2 questions regarding Fred's sound bits

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Caldwell, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Caldwell

Caldwell Active Member

Reputations:
    first, is there a concrete date set for the special on Fred's sound clips? I want to mark that on my calender it sounds really interesting.

Second, can someone tell where this sound clip is from? I dont have an example but they play it all the time when talking about gary ( booey )
    and its someone in a deep voice going "baba bobo....booey!" theres also a couple like "rara retard" and "flafla floli"

I just love these clips and I have no idea what they are or where they are from.
    thanks!

2. h89fvh8dfha8hfv9a0

h89fvh8dfha8hfv9a0 Xavier's water boy Banned User

Reputations:
    August 12 is the Fred special and the sound clip came from an old Popeye cartoon.

3. knu3421

knu3421 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    High pitch eric? 2nd question?

4. KillVampires

KillVampires Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    Those are old clips of Billy West doing various versions of the 'Baba Booey' name. They are from back in the early 90s and maybe even late 80s. Da-da-dummy. Ma-ma-monkey. Re-re-retard. Ta-ta-toothy. There are probably a dozen or more of them.

5. NotMyBro

NotMyBro VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Related question: what application is Fred using to search & playback all these sounds? I'm guessing he has them tagged somehow and has even shortcuts for some? :dontknow:

6. h89fvh8dfha8hfv9a0

Reputations:
    Don't listen to KillVampires, he works for the Mossad.

7. h89fvh8dfha8hfv9a0

Reputations:
    I always wondered the same because I have thousands of .wav files and no matter how organized it would take like 15-30 seconds to search and pull up something.

8. Caldwell

Caldwell Active Member

Reputations:
    I imagine its something like how when you scroll left on an iphone and as you search more letters/words it narrows it down by some sort of tag or category or something. just my speculation.

9. NotMyBro

NotMyBro VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    After some searching, I came across this:

While the first part is correct, second part sounds like fucking bullshit. look at the damn thing:

[​IMG]

How could anyone memorize numbers of thousands of clips?!?

Yes, he does use some kind of an app that narrows down choices as you type and then you can click/hit key to play back a clip. That's sounds like the most logical solution.

10. quitefrankly

quitefrankly Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    THANKS you just taught me somethin about my phone reps sent

11. Jim Lahey

Jim Lahey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I don't know anything about radio, but my guess would be that (at least when I quit listening) Fred chooses a dozen or so bites to be in his regular rotation. That way he can just pick the best fit at a moment's notice rather than taking 5 minutes to think about the most clever and obscure reference and hunting for it in the archives. After a set period of time - a week, a month, whenever it feels right, notes from Howard - some will drop out and be replaced by other, more relevant or more universal bites.

Hack comedians do it the same way - Artie is a good example. If I were Artie for example, and especially if I was fucked out of my gourd and not thinking clearly, I'd memorize "I would but I'm not gay", "no, but your mother does" and "That's what SHE said!" and blurt out whichever of those three gems was most appropriate to my addled mind.

This is different from posting here, where if you don't have a good comeback you can search for it, edit your comments after the fact or just sit out a particular exchange. I'm a New Yorker too and busting balls successfully in real time takes a lot of effort. You are exposed if you try to coast (or if you want to walk to St Louis some weekend) and I think the last couple years of the show (ever do anal? into black guys? bet you've got a big schlonger) proves that point.