t want a camera around, and we’re often there for negative reasons. But aside from that, the profanity takes it to a new level. That’s a brand of harassment I was not expecting when I chose this profession.”

2. agnes

agnes Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    #blacklivesmatter

NyMarkNy likes this.
  3. Dirty South

Dirty South Large Member

Reputations:
    :ColinPowell:

A reggie named White. :ulol:

4. Buster Himan

Buster Himan Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Ummmmmm.....................yeeeeeeeeeeeeah......................it's still funny.

AllAboutHim Ed likes this.
  5. crazypreacher

crazypreacher Hey yo

Reputations:
    Newsreaders are probably distracted by shiny things, too.

reno likes this.
  6. peterfonda

peterfonda Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  7. RenchFries

RenchFries Official Dawgshed Dutch representative Gold

Reputations:

:lol: :owned:

8. NiggalissCage

NiggalissCage Well-Known Member

Reputations:

I love how the assholes try and pretend it wasn't one of their own who started this whole thing. Fucking liars.

Here is the reporter who started it all.

SorryBoff and unclefreddy like this.
  9. Buffalo Balls

Buffalo Balls Well-Known Member

Reputations:

You didn't know that the original was fake? Plus all the ones with the FHRINTP guy too?

Dionysus and ravenrules like this.
  10. NiggalissCage

NiggalissCage Well-Known Member

Reputations:

I had no idea. Really?

Damn - I loved that whole story.

11. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:

This is the clip they manipulated:

Mulletude, Dionysus and Buffalo Balls like this.
  12. Buffalo Balls

Buffalo Balls Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    First time I saw it, the iphone earbud he's using instantly gave it away.

Dionysus likes this.
  13. Richard Tucker

Richard Tucker Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Umm...they DO have the right. This is America, bitch, and if you don't like it you can geeeeeet ooouuuuutttttt.

14. FishySausage

FishySausage Original Nuttah VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Yeah because what on-the-scene news reporters do is SOOO important. :rolleyes:

Gimme a freakin break

15. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    it's a really disgusting phrase....it lacks cleverness or humor. it's just vulgar.

16. ApeFace

ApeFace Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    There was a reporter named Gary Anthony Ramsay that worked on NY1. He must have lived near me at the time because I would see him a lot. I walked by him one day while he was reporting and literally just said his name, I actually liked him. He went absolutely crazy. Huffing and puffing and acting like a lunatic. You would have thought he was covering the first alien landing from Mars and I messed up his chance for an interview. I never broke stride as I walked past him but could hear him ranting down the block. Such a jerk off. He wound up getting fired for some stupid reason. I was amused.

Ass Whole and Ta Ta Toothy like this.
  17. ApeFace

ApeFace Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I also used to live by the actress who played Dr. Olivet on Law and Order. I walked by her once, thinking I was clever, and said hello doctor. She looked like she wanted to spit on me. So exasperated. This is at least a decade since she was on the show. I wanted to turn around and tell her she should be thankful anybody recognized her. Shithead. Actually, maybe it's me. I also almost got into it with the guy who played Dylan's dad on 90210. He was not amused by me at all.

Pooh bear, Mulletude and Rescued Owl like this.
  18. Rescued Owl

Rescued Owl VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Keep up the good work of pissing these assholes off.
    Especially the local news reporters. I have run across a couple of ours also. Self important douchebags.

Pooh bear, unclefreddy and ApeFace like this.
  19. Richard Tucker

Richard Tucker Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Its only as disgusting or vulgar as you allow it to be. I'm amazed at the power some people give certain words/phrases. They're just words.

Ta Ta Toothy likes this.
  20. goldtopper

goldtopper Well Known Heterosexual Gold

Reputations:
    That struck me too. Stupid talkin head reporter knows nothing other than her cue cards tell her.