24 Medals of Honor being awarded right now

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Kracka-Mike, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Kracka-Mike

Kracka-Mike Temp Ban Gold

Reputations:
    Live on one of those channels. CNN

[​IMG]

2. TehLivingDeath

TehLivingDeath New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    24? Jesus.

3. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    One for every state Obama thinks are in the union.

4. Kracka-Mike

Reputations:
    Some soldiers from WWII, Korea and Vietnam were passed over because they were hispanic and others I don't know. It's a shame

5. TehLivingDeath

TehLivingDeath New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Ahh, gotcha. Well, that makes sense.

6. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
  7. fuzzynuts

fuzzynuts 99% Relevant

Reputations:
    It's an election year. :coffee:

8. AllAboutHim Ed

AllAboutHim Ed #mypurpose VIP

Reputations:
    Moochelle dragged her ass on them before they were handed out.

Community organizing at its finest.

9. tired

tired Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    this is hollow ground leave it alone. Make fun of other things.

10. HooHoo

HooHoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I should get one of the Medals of Honor , right Robin, why am I always overlooked in the sense that I invented talk radio and quite frankly I'm America's judge

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  11. Dlist

Dlist Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    "hallowed" ground.....:rolleye:

just goofing Tired...:) Not all of us can be English majors like Beff. :)

12. hillbilly

hillbilly Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

My oldest son plays rec-basketball with this hero. Dakota Meyer, he saved 30-40 lives and I met him visiting my son. He is making a fortune on TV and endorsements, but most of all speeches. I think it was 10-15k + expenses. He has a deal with Toyota, gets free SUV's, trucks. He deserves it all. Columbia,Ky

Dakota Meyer hadn’t thought about joining the Marine Corps until he enlisted on a dare, but he’s become one of the most distinguished Marines of the past decade, saving 36 lives in Afghanistan on what he has called “the worst day of my life.”
    For his heroic acts that day, Meyer, 23, on Thursday became the first living Marine in nearly four decades to receive the Medal of Honor, the highest U.S. military award. On Sept. 8, 2009, during the Battle of Ganjgal in eastern Afghanistan, the then-corporal repeatedly braved enemy fire to rescue 13 U.S. Marines and soldiers and 23 Afghan soldiers.
    Continue Reading[h=4]Text Size[/h]
    • -
    • +
    • reset

Listen

[h=3]POLITICO 44[/h]

In bestowing the medal, President Barack Obama praised Meyer’s “extraordinary actions” and courage. Meyer is the third living recipient and first Marine to receive the medal for actions in Iraq and Afghanistan.
    “Because of your humble example, our kids … [will] know that no matter who you are or where you come from, you can do great things as a citizen and as a member of the American family,” Obama told members of Meyer’s unit, family and friends in the East Room of the White House.
    But Meyer, who grew up in small towns in rural Kentucky and dreamed of playing football after high school, is exceptionally modest, military officials say.
    “To me, it doesn’t seem like it was that great, but everyone else is inspired by this one story,” Meyer told POLITICO. “It’s just one of millions of stories out there.”
    On Wednesday, Meyer joined Obama for a beer on the patio outside the Oval Office, a moment captured in a White House photo posted on Flickr. When the president’s staff called Meyer during the weekend in preparation for the ceremony, Meyer asked the aide whether he could have a beer with the president, “which we were able execute yesterday,” Obama said.
    The president described Meyer as “one of the most down-to-earth guys that you will ever meet. … Dakota is the kind of guy who gets the job done.”
    Gen. James Amos, the commandant of the Marines, said in a statement that Meyer, now a sergeant, “embodies all that is good about our nation’s Corps of Marines. He is a living example of the brave young men and women whose service, fidelity and sacrifice make us so proud.”
    As fellow U.S. troops faced heavy fire from dozens of Taliban insurgents, Meyer dodged bullets to rescue those he was fighting, making five trips by gun truck into harm’s way. Even after suffering a shrapnel wound to his arm, he continued to help his fellow fighters, shooting at insurgents and assisting those he encountered on the battlefield. He collected the bodies of three Marines and one Navy medic and rescued three dozen Americans and Afghans.
    “There’s not a day — not a second — that goes by [when] I don’t think about what happened that day,” Meyer told the American Forces Press Service this year. “I didn’t just lose four [colleagues] that day; I lost four brothers.”
    He has since stopped talking to reporters about that day, though he remains willing to discuss his overall experience in the Marines and the Medal of Honor. His past comments about the incident have focused not on his rescue of more than 30 people but on his guilt and pain over his inability to save the lives of the four men whose bodies he collected.
    “I went in there to get those guys out alive, and I failed. So I think it’s more fitting to call me a failure than a hero,” Meyer told The Lexington Herald-Leader this month. He said he expected to die that day.
    “I was just waiting to get killed in there,” he told the paper. “I never thought I was going to make it out alive.”
    Obama spoke of Meyer’s lingering anguish, and tried to provide comfort.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0911/63546.html#ixzz2wMcoJ8RH

13. ice cream

ice cream Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    highest honor you can give

14. ice cream

ice cream Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    doesn't seem right obama putting it on these hero's

15. Kracka-Mike

Reputations:
    Not counting George HW Bush who is the last one that deserved to hand out medals to these heroes? Gerald Ford and those that came before him. Everyone that came after Ford is a poser. Unless we're talking about some partisan bullshit here

16. hillbilly

Reputations:
    He wrote 1 book, working on another, He has met a shit-pile of celebrities and done the celebrity Toyota race. Got lessons to race etc. He wants to run for Congress and clean up some shit. He has Alpaca's which are better than cats. Big Ky farm, and a construction company. He deserves it all, no chimney manor but a huge,nice house.

17. Howchilla

Howchilla VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    That's the job of POTUS. You should have worked harder in the last election if you wanted him gone. You failed! I don't know how you live with yourself.

18. Kracka-Mike

Reputations:
    I knew SFC Smith in passing. Served in the same BDE but different TF. He was 12b like me

[​IMG]

19. hillbilly

Reputations:

Should he have had John Wayne McCain beside him or put the medal around his neck?

20. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    [​IMG]