Boy, 11, charged with manslaughter in shooting death of 3-year-old DETROIT - An 11-year-old boy has been charged with manslaughter in the shooting death of a 3-year-old boy at a home on Detroit's east side. This, despite the fact that police are calling it an accidental shooting, reported CBS Detroit. Prosecutors say the boy is charged with manslaughter -- death by weapon aimed with intent but without malice, and using a firearm during a felony. According to the sation, they say the older boy took a handgun from a bedroom closet at his father's home Monday and tossed it from a window into the backyard. Later, he reportedly retrieved the gun and climbed into a car parked in the yard. The 3-year-old got into the car and was shot once in the face, police said. Authorities told CBS Detroit the boys had been "playing with" the gun. Exactly who was supposed to be watching the boys is unclear. "I cannot remember a time where we have charged someone so young with taking a life. Very unfortunately and very tragically, the alleged facts in this case demanded it," Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy said in a statement. "The charged respondent here will remain in the Juvenile system, but the case remains under investigation..." Police said Wednesday they were trying to determine if the boys are related.