22 Year Old Blows $90,000 College Fund, Mad That Parents Won't Use Retirement Fund To Bail Her Out..

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by teehee, Jul 24, 2015.

1. teehee

teehee Friend Of The Friendless VIP

Reputations:
    'My dad is a jerk!' 22-year-old 'brat' blows $90,000 college fund on vacations and clothes and attacks her parents for refusing to use their retirement fund to bail her out :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    • Kim, whose last name is not known, called the Atlanta radio show The Bert Show to ask for advice
    • Her grandparents set her up with a college fund that was supposed to last four years, but she spent it all on tuition, clothes, and vacations
    • She was afraid to tell her parents, who then refused to give her more money or co-sign a loan unless she got a job
    • Kim didn't want to work and called it 'embarrassing' :rolleyes:- prompting the hosts to mock her, while callers described her as a 'spoiled brat'..

One 22-year-old incoming college senior is 'freaking out' about the fact that she's already spent her entire college fund a year short of graduation - and has enraged people all over the internet, who think the 'spoiled brat' should grow up and get a job.

The young woman, who goes only by Kim, has now called in four times to Atlanta radio's The Bert Show, each time taking listeners through another aspect of her stressful saga. Despite the fact that her grandparents set her up with a $90,000 college fund that was intended to last for four years, Kim, who is about to start her senior year, has already spent it all on tuition, books, clothes - and vacations.

But initially, instead of taking responsibility and getting a job, Kim blamed her parents for not teaching her how to budget properly - and faced the backlash of others who've called her 'entitled' and said she needs to get her act together.

Yahoo Parenting reports, Kim called into the local radio show (which is syndicated in 11 states) to discuss her dilemma.

'Years ago my grandparents set up a college fund for me, which was amazing,' she began. '[But] I haven’t been very good with my budget for school. The first payment for my senior year just arrived, and I don’t have the money, basically.'

I just wasn't very good with my budget. I took my college break money out of there, and maybe I shouldn't have
    She explained that she was 'hooked up' for all four years of college, with almost $90,000. But due to what the show's hosts jokingly describe as a 'banking error' on her part, Kim is now left with no money left to pay the $10,000 tuition bill for the first semester of her senior year - or the $10,000 bill that will come once her second semester starts.

'I’ve just been avoiding it. Like,:rolleyes: I knew that the bill was coming,' she said, adding that she'd already visited her school's financial aid office and applied for scholarships with no luck.

'I just wasn't very good with my budget,' she went on. 'I also [used] that budget for school clothes and stuff like that. My college break money, I [took] out of there, and maybe I should have not done that.'

That college break was a trip to Europe, which she 'figured was part of my education'. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately for Kim, her parents weren't ready to lend her the money.

Calling back The Bert Show for a follow-up, she explained that after having an open and honest conversation with her mom and dad, she was told that they couldn't help her - a reaction that Kim did not expect.o_Oo_O

'My dad was so - just a little bit of a jerk about it,' she said. He just sort of chuckled, like I'm so stupid or something.'o_Oo_O

Kim expressed that it was unfair of them to treat her that way because it was their fault that she spent her money so irresponsibly in the first place, saying: 'Maybe they should have taught me to budget a little more... They never sat me down and had a real serious talk about it.'o_O

While her father said they didn't have more cash to give her, Kim said that was a 'lie', as she knew her parents had a retirement account that her dad had been contributing to for 'a million years'.o_Oo_Oo_O

The hosts of the show then told her that she was learning a valuable lesson, and would now have to go to the bank for a loan. Kim, though, hadn't accepted that as the next step, and voiced frustration that she would have to actually go 'inside' - a word she stressed - a bank to apply for one, and couldn't just do it online.o_O

[​IMG]

Somehow, though, she managed to make herself go inside a bank - and called the show back afterward for another update. She recounted how she filled out forms, 'wrote a lot', and was told by a woman who worked at the bank that she would need her parents to co-sign the loan - which she would then have to start paying back immediately.

That created a new problem for Kim, who explained that she never thought of getting a job to earn money. Her parents said that they would only co-sign on the condition that Kim found part-time employment, which she called 'embarrassing'.o_O:eek::rolleyes::rolleyes:

'My job is being a student right now. I never planned on working through college,' she said. :rolleyes:

My job is being a student right now. I never planned on working through college
    She added: 'Maybe I'll tell my parents I'll be a stripper if they don't co-sign.':rolleyes:

Finally, it started to seem like Kim was growing up - a bit. She phoned back a fourth time to tell The Bert Show that she was calling local businesses near her school to apply for jobs, though it was difficult because she had no work history. She was also quite bitter about it, and annoyed with her parents.

'I know they're trying to teach me a lesson, and blah blah blah, and character building, but I hope they realize that this can have such a negative effect on grades, and [on me] as a person,' she said, whining about the fact that she would have to work at least 15 hours a week to get by.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

2. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    There are plenty of sugardaddy websites out there that she could regain more than that $90k in a year or so.

IfTheyOnlyKnew likes this.
  3. HypocriteHowie

HypocriteHowie Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It was honey, don't piss away money.

4. N Copter

N Copter Shot Dead Banned User

Reputations:

Bitch has no pride at all. I'd be have to be both starving and freezing at the same time before I went to my parents, or anyone, for money. Filthy cunt.

5. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    This thread again...

IfTheyOnlyKnew likes this.
  6. cygnus2112

cygnus2112 In The Prep Room

Reputations:
    its gotta be a fake bit just for the radio.

7. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    If she's the blonde.....I'm sure a Saudi "Business Man" Would love to offer her European modoeing gigs in exchange for the rest of her tuition........
    No?

8. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    This is why this country is DOOMED.....I can remember the generation before me "Working" Their way through college.....And before them.....
    [​IMG]

9. Quedee

Quedee Wise Ass Extraordinaire

Reputations:
    I tend to agree. I just listened to a podcast (Al's boring podcast) where he admitted that when he worked on Ron and Fez, they would have meetings about what to "create" that would make for good radio.

Wigward likes this.
  10. Mulletude

Mulletude I'm Big In The Hate Club, Ya Know VIP

Reputations:
    The "updates" alone would lead me to agree. But on the outside chance that it's legit, could you imagine hiring her? Gawd.

11. lilbuddy67

lilbuddy67 A man with breath-taking anger management issues Banned User

Reputations:
    Millennials = entitlement

12. sstressed

sstressed enhancement toker VIP

Reputations:
    feel good story of the day.

that sound she hears is the sound of young men running for zee hills.

DiamondGoddess and teehee like this.
  13. teehee

Reputations:
    Who asked yah??? :p

IfTheyOnlyKnew, smichal and Quedee like this.
  14. Calloused Shins

Calloused Shins Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Lil lupe went to college?

DiamondGoddess and teehee like this.
  15. teehee

Reputations:
    If its fake, theres a million true stories like this in the USA…Spoiled brats are running amuck!! :grad:

16. AlPachinosBaby

AlPachinosBaby Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    For the love...:facepalm:

If I remember correctly, my folks helped me out with books and supplies, but otherwise I had grants and scholarships to deal with. It got scary a few times :chair: but it would work out. My folks set up a savings "slush" account for me as a kid and when I when to college, my folks sat me down to explain the accounting on it.

It comes down to lack of accountability and responsibility.

IfTheyOnlyKnew and smichal like this.
  17. Beer Chugger

Beer Chugger Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Blow the money? Then "blow" your way into making more.

I'll go first for $50

18. ScottBaiosPenis

ScottBaiosPenis Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    we had this thread a few weeks ago the consensus was...

she's an actor its a fake "electric eel" type call ,like the wig used to constantly do.

IfTheyOnlyKnew, smichal and Wigward like this.
  19. Jayla

Jayla Ou ai-je l'esprit? Gold

Reputations:
    In fairness, at 40K per year in most cases, it's pretty difficult to get through it without some parental assistance these days.

20. zerokarma

zerokarma Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Whether this story is real or fake doesn't really matter, the truth is there is tons of young kids like that are completely delusional and filled with entitlement. Many have no concept of money and have totally unrealistic expectations. I blame mostly the parents for creating and enabling these monster kids.

smichal and DiamondGoddess like this.