2 years ago today

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by psyllium husk, Oct 3, 2013.

1. psyllium husk

psyllium husk New Member

Reputations:
    10/3/2011 :tears2:

[​IMG]

2. psyllium husk

psyllium husk New Member

Reputations:
    This studio made that show .. FUCK YOU DIRECT TV

[​IMG]

3. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Would love to hear an old school Nick and Artie argument.

4. Ipokesmot

Ipokesmot Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    The best show on radio that only lasted a year.

Jumped the shark after the move to the new studio, and nail in the coffin when Nick left.

5. Asshat

Asshat Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    God I miss that show.

6. HorseVsPelican

HorseVsPelican Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Anyone know where the shows from the first year can be downloaded? I really liked the first few months of the show specifically. Amazing how Directv destroyed it.

7. Will

Will Member

Reputations:
    The full run of the show was posted on Pirate Bay. Not sure if it's still on there or not.

8. HorseVsPelican

Reputations:
    Are you the same Will that worked on the show a while back?

What do you think of what they've done with it?

9. Will

Will Member

Reputations:
    To be honest, I really haven't followed the show too closely since they routed callers to NY. I know that they really had high ambitions for the show from the beginning, as indicated by the contract that was given to the guys. But that was originally based on the presumption that N&A would take the Fox Sports slot that was held by Tony Bruno, one of their other shows.

The N&A dynamic worked, and I hope that DirecTV finds a similar pairing for Artie. Also from a historical standpoint, it takes a special kind of dynamic for a radio show to translate into a successful television program. You can look at many wildly successful radio programs that tried to become TV shows in the 1950's with marginal results.

10. mnkycum

mnkycum Active Member

Reputations:
    I never understood why directv insisted on a "sports" co-host after Nick left. I doubt that many people rely on the show for their sports information, and another comedian would stop the show from falling flat every 5 minutes while someone has to explain the joke or whatever to Jon Ritchie. And that retard only knows about football, and has no clue about any other sport not even obvious shit that any 10 year old kid knows.

11. HorseVsPelican

Reputations:
    I never cared about the sports part but I'd prefer that over shitty bands and all the guests that come in now. Also how about taking calls? Anyone notice during the first few months they would take many calls. Now it's rare for them to take calls.

12. psyllium husk

psyllium husk New Member

Reputations:
    I liked the sport's but not to much of it on the show . but yes . the caller's .. Gonzo?? the guy from Montreal . fuck Karen . I got hour 1 11/28/2011 on .. Red Velvet cake . Rod from BAYSIDE YOUR THOUGHT'S???????????????

13. octex

octex Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The best radio shows rarely take calls. The host should be the entertainment, not the callers.

14. KimChee

KimChee New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I think its kinda funny that all the Rick haters were thrilled when he was fired. Now that it's the ALS for almost a year, the show is awful and no one is tuning in. Even the Artie zombies can no longer defend the show with a straight face. I don't think its all Arties fault, DTV is mostly to blame with this crappy variety/sports talk format. And the fact that Artie has a no talent, unfunny co-host and a retarded side kick doesn't help. You would almost feel sorry for Artie except for the fact that he is constantly not showing up and seems to not give any effort most of the time. The old show in the old studio was great! The new show, FAIL!

Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
  15. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Unless the hosts can manage to make it entertaining, which N&A usually did. If the caller sucked they would break their balls, which Artie's great at. I was listening to an old show and a guy named Mario called in and spent the whole time shitting on Nick's opinion of the Sandusky situation. And obviously Gonzo and Rod are great. I never realized how often those two guys would call in under other names in the beginning.

16. KimChee

Reputations:
    let's

17. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    huh?

18. Gogol Boobdello

Gogol Boobdello Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [h=1]Recovering comedian's new book, 'Crash and Burn,' details his downfall
    [​IMG][/h]

Artie Lange
    Jason Merritt/Getty Images For DirecTV

By ANDY GREENE
    October 10, 2013 10:00 AM ET

It's lunchtime, and Artie Lange is feeling hungry. He picks up the phone in his sleek Hoboken, New Jersey, apartment, gazing out over his ridiculous, postcard-worthy view of Manhattan. "Hey, it's Artie," he says. "Can you send over a large pie with extra cheese? Thanks." No last name, no address. Minutes later, the pizza arrives. They don't even charge him since he's mentioned the place (Uptown Pizza) on the radio so many times, but he still makes sure the delivery guy gets a $20 bill.
    Exclusive Book Excerpt: Artie Lange's 'Crash and Burn'
    Lange looks like he just rolled out of bed. He's wearing a faded blue T-shirt and sweatpants, and his graying hair is sticking up in every direction. He hasn't been on The Howard Stern Show, where he became famous as Stern's foulmouthed sidekick, in three years – not since some really dark things happened.
    Addicted to heroin and gambling and hookers, Lange hit bottom in 2010 with a truly gruesome suicide attempt. Reaching for his fifth slice of pizza, Lange casually notes it happened in this very room. He chugged from a bottle of bleach, stabbed himself in the stomach nine times and slit his wrists.
    Lange's mother discovered him and rushed her son to the hospital. He spent the next 18 months bouncing between psych wards and failed detox efforts. All of this happened right as Lange was reaching a level of success few comedians even dream of. After a decade on Stern, he was pulling in $80,000 a weekend doing stand-up. His 2008 memoir,Too Fat to Fish, was a surprise smash, shooting to Number One. He was also in love with a stunning Christie Brinkley look-alike named Adrienne, whom he met at a New Jersey tanning salon. (She's now his fiancee.)
    A new book, Crash and Burn, co-written with Anthony Bozza, comes out October 29th. It tells the whole tale of his return from absolute hell. Over the course of 90 minutes, Rolling Stone spoke with Lange about the book, why he's unlikely to ever appear on Stern again and coming back from rock bottom.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/culture...ife-after-howard-stern-20131010#ixzz2hLxgyM2g
    Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

19. KimChee

Reputations:
    Five slices of pizza? And if you check out his latest twitter post it has a picture of his lunch with Adrienne and there are two beers on the table. I guess he is taking his overweight and alcoholism not too seriously. Just more proof that Artie has never stopped drinking or doing drugs I imagine.

20. ilovebacon

ilovebacon Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I don't think that's beer... looks like lemon wedges in it...

[​IMG]