*4/12/13 thread*

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by kev, Apr 12, 2013.

1. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Figured I'd stop posting in the other thread.

So it was supposed to be a secret that Sal's in the studio? Geno "Let the cat out of the bag"

Also, the twins made out with that chick when they were in high school? They finally do something hot.

One of these chicks? (from their twitter):

[​IMG]

2. CAPTAIN KIRK

CAPTAIN KIRK New Member

Reputations:
    The twins are insufferable twats. Marie much more than Liz. Not a lotta brain power between those two.

3. John

John Member VIP

Reputations:
    I'll admit I started getting some movement in my pants when she said she had to make out with the other twin because she was getting jealous.

4. cwok

cwok Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    good show / Yeah it wasn't a secret to me at all considering at 9:25 @ArtieQuitter posted a picture with Scott, Sal, Richard, Tracey, and "Kris" (who?) with the text "Fun times w old friends at dinner" Then when he opens the show he says a few times he's got some 'old friends' in the studio. It would have been cool to talk to Sal. what, no interview without an appointment?

5. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    The strands of The Wig run deep and tight. Sigh. It's like the mob or something. Guess Sal's got balls for daring even to be seen with someone in the untouchable caste. Haven't heard Wig in a year but I gather he's still pretending Artie's stuck in mysterious rehab rather than a new career on the same network. I really hated that play dumb routine.

6. NoddinOff

NoddinOff New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Good show last night, I noticed that unfunny he/she sue costello in the studio again begging for money from listeners, she claimed to be only like "600$" away from her "goal" and then could do whatever the fuck she was talking about doing. Hmmmm so all you need is 600$ more dollars to do something you claim to want to do so much yet you can't reach into your own fucking pocket for 600$ measly dollars? This lady has supposedly been on tv shows (never seen her) and in movies (again never seen or heard of her) and shes begging fans when she most likely has more money than most if not all of them. I liked how artie snubbed her though and didnt bring her to the main table, I think hes caught on that she just wants to use his show as a platform to beg for money and to plug her stupid shit and not because shes a good friend or anything.

7. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    Yeah it's a vanity project, she wants money to produce a show about herself. She was okay the last time but extremely extremely self involved. 20 years producing the same autobiographical bit. Spalding Gray did new ones every year. And got paid. (And killed himself.)

8. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    for some reason i checked to see if sue costello's project got funded and it did. Maybe Artie paid off the rest so she wouldn't come back. She sounded like a crackhead on his show begging for money talking about how this time's gonna be different and she's learned from her mistakes and people won't regret giving her money.

Also, twins' hot friend made the two of them look like mensa members.

9. NoddinOff

Reputations:
    Crackhead is the exact thing I was thinking on her previous visit

10. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    Ugh you were right about that horrible band. I'm not necessarily against whiny 80s bands but they just sucked. The 1st song was tolerable up until the incredibly cliche predictable "I'm gay now and she still doesn't want me" ending. It was like piss in the face. Then they went on in the interview to EXPLAIN the switch in detail as if explaining quantum mechanics. Bonus: used "organic" in 1st sentence, and said jazz was "too pretentious" with no self-irony. Bleah. Bring back Popa Chubby. (Got 8 minutes left but didn't hear Gino's gaffe yet; was it while the girls were yammering? Edit: never mind; 4 minutes away he mentions Sal.)

Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
  11. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You know Artie wanted to beat them all with a Fungo bat. Sucks that he has to pretend to like some of these shit guests they truck in there.

Honestly, why else would they have to keep it quiet that Sal was there besides Stern? They have people in there all the time just hanging out; I doubt it had anything to do with the bosses at DTV getting mad or something like that.

12. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    Sigh, it must eat at Artie to keep facing just how much Stern still hates his guts and wishes him ill. There's no other logical reason. They're colleagues on Sirius, don't compete in any way, and Art does NOTHING but continue to blindly praise and revere the Wig. If they weren't both millionaires it would be sad.

13. NoddinOff

Reputations:
    Maybe they didnt have to keep it quiet for themselves it could be possible sal asked artie not to mention it in fear of howard getting pissed about it, I doubt it but its just a theory.

14. fatstuff

fatstuff New Member

Reputations:
    Just heard that Sue Costello bit at the end of the first hour. She does come off like the special kid at the Telethon.
    I followed her on Twitter for a bit there but had to unfollow 'cos she just keeps on about the money. She never mentioned anything else.
    I don't see why she couldn't just go and do a couple of gigs for money.

15. fatstuff

fatstuff New Member

Reputations:
    Jeez, that band (Dialtone?) sucked a donkey's dick.
    They got a lotta nerve talking about songwriting after squeezing out that sonic turd.

16. Mike

Mike 'Merica Gold

Reputations:
    Lol that dialtone band was so bad and bizarre that they made me laugh so I guess I liked it

17. RickAndMartie

RickAndMartie Member

Reputations:
    LOL you guys are so obsessed the whole artie/Howard thing that its frightening. Every little mishaps that happens always leads back to Stern. You guys need to stop reaching for something that's not there. What are you, broads looking for gossip? Howard mentioned artie a couple weeks ago when caller asked and said he was doing his own thing and was doing good and said he was proud of him.

artie has said plenty of times on the show that he doesn't want to turn his show into the stern show. He cut off both high pitch mike and ass napkin Ed when they called in. Only guy that did both shows was Hanzi and he isn't even on anymore.

If it was because Mastah Stern was cracking the whip, Artie would have never tweeted out that pic.

18. Peau de Soie

Reputations:

What little mishap, schmuck? What "something that's not there"? Sal was in the studio, Artie specifically didn't mention it (don't know if he was on camera), and then said it was supposed to be a secret when another guest mentioned it. What's "reaching" about questioning the secrecy? How does Sal Governale NOT "lead back to Stern"? What OTHER reason would Artie have gone without mentioning a minor celebrity who was in the studio? You're being ridiculous.

I don't think it's I who is reaching for excuses here, bub.