5/1 Thread

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by kev, May 2, 2013.

1. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Who the fuck calls in to talk about Amy Schumer?

Ritchie hasn't said anything the whole show, Artie seemed annoyed.

2. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Oh great she's on next week? Artie will probably let her sit in the whole show.:facepalm:

3. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    She can't be worse than Jamie Lee Not Curtis was.

I don't watch the show -- what does Ritchie DO all that time while he's not talking on his radio job? Stare blankly at Artie? Doodle?

4. aaron9762001

aaron9762001 New Member

Reputations:
    In all of the years of following Howard and Artie, I've never been more confused by a hiring.

He's somehow getting worse.

5. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    I was going to mention that he seems as if he's taking stupid pills lately. When he first came on he sounded nearly intellectual.

Not that I mind that he stays quiet; that's the most we can ask of these sporty host drones. Some of them talked through the punch lines.

Last edited: May 2, 2013
  6. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    Okay, which of youse guys sent the letter to Bocchetti?

"When you look like me and you, Mike, honesty is not your friend."

Mr. Michael Bocchetti just made me laugh out loud with his straight answer.

Caller playing Word Association: "First kiss."

Mike: "Sex afterwards."

"I don't live near the outdoors."

Just occurred to me, I've never heard the Gervais shows, but is Mike Artie's version of Karl Pilkington (sp) ?

7. thegame310

thegame310 Member

Reputations:
    It doesn't come off much on the air but on TV Ritchie does interact, with the crew and stuff. I think I'm the only one, but I'm really starting to like him.

Also, in the first segment the Twins were standing by Mike and I believe it was Marie...had the absolute most cunty look on her face. Liz I believe is a genuine human being...Marie, not so much.

8. John

John Member VIP

Reputations:
    You're not alone he's growing on me too.

One of the things I think they should change though is the awkward seating arrangement that has him turning his head left and right alternating between looking at Artie and the guest. Can you imagine if the Howard Stern show had this seating arrangement? Robin's cackle and interruptions are annoying now, imagine if she was cackling in the face of Howard and the guests.

9. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    Darnell interview was going well and then blam in the middle came Latest Noname Band (which would be a good band name.). But this time I kinda liked it. No idea what they looked like but it sounded somewhere between Stevie Nicks and Amy Winehouse. (I don't like Nicks.)

So you're saying Ritchie silently watches the tennis match and kibitzes with the crew? Nice work if you can get it. On audio he's invisible.

10. thegame310

thegame310 Member

Reputations:
    Ya know, you're right. I never thought of that...they have to get rid of that table. The table was awful in the Nick and Artie days...it's awful now...how hard can it be to find a decent table/desk

11. thegame310

thegame310 Member

Reputations:

Yup...and his head does go back and forth to watch who's talking.

BTW: I crack up every time I see your avatar.

12. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    Sounds like an idea for a little "iso" clip of his head bobbing. Preferably to Yakety Sax.

Thanks, yours makes me smile too. But a little afraid to find out why/who caricatured that.

( The Wolf: Okay, lets not start sucking each other's dick just yet. )

P.S. Did you know I had to pull out mad MS-Paintbrush skills to flip the image so he'd be looking at the post text? :)

P.P.S. Yes of course I know who it is, I just can't imagine why someone would have made a cartoon image.

13. octex

octex Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Ritchie was like a deer in the headlights when Artie wasn't back from that break.

14. octex

octex Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    One of those dim bulb twins actually yelled at Artie during the Jonas bit "why are you defending her?". They really are too stupid to live.

15. Gogol Boobdello

Gogol Boobdello Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Ritchie is ok.but maybe needs time.Artie would always say that it took him a long time to know when to chime in with Howard and when just to lay back and play 2nd/3rd fiddle.......

but Jon does get the "excuse me, can i ask a question now" that u can notice on tv...lifts his pencil and Artie does seem to have to say " ok Jon Ritchie wants to ask u a question ...blah blah blah" . but even Nick it seemed had to be told questions to ask some guests through headphones by Fallato , and i'm sure Jon needs that help as well with guests

16. AmishGirl

AmishGirl Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    :nooo:

17. aaron9762001

aaron9762001 New Member

Reputations:
    See...that's the thing: this is a job that is better than needing to find someone who has to learn the job.

You've either got comedic timing/provocative opinions/the ability to articulate compelling information...or you don't.

Artie may have had to learn when he was good to chime in on Stern, but he had the raw materials before he even walked in that studio.

Ritchie lacks those. It's not personal. He was really good on ESPN. But, he's not the guy for this job.

18. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    Let's be honest here. Artie never really did "learn when to chime in" on Stern. He monopolized and steamrolled through several years of airtime, and the show was VASTLY better for it, to the point that many of us didn't realize that until a year or two after he was gone. (Some time during Artie's stay Howard just turned off a light switch.) I spent a long time wondering when the show / Howard was going to be really funny again (before finally bailing last year).

Anyway, I would prefer a comedian co-host who prods Artie to greatness (?) but I can live with Ritchie if he keeps on being quiet.

19. NoddinOff

NoddinOff New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I think artie got annoyed with him last night when he was being a big baby when the caller mentioned the possibility of those two players or whatever being gay On directv he visibly looked like he was fuming and his neanderthal brow looked even more furrowed and prominent than usual hah, artie was talking and looked over at him and its like he was staring him down. Oh and to me he did look completely lost last night during the interview with darnell or whatever, sittting there with a dumb look on his face the whole time, its like how can you get a radio job if you can't speak off the cuff at all?

20. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    Okay Darnell was a decent guest but the trend continues -- are there NO COMICS besides Artie himself willing to do jokes or schtick on the show? This ain't Inside the Actors' Studio, pal.

Edit: ugh these next two comics are way, way worse, so far.

By the end of their segment I literally fell asleep. Driving.

Oh snap, "When we come back, maybe Jon will get into the conversation."