30 years in prison for coerced false confessions

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by skylarbrie, Sep 3, 2014.

1. skylarbrie

skylarbrie VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
  2. Horse Be Gone

Horse Be Gone VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Damn, you were on a roll for awhile with embedding stuff from the story.

XaltedSmoke and Harambe Burrito like this.
  3. skylarbrie

skylarbrie VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    i make sacrifices to save bandwidth, the dawg is bleeding money to provide a home for the mentally ill ...

Freedom Fries and Horse Be Gone like this.
  4. Bentknee

Bentknee Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  5. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    I wonder if this was the case discussed on Jay Thomas's show. He says the guy he knows was involved in the prosecution and said the new DA was politically motivated to let a black guy off. Then again, Jay is wrong about a whole lot of things.

Gusbuss likes this.
  6. jackspector

jackspector Member

Reputations:
    I haven't taken anything Jay Thomas says serious since Pam Dawber shaved her bush but as the threadstarter elsewhere, let's be clear:

There was ZERO physical, forensic or witness evidence-- NONE-- nada-- ** ever ** against these guys.

The scumbag cops made the whole fucking thing up and the scumbag D.A. who should rot in hell/prison-- because it's his JOB to stop such nonsense from reaching the courtroom to begin with, not to run with it-- ** didn't care **.

Meanwhile, the REAL murderer/rapist remained free to commit more crimes until finally he was caught.

Nice 'law and order' work there, assholes.

Unfortunately, because these were poorly educated black kids-- "hard to believe" black schools might have not have been up to par with white in podunk North Carolina, huh?-- few people give a shit and the resident cop lovers, right or wrong, are conspicuously quiet.

Note: it was a North Carolina STATE AGENCY that spearheaded these guys' release-- that shows you how significant the problem was/is.

Here are some current stories though it's unfortunate the national media is unlikely to ride this story hard--

http://www.newsobserver.com/welcome...2/4115955_robeson-men-innocent-of-childs.html

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/09/03/5148190/released-brothers-spend-first.html#.VAf1R1ZcPwI

http://robesonian.com/news/home_top-news/50249273/Judge-frees-McCollum-Brown

I'm on the side of ANYONE framed for a crime, regardless of race, ethnicity etc.

btw, it appears some of the principals in this are STILL in North Carolina law enforcement; must make their fellow officers, prosecutors etc "proud."

Gusbuss likes this.