32 minute color film of Chicago in the 1940's

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by MutteringJohn, Mar 20, 2014.

1. MutteringJohn

MutteringJohn Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This film was recently discovered at an estate sale. The film was done by the Chicago Board of Education. There is even a film clip of a baseball game played at Wrigley Field. Notice how the traffic flows smoothly as there weren't many people that owned cars in 1945. The auto age boom was about to begin as GI's returning home from WWII were about to embark on building this country what it is today. I can't embed the film because it is on the Vimeo website. On Youtube there is an only a 3 minute clip. I really like the clips from the film that show downtown Chicago and State Street.

http://vimeo.com/88065833

2. datchguy

datchguy New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    [video=vimeo;88065833]http://vimeo.com/88065833[/video]

3. TehLivingDeath

TehLivingDeath New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Chicago sure was clean and White back then. Ahh, those were the days.

4. pontius pilot

pontius pilot #TeahmGandhiStarver VIP

Reputations:
    seriously. the 1940s were the USA's whitest demographically (90th percentile).

you can thank lbj and the kennedy bros. (not jfk) for the repeal of the racial quotas on immigration enacted back in 1924.

and with a simple stroke of the pen began our long descent...

[​IMG]

cunts.

5. John Sterling

John Sterling Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    And it was only 32 years since their last world series championship.

6. DogStar69

DogStar69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Looks green and white.

7. Avery

Avery Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Whoops. :c

8. MutteringJohn

MutteringJohn Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Chicago had a black population in 1940 of about 278,000 and on the Wiki site it said in the 40's that about 3000 blacks arrived each week in Chicago by train from the South to relocate there. I find it amusing that the filmmakers omitted showing any blacks in the film.

9. pontius pilot

pontius pilot #TeahmGandhiStarver VIP

Reputations:
    black youth, chicago 1941.

[​IMG]

black youth, chicago 2014.

[​IMG]

poor fuckers. :facepalm:

10. cia212

cia212 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    White, clean and civil...

11. sheet metal wor

sheet metal wor Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I grew up there in the 50's and 60's and it was a great city. Almost from the time I was discharged from the military, it began its descent. There were so many fukn high paying jobs, in any field, and you could pick a shift. Even the blacks lived in nuclear families and the in-home father had a good job.

Fukn liberals

12. Engaged Chicken

Engaged Chicken VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    That was fascinating to see, thanks for posting it. I loved the shots of driving down Lake Shore Drive, and shopping on State Street... I doubt there were black people being hustled away from the camera.
    :rolleye:
    :D

I'll pass this onto some other Chicago people that will love seeing this..

13. skylarbrie

skylarbrie VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    the coloreds were corrupted by Jews/ Italians with drugs, alcohol, gambling, and prostitution...the newly arrived rural Negroes never had a fighting chance

14. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    It makes you realize what those horrible "racists" were fighting for back then.

We think of those people as some sort of evil because they wanted to preserve a way of life and culture.

How are the neighborhoods that were once white, but went black, looking today?

I wish limo-libs could be honest on this question.

15. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    Dude, you sound like my mom. She grew up in North Minneapolis in the 50's and 60's, had all these wonderful pictures of her school, her neighborhood, etc.

The pictures were wonderful. It was not a "rich" neighborhood or anything like that, but the houses were nice brick homes, well maintained, and tidy front yards, and cars parked in the alley way in the back so the street running at the front of the houses was clear of parked vehicles except for visiting friends and family. The street was well-kept.

Flash forward to a visit to my grandparents (who'd moved from the city), but my mother wanted to visit her old neighborhood. This was sometime in the early 90's. So, we go to the old neighborhood. . . . my mother was crestfallen. The old neighborhood had fallen into disrepair. It had gone black. That front street that was clean and clear in the pictures I saw was littered with garbage and messily parked vehicles. The lawns were dirt. The homes, those nice brick homes built in the 40's after the war? Made of brick?

Somehow they were falling apart.

This is an issue limo-libs cannot seem to understand and it is most likely because they grew up wealthy. They've always had money to outrun the Negroes. It makes sense they wouldn't give a fucking SHIT for the real people in this country that fights the fuckin' wars and made this country great at one time.

16. Roberticus

Roberticus Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Twenty three years, you mean. And now it's been nine since the Sox won in 2005.

17. Howchilla

Howchilla VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    A nice historical video is shown and you racist come out and make it a white/black thing again. Go fuck yourselves. You guys are so obsessed with race. It would probably be best to find a new hobby. How about fingering your own asshole as you Leave it to Beaver?

Regarding the video: Great video. The Chicago lakefront has always been amazing. If it wasn't for the damn traffic and pain in getting downtown, I'd go to the lakefront every weekend.

18. blckknight60

blckknight60 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    these losers obviously got bullied by a black kid in school and resent an entire race because of it. fucking pussies

19. Micheal Kenyon

Micheal Kenyon Here

Reputations:
    Nice find. I love this stuff.

20. hillbilly

hillbilly Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    It is nothing racial, if you look at the facts, the crime etc, there were over 500 blacks murdered in Chicago this past year. It was black on black crime, so you don't hear about it. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson and the liberal media have do nothing, unless a white killed a black---then they can race bait and stir up the country, These cocksuckers should be in prison for causing riots,etc. Chicago is like most of the country, a dumpster if you have blacks committing crimes at such a proportionally higher rate. If Jesse and Al had looked for solutions with whites over the last 40 yrs, things may be different. Blacks are just as racist as whites.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014