5/22/2013 Listening Thread - Colin Quinn is the host / Artie is sick?

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by cwok, May 22, 2013.

1. cwok

cwok Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    I totally suck for creating this thread (as I am drunk, in saloon style (as always))

Artie Is Sick! Colin is hosting. I will be updating this thread.

[​IMG]

as a peak drunk asshole. im liking the crazy show so far...

Spin Doctors is coming up?! little miss cant be wrong? 2 Princes? #toodrunk #iblamedawgfornamingitasaloon #thisisnottwitter #idontgiveafuck

Last edited: May 22, 2013
  2. cwok

Reputations:
    I'm gonna take another drink (I shouldn't)

The real reason for this post is i found a bag full of cool images that used to be under a living room table under glass. A few Artie Lange Tickets. The first ticket is at the Webster, this is the famous show where Artie started drinking again. Supposivly artie was given a few drinks from the crowd (I saw it. not sure how many, but im sure if I was in front, and a huge stern fan, i would give him tons of Jacks at the time, those were the days) and he started drinking again. The show was HORRIBLE. standing room only show. Expensive Drinks. I saw a few shows there (standing room only) and it sucked both times. (just for laughs? same basic situation) SERIOUSLY POOR ACOUSTICS!

NExt ticket. I loved the show. My friend actually LOST the tickets to this show on the way to meet me in boston (Walking)... After pregaming at a Bar. then realizing the tickets were lost. he runs back home (following tracks #stoner) HE FINDS the goddamn tickets on the street, he tells us a strangers sees this and he tells him the story that he just lost them... I Still can't belive it. Anyways.. good show, Teddy was yelled at by the audience even thought I had no idea who the fuck it was who was going back and forth on stage. Artie playd a clip from MADTV (A characther that was coked up... cant remember .. drunk.. saloon!!!)
    [​IMG]
    BEEEP...Mike is awesome.

/Edit... WHAT THE FUCK Are they talking about?! / OMG There is gonna be hate on this show I bet... Prevoius threads are showing bad news on Hour #3. IT seems EVERY TIME i want to listen to a Artie Lange show, Stitcher only has hour #1 for the previous day... so I have NO idea whats actually happening with Artie.. Hour #1 is usually good tho.

Last edited: May 22, 2013
  3. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    It's over, Johnny. It's OVER!!

Fun while it lasted. Bon voyageee Artie Lange, and thanks for the good times. :(

4. Mike

Mike 'Merica Gold

Reputations:
    Weird he was fucked up at the end of monday.
    he did tuesday and was just fine.
    he is sick tonight?

5. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    "Sick" is in quotes. "Hey Gar, it's Artie... Cough..."

In a horrible way I'd be happier if he were being treated for stroke; it would be a sign of hope.

6. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    He made it nearly a full 6 months at almost 5 days / week, more than I expected, frankly. Great effort.

7. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    Damn, I was going to listen to the podcast but after seeing this thread I'm checking in. Have they said anything definitive about what's going on right now?

8. cwok

Reputations:
    im pretty sure i heard 'sick' // Little miss cant be wrong IS ROCKIN. i love old bands that play the HIT(s)!//// but i loved Jay Mohrs podcast talking about the Stones playing hits (not cool, real fans want to hear awesome tracks that are relatively unknown)

California Love as an outro?! where have i been!

9. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    Is CQ really hosting? That's fucking awesome.

Artie definitely seemed on edge yesterday, like he got in trouble the day before. Maybe that's why Dan Fellatio was throwing a hissy fit at Bocchetti at beginning of show.

Then again, someone said Artie was out yesterday and he wasn't so I'l have to wait to see if he's there for myself when it comes on Audience.

I thought CQ was doing a nightly show at Barrow St Theater now?

10. KimChee

KimChee New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    As I posted on one of the threads here a few weeks ago I think. I have a friend that works for Direct TV in Los Angles. He told me that they were seriously thinking about pulling the plug on Artie before summer if he did not get it together and was warned many many times. The show has the worst ratings in their original content line up. As a matter of fact, they are canceling most if not of all of original content this summer. Evidently he has been getting high during the show and that's why one minute he seems ok and the next high as shit. He also said that Artie was for sure high as hell on Monday and they did remove the last parts (and the most entertaining) of Mondays show. Artie is probably gone as of today, but he did not know for sure. He did say Direct TV has had it with him and cannot continue baby sitting and worrying about which Artie is going to show up. Especially when the show is loosing money. I cant really blame them. He was given chance after chance and Monday was probably the last straw. I guess we will know very soon.

11. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    Thanks KimChee, interesting info.

The All-New Colin Quinn Show, soon to be replaced by, what... Reruns of "Psych"?

Again, it was fun while it lasted.

12. KimChee

Reputations:
    A Colin Show would be great! But, I think D TV is over this. As much as I complained about the show, I did find it entertaining form time to time. With so many great podcasts out there though....

13. Undercarriage

Undercarriage Active Member

Reputations:
    fucking fuck. I'm not gonna argue any of your other points KimChee but comparing Artie's ratings to the prime time shows doesn't seem right.

I'm still wondering what Artie was doing with the knife before he played the knife game. It sounded like he held it to Mike in some threatening manner.

14. Artiessobriety

Artiessobriety Active Member

Reputations:
    Just tuned in. I was watching the heat-pacers game..goddamn I hate miami. was their anything interesting going on?. I only heard the first couple of minutes. I think they said Artie has the flu? Kimchee I didn't know about all that, thanks for sharing. if that's the case then this show will end soon. if artie didn't clean up his act on stern and madtv what are the chances he'll finally come to his senses now. you guys may disagree but I felt that in a way Nick kept him sober somewhat. he had that same old school mentality that Artie would compare to his dad's.

15. Undercarriage

Reputations:
    you know it's bad when best case scenario is a suspension

thanks for keeping this forum alive the last couple months PDS

can't wait for the people rooting for artie to fail to show up

16. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    I thought he sounded way LESS sober when he had Nick to carry the ball. Once he had to run the show he had to at least show up and speak coherently, until the last 15 minutes Monday night anyhow.

17. KimChee

Reputations:
    I'm just trying to fill in the gaps for everyone. My friend has been pretty much on target with the inside info. I mean really, how many times can one person get the "flu" in a year? I'm surprised they can even say it with a strait face!

18. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    Hey thanks Undercarriage, you flatter me. With Artie gone I don't have much reason to stick around. :(

(Gave up on Wigradio a year ago and am not interested in talking about the humorless windbag.)

Oh well, he might sputter back on for a bit more before the Psych reruns come in (a good show actually).

19. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    Once you're a junkie, you're pretty much going to use heroin for the rest of your life while desperately proclaiming your sobriety to anyone that will listen.

Artie was talking (last week i think) about how the show wouldn't last more than six months, etc. and while being humorous, he seemed to be serious about it. They could at least give the show back to Nick once/if Artie's gone.

20. Undercarriage

Reputations:
    damn colin's a big name to get on such short notice. it's usually a scrub like stover