2007 Beth / PETA photo and article

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Dainty Jainty, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Dainty Jainty

Dainty Jainty New Member

Reputations:
    This is an oldie but was probably not covered here since it seems this board opened in 2010.

The little article below got me so incensed, I left the following comment:

"Don't fall for Beth's phoniness. She buys and wears TONS of leather shoes, belts, purses, and other accessories! Plus she eats meat and fish. Her involvement in North Shore Animal League is akin to a 10-year old who'll feed a donkey at a petting zoo but eat at McDonald's on the way home."

I only just submitted it so I'm not sure if it'll get past any moderators.

The comments made me SICK so I thought I should weigh in with a different perspective.

http://www.peta.org/b/thepetafiles/...-News-.aspx?CommentPosted=true#commentmessage

And in Howard Stern News ...

Written by PETA
    09-11-2007

You Howard Stern fans out there will appreciate this pic. Our sexy Fashion Police caught up with Howard's lovely girlfriend Beth Ostrosky at Fashion Week in New York last week. Beth said she was really glad to see that they were out there giving fashionistas the animals' side of the story.

[​IMG]

2. k4D3t

k4D3t Reverse Apache Master VIP

Reputations:
    I'm sure PETA has plenty to say about people who buy bulldogs from puppy mills as well

3. Dainty Jainty

Dainty Jainty New Member

Reputations:
    Ugh. I remember Howard saying they bought Bianca from a breeder, that Bianca was a show dog but could no longer compete because she developed a wiggle in her walk. Vomitous!

4. Spazzmatazz

Spazzmatazz Band Member Banned User

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

That bill on her cop cap is certainly not plastic or fabric. :facepalm:

[​IMG]
    People Eating Tasty Animals

5. newcastlefan

newcastlefan גֵּרְשֹׁם VIP

Reputations:
    PETA doesn't believe any animals should be kept as pets. They just don't stress that because they would never get another penny of donations from gullible supporters. PETA's leaders are no better than fundamentalist terrorists.

6. harlock

harlock ancora imparo Gold

Reputations:
    rescue breeder...:pissed:

7. harlock

Reputations:
    the more hardcore PETA members do not even think that seeing eye dogs should be allowed...:(

8. newcastlefan

Reputations:
    if anyone really wants to help abused animals, these guys deserve your support far more than those lying and somewhat psychotic people leading PETA:

http://www.rescueink.org/

9. newcastlefan

Reputations:
    years ago when i naively supported them, i received one of Ingrid Newkirk's alert memos calling for protests to Congress to categorize all birds, even those currently raised as domesticated, as wild and illegal to be raised and kept in captivity. their true agenda is to eliminate all companion animals, even if it means they go extinct rather than be companions.

10. Spazzmatazz

Spazzmatazz Band Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I was talking to a longtime friend yesterday who informed me about a RICO Act lawsuit brought against Humane Society of the United States by Ringling Bros. in 2009, that is still ongoing and it's not looking good for them.

We have another update in the decade-plus-long litigation drama involving several animal rights groups, including the Humane Society of the United States, involving their alleged racketeering scheme against Feld Entertainment, owner of the Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus.

You may recall that in late 2009, animal rights groups saw their legal offensive against the circus tossed out of federal court by United States District Judge Emmet Sullivan of the District of Columbia. Meanwhile, Feld filed a suit against the animal rights groups alleging injuries under the Racketeer Influence and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO), the same law that’s been used to bust mobsters. Very saucy. On July 9, Sullivan denied most of the requests for a motion to dismiss brought by the defendants. Feld’s RICO suit will move forward.

http://humanewatch.org/index.php/site/post/rico_update_lawsuit_against_hsus_moves_forward/

11. newcastlefan

Reputations:
    i'm always amused by how these things change from decade to decade: back in the 1970s the ASPCA was a butcher-shop known for immediately killing dogs and cats as they were acquired. the NJ Humane Society was apparently fantastic. They opened a preserve on acres of land and took in all animal. none were killed. all that needed aid were cared for, and all were allowed to live out their normal life free and comfortable. 30 years later and the humane society is "evil" and the aspca is good. i'm not sure i trust any of them anymore.

12. Dainty Jainty

Dainty Jainty New Member

Reputations:
    Agreed. That's why I support and reach out to local wildlife rehabbers like WINORR (Wildlife in Need of Rescue and Rehabilitation):
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/WINORR-Wildlife-In-Need-of-Rescue-and-Rehabilitation/113685721999067

They are a married couple who are completely non-profit. They work from donations supplied by well-wishers and rescue and rehab countless animals from their home. Bobby Horvath is a fireman who helps with the rescue work during his time off from the job. His wife is 100% devoted to the cause. They know local vets who help their animals with surgery, medication, etc. They rock!!!

13. harlock

Reputations:
    the loonies running that organisation have a truly :wtf: ideology. most members that i know are just people who care about the welfare of animoes. well meaning people IMO. the elite of that group seem to have some kind of hatred for humanity in general. dogs have been with us for like 20,000 years or something. our symbiotic relationship has benefited both species, and somehow that's bad to them.

14. newcastlefan

Reputations:
    yeah i think the local groups are the right way to go now, although most do not understand the value of becoming a 501.c.3 corporation (my employer will 100% match my contributions to 501.c.3). So far I like the one i posted about a few posts ago (Rescue Ink) and a friend of mine at work is starting one in NJ.

15. kippy

kippy Not Safe For Women VIP

Reputations:
    Did Beth, the environmentalist, get to that rally by limo and helicopter from her Hamptons mansion?

16. harlock

Reputations:
    horse-trailer-accessories-1.jpg

need to ask her driverist