4/5/2013 - Listening Thread / Roast re-cap / Jim Norton is on?! Should be fun

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by cwok, Apr 5, 2013.

1. cwok

cwok Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Hey Dawgs, just a cheapskate random user here, wanting there to be another listening thread on a Friday..

Artie is recapping his roast appearance today at the Friars club. Someone said to Artie "The healthiest thing you put in your body was a kitchen knife" All in good fun of course in a roast so Artie is making it funny, he brought up the subject by saying something about "so i stabbed myself 9 times.... not a good morning"... I like how he can make fun of it, im sure others will disagree... lurking teaches me these things.

"would you call 2pac 2pack?" artie to bocchetti
    ::buzz::

Jim norton should be awesome.

I wish this wasn't a sports show, im sure If I cared I could understand this Rutgers controversy... Artie defending him is wrong somehow? I don't even want an opinion about this shit... come on Norton!

2. HorseVsPelican

HorseVsPelican Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I will listen only cause Norton is on. Love the little prick bastard.

3. Artiessobriety

Artiessobriety Active Member

Reputations:
    can't wait for that x-pac interview. the drug history he and artie have should make for some interesting radio.

4. HorseVsPelican

HorseVsPelican Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Xpac the wrestler? Why is he coming on?

5. Gogol Boobdello

Gogol Boobdello Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    i just started watching beginning of show off my dvr now.not sure how long b4 i pass out though

6. Gogol Boobdello

Gogol Boobdello Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;Vvu6a4GEWK0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vvu6a4GEWK0&feature=youtu.be[/video]
    lol

7. Artiessobriety

Artiessobriety Active Member

Reputations:
    no idea, I was also kinda surprised he was booked to come on.

8. cwok

cwok Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Gogol, Thanks for the video post! it just posted today I would have NEVER seen it, great to see it so quick / so jealous of your DirectTV

That 1st interview with TODD Rosken was very boring. I was reading IMDB to understand WTF they were talking, while I'm reading, Artie goes went to break and said we'll be right back with AL Rosken!

9. SIPAWITZ

SIPAWITZ Bialy Whore Banned User

Reputations:
    Excellent show!....Artie can get some B - list maybe A list soon

Norton was funny I thought

Brocks new bit....Im digging them

10. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    How does that jerkoff first guest get more time than Norton? Also, anyone else think that Norton has gotten less funny/more serious since he got skinny? I miss Nick; Ritchie is so fucking worthless.

11. mattzane227

mattzane227 Active Member

Reputations:
    Ritchie isn't exactly a comedic genius but I don't hate him. He seems like a cool guy. I like the Artie-Richie chemistry. Better than the f'in stove.

12. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    I have to say, I don't get all of the bitching about the show lately and I'm glad some of the other regulars are on board. This was probably the best show of the week, and Ritchie is great as a co-host. My one complaint is still the music acts, but so long as Guitar Center is footing some of the bill we're stuck with them. All of my complaints post Nick have been addressed, aside from that: More Bochetti, less (almost no) Canavans aside from Artie calling them evil and tearing them apart, more fruity Shane and Fellato involvement and really interesting guests. I didn't think there was any way I would want to hear from X Pac, and that ended up being the best interview of the night. Keep Ritchie permanently and maybe we could try mpa's old idea of buying enough American Les Pauls so that Guitar Center puts the shitty indie rock bands out of their misery, and I have no complaints at all about the show.

13. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    Ritchie is probably great sitting around a campfire in central PA telling wandering, plodding, and pointless stories

14. onefourthree

onefourthree Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Ritchie is probably the best of the guest hosts. I like how he's relaxed and nothing seems to throw him. He just rolls with it. He would be a lot better during football season though. We haven't really seen how good he can be. He's trying to talk about other things, none of which is the thing he's an expert on.

I also like John Salley, though he's a little too Hollywood sometimes. I wish they had a good guest host who can talk basketball. Salley is okay, but there have got to be better people.

Not a fan of the other guy....you know who.....Bent Over. He knows sports pretty well, but other than that I don't really see why he'd be on the show.

15. fatstuff

fatstuff New Member

Reputations:
    I think Ritchie's OK. They just need to remind him to talk a bit faster. I'm a bit worried that he's had a few too many head knocks.
    When he was telling that football story (tuck rule) the other night I just knew he would make a jabbering mess of it.
    I'd prefer them to keep switching up the co-hosts, but Ritchie's fine with me as long as he's keeping the Stove off the air.

I think the music guests have gotten a hell of a lot better than it was a few months ago. More suited to the show's demo I think.

I wish they could've gone longer on the X-Pac interview.

I think our tubby hero fucked up the Norton and Rosken interviews by doing no research again.