19 Facts every American should know about illegal immigration.

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Dlist, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Dlist

Dlist Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    http://www.blacklistednews.com/19_V...y_American_Should_Know/27988/0/38/38/Y/M.html
    #1 57 percent of all households that are led by an immigrant (legal or illegal) are enrolled in at least one welfare program.#2 According to one study, the cost to U.S. taxpayers of legalizing current illegal immigrants would be approximately 6.3 trillion dollars over the next 50 years.#3 The Obama administration has distributed flyers that tell illegal immigrants that their immigration status will not be checked when they apply for food stamps.#4 The Department of Homeland Security says that it has lost track of a million people that have entered this country but that appear never to have left.#5 One out of every five children living in Los Angeles County has a parent that is in the country illegally.#6 In one recent year, taxpayers in Los Angeles County spent 600 million dollars on welfare for children of illegal immigrants.

I'm hiding under the sofa regarding this post.:usofa:

2. AcquiringSignal

AcquiringSignal Girthy VIP

Reputations:
    Didn't read. I live in Arizona. It will just depress me.

:mexican:

3. Dilkington

Dilkington Active Member

Reputations:
    another fact, if not for illegal workers - chicken would be way more expensive, hotel rooms wouldnt be clean, fruit would be 2x more $$, and our resturants would be short staffed by half at least.

Soon as we start busting the mega-corps that employ (and, in some cases, abuse) illegals, I will give a shit. Until then, WGAS WGAF.

4. Dilkington

Dilkington Active Member

Reputations:
    my point being - the American economy is fueled by underpaid illegals. So go fuck yourself with your xenophobia.

have a nice day otherwise :usa:

5. CaptainFrank

CaptainFrank Well-Known Member

Reputations:

So why don't you write a check to Uncle Sam and send him a donation if you don't mind paying for these leeches?

6. Dlist

Reputations:
    Dawg, I didin't mean to start a troll thread, but I think I just did.:facepalm:

7. zhukov

zhukov Time traveler Gold

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;pNPvd0HE7Kk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNPvd0HE7Kk[/video]

8. StRyDeRxX

StRyDeRxX Bling Bling Gold

Reputations:
    Sad but true. The current US economy would be in a much different situation if it weren't for illegal immigrants. The American culture creates the idea that manual labor in this country is accomplished by the extremely poor or illegal immigrates. Young American adults would rather stay unemployed and collect welfare then to do the type of work that immigrates do. :facepalm:

Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  9. AGT Blows

AGT Blows Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Someday the Mexicans will out number the humans.

10. Dlist

Reputations:
    Here is the deal..I welcome anyone who wants to come to this country and works..any mofos that get welfare...don't need you, go back..that is all.

11. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    all I know is if you're here illegally, that's illegal.

12. teriaki

teriaki Member

Reputations:
    Wrong, wrong, and wrong. It's a myth that there are jobs Americans won't do. I suggest reading Thomas Sowell or Victor Davis Hanson's book Mexifornia for a thorough debunking of this idea.

13. teriaki

teriaki Member

Reputations:
    Excerpted. Link below:

http://jewishworldreview.com/cols/sowell061113.php3#.UgbdONO9KSN

14. Chatsworth

Chatsworth Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    All the heavy lifting done around where I live is by Mexicans. Young American white males are only capable of building grande lattes.

15. Chatsworth

Chatsworth Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Check back when you're in the emergency room waiting for your turn in a line of illegals. It's a common occurrence in south Florida. Plus- you get the pleasure of paying for them.

16. Chimney Portions

Chimney Portions I drink cum Banned User

Reputations:
    So tax payers should pay the benefits of the illegal aliens who are here to reduce the price we pay for shit?

Guess what happens when these migrant workers get work visas and green cards. They become legal. They then are owed minimum wage and can sue for work related injuries. They then become too expensive and will be replaced by mechanical labor. Within 5-10 years, migrant farm workers will be obsolete. Yet we're encouraged to support a system that allows unskilled, uneducated non-contributers to be granted a permanent stay because...because, ummm...because not doing so is somehow racist and evil and...ummm..Republicans suck and stuff!

17. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    This is just not correct. Many of these claims are made by people who have never calculated profit and loss in their lives, much less run a business. They get passed along as fact, but they're not.

Let's do some actual math and see just how expensive things would get in a few areas of large immigrant employment.

1. A typical routine (not checkout) hotel cleaning takes .25 hours of labor(make beds, pick up any trash on floor, wipe any water pooled in bath, replace towels) . With final checkout cleanings (also vac, do the tub, toilet, etc) running .75 hours or so. So let's just say .5 hours/day per stay. At $7.50/hour that's $3.75/day for housekeeping per room. If employers were forced to DOUBLE wages to $15/hour (let's ignore labor burden for simplicity) that would add $3.75/day to the cost of a hotel room. An average hotel room in the states is maybe $175/night. So, to use "lazy" Americans for housekeeping making $15/hour (slightly above the average wage) it would increase the price of a hotel room night by a whopping 2.15%! That is what is called a ROUNDING ERROR in business. Tiny incremental improvements in other areas such as vacancies are far more important to the bottom line. The hotel/sales tax alone most places is about 10-13%. Adding a free continental breakfast adds about $5/night/room. So please, let's get realistic. Hotels are massive investments, but most of the cost is not in low-skill housekeeping jobs filled by immigrants. Land, construction costs, utilities, taxes, regulatory costs, front desk and administrative costs, marketing costs, maintenance on the building, and other factors are more important and have little to do with immigrant labor.

2. Getting the lawn mowed. A common immigrant occupation. In an 8 hour work day with seat time and other "friction" (loading, unloading, fueling, repairs, goofing off, speaking with customers, etc) , a 2 man crew might do 16 small lots in a day. At $10/hour average pay (crew leader and helper) for immigrant laborers your labor cost (w/o insurance, payroll taxes, etc) per lawn would be $10. Take that pay up to $15/hour ($30,000/year, again about the average in the US and double the minimum wage) to obtain legal American workers who prefer sweating for $15 to chillin' for $8, and your cost per lawn rises to $15/lawn, or just $5 more. That is about $150 more per year for 30 weeks of service on a home lawn. That is a 14% price increase to the customer, for a VERY LABOR INTENSIVE business, for legal, taxpaying, non-entitlement consuming workers. Because like in every business, the costs involved are more than just labor. Machines, gas, insurance, maintenance, administrative, vehicles, etc. all are part of the equation.

3. Fruit picking. Anyone who has picked fruit or watched it being done by someone who knows how knows the amount of fruit a worker can pick in an hour is enormous. I have read reports of earnings being from about $10/hour to $20/hour depending on skill, hustle, and accuracy in sorting. But let's double that pay to something that might induce college students, part-time workers in other fields needing to supplement pay, and others to do it instead of transients. If the picker produces around 500 apples, or 100lbs of apples per hour (one apple every 7 seconds with 10 min/hour breaks), at $10/hour average earnings, the labor cost for picking is TEN CENTS PER POUND. So, doubling pay to $20/hour (equivalent in piece work) you get apples that cost a whopping ten cents more per pound. Can anyone here ever guess within 10 cents how much apples cost per pound?

And in lawn care and fruit picking, there is technology available that is not purchased because the availability of cheap labor makes in uneconomic. You see guys pushing mowers instead of riding or standing on much more productive ones because their cost of labor is so cheap the owner would rather pay the labor than buy the $10,000 machines. Also, it is harder to train non English speaking workers to become higher skilled equipment operators. There are fruit and nut harvesting machines that cost a ton but replace a lot of labor. As long as wages remain depressed their adaptation will remain suppressed and it will not pay for companies to invest in inventing better machines to handle more crops.

Meanwhile, the costs of "cheap labor" more than offset the savings when you factor in social spending, crime, lower wages to US workers, and other burdens on society. It's not even close.

AS for the employers, I agree, they need to be prosecuted. The laws on hiring illegally are already on the books. We simply do not enforce them, choosing to "nod and wink". But don't limit it to "mega corps". Most large businesses hire legal immigrants. It's the small ones that hire so many illegals in fields like construction, landscaping, restaurants, etc, where there is less regulation and payments can be made in cash.

You cannot really blame someone who comes here to make 5x what he could back home. The real culprits are the employers who cheat the system and the government types who want them here for business, social , and political reasons. But just because someone wants to come here doesn't mean it's good for our nation or we have to allow it. A homeless guy would love my place, that doesn't mean I'm going to let him break in and sleep here.

18. jaw_belize

jaw_belize Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    What does this have to do with Howard stern?

19. willx

willx New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    This! One of the most common reasons people come here illegally because they know they will be able to find jobs. I propose a "2 strikes and you're out" law for businesses practicing in what is tantamount to treason by hiring illegal workers vs. legal citizens/immigrants. If you're caught twice hiring illegal immigrants, you're out of business. Done deal, pal! This would cut down a great deal of the illegal immigration. Obviously not all, but a significant amount.

20. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    I may have related this before, but when we lived in S. Florida my wife waited in severe pain (that could have been something deadly) for HOURS to get seen at the emergency room. The place was to capacity with immigrants getting their kids sore throats and diarheaha treated free. We got out of there as soon as we could and don't miss it a bit.