4/23/2013 Podcast Listening Thread

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by Peau de Soie, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    [Hey, no one put up a live thread, and I never listen live.]

Part way through and really enjoying the Tuesday show so far. Artie manages to make the Bocchetti mocking (bashing is too strong a word) fresh, and believe it or not I think Artie's grown as a host and an interviewer. It no longer seems like amateur hour when he has the mike solo. (The first couple of times in December without Rick to guide him were sort of painful.) At times I think Artie actually cares about putting on a good show. :)

Of course Ritchie continues to be a valueless-add, but he's pleasant enough. And actually speaking on this episode.

Up to the Roeper interview now; decent interview but something about that guy always turns me off.

This stood out -- Artie in passing and matter-of-factly said that something "would get us to syndication faster". So is that the goal of the show? Syndication to multiple independent stations and other outlets? That doesn't bode well for going censorship-free, although that's not a big deal to me.

2. Mike

Mike 'Merica Gold

Reputations:
    Good idea. I don't listen live either. so nice place to post our comments as we listen

these promos they posted last night are pretty funny [video=youtube;HltPO88OJA0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HltPO88OJA0[/video]

3. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    Hey, nice. That was a pretty damned good commercial. Edgy even. And it didn't even need Artie and a bunch of happy metrosexuals bopping their heads.

4. Undercarriage

Undercarriage Active Member

Reputations:
    just started watching. a week and a half later and they still don't have the bocchetti roast ready for air. way to be on the ball guys.

5. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    I'm wondering if I'd be more tolerant, or less tolerant, of the show's rollercoaster peaks and valleys in quality if I were watching it rather than listening. Maybe watching Artie fall asleep would make interminable sports passages and bad comics more bearable. Certainly seeing that horrible but reportedly cute comedienne would have helped deal with her endless numbing audio effect.

6. Mike

Mike 'Merica Gold

Reputations:
    Smash the john varvatos store and the jerkoffs who shop there :artiejj:

7. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    And the Ramones guy actually came to the store's defense, saying they got some pretty nice clothes out of the deal. :)

Still strange that the actual/other Ramone was given the runaround the day before, and now won't even be appearing until the NEXT day?

8. Mike

Mike 'Merica Gold

Reputations:
    I hate that the show puts a pointless 10 minute clip of richard ropert on the phone but not this great segment of making fun of the canavans and her fucked up face from walking into a car door

9. John

John Member VIP

Reputations:
    Me too, Artie talking with the crew is better than a lot of the interviews they upload. A brief shot of her bruised head was shown in the best of clip for Monday if you want to see it.

10. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    I have to say, this show was like night and day compared to the previous one. I don't know why Artie won't cut off a shitty guest, but at least Andrew W.K. was solid tonight (no more shitty female comedians, please). The John Varvatos comments had me laughing my ass off.

11. Peau de Soie

Reputations:

That's what I meant to say! ("I was just about to say that".) Ah well, I hope it was at least implied in my original post. :)

12. sternski

sternski New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    man...arties been killin it lately....him cutting up the cuntavans tonight has me rollin.

13. sternski

Reputations:
    ...i think the rotating cohosts was offputting for him.....with ritchie there nightly you can tell hes comfortable and relaxed makin the show so much better.
    ...its good shit.

14. sternski

Reputations:
    ...great band tonight....the 2nd track was awesome.

15. sternski

Reputations:
    Holy fuck.....cheech n chong live on the artie lange show tommorow night....fkn awesome!

16. John

John Member VIP

Reputations:
    I'm glad Mike didn't choke to death eating a twix bar.

17. sternski

Reputations:
    ...yeah..i was genuinely concerned for the big lug.

18. NoddinOff

NoddinOff New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Anyone notice the twins have no problem shitting on bocchetti now, during the bit where he said he wanted a "12 day wake" when he dies they were constantly rolling their eyes at him in disgust and just acting shitty, they did it again during the twix bar bit too.

19. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    It is uncanny how Artie's impression of the twins' accent and attitude sounds less and less exaggerated as they start to show who they really are. I got some of that from the audio but it seems I'm missing out on the visual cuntiness.