4th grade science quiz is disturbing

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by chapped, Apr 25, 2013.

1. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This is so fucked up I can only hope it is a prank..

The OP claims that the quiz was given to his friend’s daughter in a private religious school near Greer, South Carolina. He hesitated to specify the school in order to protect the identity of his friend’s child.

[​IMG]

2. harlock

harlock ancora imparo Gold

Reputations:
    gotta be a prank

3. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    It would be funny if it wasn't so fucking scary that children are being taught this shit

4. UncaDollas

UncaDollas Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Other Theories?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

5. joe361

joe361 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I can believe it, there's colleges in this country that teach the same thing. Most people don't realize how fundamentalist this country is, maybe places like Sicily or Saudi Arabia are more extreme.

[video=youtube;yx3XmlR7XKA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx3XmlR7XKA[/video]

6. Vdrummer35

Vdrummer35 Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    wow, maybe "empty" could help the rest of the thinkers here with this one. :bigthink

7. harlock

Reputations:
    :rofl:

8. knu3421

knu3421 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    land of the lost

9. Vdrummer35

Reputations:
    land of the lost & born again trailer park world.

edit: meep meep!

10. harlock

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

i wonder if the Sleestaks were devil worshiping homos too.

11. Vdrummer35

Reputations:
    :up: matt t/empty would have the answer 11x?

12. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    While it could be real, you never know what various individuals think, I get the impression you're drawing the conclusion that anyone who has a problem with Darwinism or believes in some form of deity-created world agrees with this sort of absurd teaching. The two (creationism/darwinism) are not mutually exclusive. Yet in our binary world it seems like most people want them to be.

I was raised Methodist in "the bible belt" and never heard one thing about mankind and the earth only being a few thousand years old, living with dinosaurs, god creating dinosaurs directly on any particular day, or that Darwinism was a fraud. Our public schools didn't even mention god except in the pledge every morning. If, in the much more socially conservative 60's and 70's, that never came up, it suggest to me that any thoughts along those lines today (dinosaurs and man living together, etc) represent at best a marginal subsect of religion today, or a takeover and substantial change in their doctrine.

I notice that often atheists seem to use some sort of reductio ad absurdum tactics, if I have that term right, to "disprove" various religions by taking the most ridiculous claims by the most ridiculous people and destroying their credibility, as if they (in this case a small private school) represent mainstream thought on the topic.

It occured to me really early that most people can't get straight what was said or happened yesterday, so that any literal interpretation of religious and historical events from thousands of years ago would be pointless. Toss in the fact that these books have been translated and toyed with for hundreds of years more and it would be folly to treat them as anything but loose guidelines, history, and wisdom from the past. It has also occured to me that man's understanding of the world has changed a lot since these things were written, and that both the knowledge needed to properly record them as well as the physical technology required did not exist. So at best they are like looking through a distorted window. And finally, dissemination of this information has been controlled by men, who, being flawed for sure and often even evil, have their own twisted motives for "interpreting" these books in different ways.

Maybe if we stuck to the basics in education we would get more educated young people and less fighting about who created what when. For every bible waving inbred saying men rode on dinosaurs there is a mirror image trying to tell us that the human eyeball was randomly created out of dust and that we're ignorant if we don't buy their theory. To become science a theory has to be proved.

13. Chuck Kongo

Chuck Kongo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That's an Onion style gag, that picture has been going around a bunch of other places.

Buuuuuuuuuttttttt......it's exactly what the American Taliban would like to do....making people ignorant and stupid in the name of Jeebus....

14. kippy

kippy Not Safe For Women VIP

Reputations:
  15. Vdrummer35

Reputations:
    the "Flintsones" were carbon dated & cataloged by reels dates in the late 50's.

16. Chuck Kongo

Chuck Kongo Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah......

It's okay. You can let it go. I know it's probably really hard for you since your brain was washed and waxed growing up, but you can put your big boy pants on and move beyond the fairy tales. Don't be afraid, little trooper....if you end up in some form of Hell or Purgatory, if it exists, after you shuffle off this mortal coil...it will probably be because you're an ASSHOLE....not because you didn't believe in and have faith in your invisible ghost friend in the sky.....

17. Avery

Avery Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Seeing "4th Grade Science Quiz" as a title on the actual quiz makes me think it's bullshit.

18. UncaDollas

UncaDollas Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
  19. NOT Benjy Bronk

NOT Benjy Bronk New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    can anyone here DISPROVE tht dinosaurs didnt live with man??

[​IMG]

20. harlock

Reputations:
    they are living with us now.

[​IMG]