25th anniversary of WFAN Sports Radio in New York

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by MutteringJohn, Jun 29, 2012.

1. MutteringJohn

MutteringJohn Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Was listening today on Mike Francesa show. They had on Joel Hollander, Howard's old boss from Infinity. They also interviewed that loser, Imus. If Howard was around I would like here his take on WFAN when it started and when they brought Imus in as a direct competitor. Howard's career and WFAN are really intertwined. Chris Russo called into today and they were talking about old times. Chris is on vacation. I switched over to Sirius to see if he was simulcasting with WFAN but they were not. WFAN was and is still is hugely profitable for Infinity. I miss those old Imus/Stern wars on terrestrial radio. That was Howard at his peak. Since Howard has reconciled with every enemy I predict Stern's last stand will be Imus coming into the Sirius studios and being interviewed by Howard. Anyone who say it won't happen hasn't been following Stern these last few years. It's so routine for Howard to scratch another name off his shitlist it doesn't phase anybody anymore.

2. Anyonenow

Anyonenow Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I can honestly say when I lived in NY...NEVER even Listened.
    Now that I don't live in NY can honestly say WGAS about that station.

3. zhukov

zhukov Time traveler Gold

Reputations:
    WGAS is in fact the correct response

4. MutteringJohn

MutteringJohn Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;7KFKU-rIvHw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KFKU-rIvHw[/video]

5. dr retarded

dr retarded New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    The first and still the best...but that's hardly an endorsement. It's a wretched medium full of meatheads.