2 Weeks Free Sirius XM - Wow

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by GIRLY, Aug 30, 2012.

1. GIRLY

GIRLY OV

Reputations:
    http://siriusbuzz.com/turn-those-inactive-siriusxm-radios-back-on-and-listen-for-free.php

[h=1]Turn Those Inactive SiriusXM Radios Back on and Listen For Free![/h] August 29, 2012 (4:45 pm) Charles
    Maybe you’ve never had the pleasure of listening to SiriusXM, maybe you walked away and it’s been a while. Whatever the case, if you turn on that inactive radio starting today, you will be able to listen to 60 channels of music, sports, talk and more for FREE.
    [​IMG]
    This “Turn it Back ON†special offer from SiriusXM is set to run from August 29th until September 11th giving everyone 14 days of gratis service sure to leave them wanting more. Whether its a plug and play radio or a factory installed system in your car, all you have to do is power on and enjoy.
    The only problem is, without your help, no one will ever know so, tell your friends, tell your family, retweet this post, and do whatever it takes to bring a few moments of free joy to the people you care about most. I guess I have a to go call my Dad now.

2. Jim Lahey

Jim Lahey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    So which 60 shit channels do we get?

3. punkinpie

punkinpie New Member

Reputations:
    That makes me so mad. My husband always gets the free offers and I don't. I paid for three subscriptions for five years and never get those emails. We both have XM factory installed in our cars.

4. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...fuck sirius. i can listen to great jazz and blues all day long on my local npr station. and its FREE 24/7/365

5. slacker

slacker New Member

Reputations:
    Dign all my equipment back out and hooking it all up isnt worth the hassle for the 60 shit stations on the free preview.... Plus, recently i got a new pioneer home receiver that has pandora and net radio in it... I hooked it up to the net and that shit kicks ass.... Thousands more stations, and it displays all the info up on my tv via hdmi... Easy to use, no fees, and feels a lot more like "real" radio compared to listening to net radio on the computer....

Fuck sirius

6. slacker

slacker New Member

Reputations:
    That offer isnt just for certain people, all the old radios have been turned back on...

7. R.P. McMurphy

Reputations:
    ...i still have one of the first sirius radios, the audiovox with amber colored lighting. extra antenna cable too cause i had to put the antenna outside. it just wasnt worth the expense seeing as how i got it just for howard. i tried their jazz channels but my npr guys do a better job.

8. Dick Gozinya

Dick Gozinya Active Member

Reputations:
    http://www.siriusxm.com/listen3

I like that it sounds as if you just have to turn on a radio instead of going through all that activation horseshit. If I read that right.

9. Jim Lahey

Jim Lahey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Thanks, Mr Gozinya.

That's not a bad list. I may turn on Little Steven if I am working around the house the next couple of weeks. Thanks, Sirius

10. BethsZygote

BethsZygote In Utero VIP

Reputations:
    i would be their hardware is shit, it quit on me, and im not stupid enough to buy a third receiver.

11. ShutupMoron

ShutupMoron Unknown Member VIP

Reputations:
  12. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Lol, they turned on the three broken radios I had years ago.

I have one global sub that gives me Internet streams (3) plus every xm and Sirius channel for $0.99/mo.... Quite happy with it too.

13. kelliejean

kelliejean Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Is howard included in the free trial....if he is I will be shocked

14. jon1972us

jon1972us Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I get free Sirius 365 days a year.

15. nicksgt

nicksgt Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    i have asked this question in other threads but never gotten an answer..

i am thinking about getting my wife an iphone so she could listen to pandora and getting rid of her sirius account...but i have had friends say that using pandora in your car is a huge data hog and could lead to problems..we have verizon and i am pretty sure its unlimited data..anyone know if this is a bad idea

16. R.P. McMurphy

Reputations:
    ...i thought about giving my radio away before but its probably going to end up worth about as much as one of those 1000 hours free, aol cd's.

17. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    They'd have to if (though I'm not positive) they REALLY want to lure it's new people in. But it's also a negative because he's on yet another vacation and the novice tuning in JUST to hear him live (with no knowledge of the nuances of the show and his schedule like we have) will come up snake-eyes being that his stations are about 10% live when he's off.

They literally would have to wait till next Tuesday to hear the show live. THEN to find out he's only in 2 days THAT week. I can't imagine management is happy with that as an enticement whatsoever. They really should wait till next week to start this if they were smart.

And I also think with Howard suing AGAIN, Sirius could care less about Howard's velvet rope attitude now about his show or making him happy. Just like his "compound" is kept away from the other shows with 5x the hoops to through to get in and look.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
  18. slacker

slacker New Member

Reputations:
    ya, just turn your old radio on, it'll update and it'll work... no registration to it....

thanks for posting that list.... shows how fuck'n sad Sirius/XM is.... no hamptons channels.... very limited bullshit selection on music... when they consolidated all the Sirius and XM music stations a few years ago I lost my top 3 favorites out of that fuck'n deal.... they should have had enough room for all of them.... shit... if they want to compete now days they need to be adding music channels like crazy.....

btw... have they started airing advertisements on their music channels yet??

19. ShutupMoron

ShutupMoron Unknown Member VIP

Reputations:
    I have the old AT&T unlimited data plan which as it turns out isn't really unlimited anymore even though I pay extra for it. Under the new policy AT&T throttles my download speed when I exceed 3 gigs for the month but it doesn't affect my ability to stream music. Surfing the net is a little slower though. I use my iPhone to listen to SiriusXM and other music streams in the car and have never used more than 5 gigs in a month. I also have access to WiFi hotspots in the area so anytime I connect to a hotspot I'm not using the 3G cellular data network.

Are you sure your wife has a Verizon unlimited data plan? I believe the only true unlimited data plan available today is Sprint. Verizon should have a data calculator their website to give you an idea how much data you're going to use per hour use to stream music.

20. Atomic Wedgie

Atomic Wedgie Crash Victim

Reputations: