5/5/2013 Bring Back Ritchie Listening Thread

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by TelegramSam, Jun 5, 2013.

1. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    Tonight! Comedian Rob Delaney. Author William J. Birnes and music from Caveman!

EDIT: I'm under the impression Mannix is back tonight, but I may be wrong.

EDIT AGAIN: Okay, no Mannix, just take the title as my advocating hiring Ritchie permanently for the job then.:facepalm: Whoever said in that other thread Mannix is back is forgiven.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
  2. cwok

cwok Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    This Week is has been pretty awesome. Screw my podcasts with lame guests, I've got the Artie Lange Show!

So the previous night I read a lot of indications that it was sports heavy... I think it was a perfect mix cuz I didn't seem to mind. Maybe just b/c its playoffs and theres not 1000 games being played.

Anyways... Rob Delaney. Per his WIKI he wrote articles for Vice, thats cool I guess. Hes probably been on the show lots of times Im just forgetting [​IMG]

Thread title. What choo talkin bout Willis? If JR left I'd actually care compared to the previous...nevermind.

PreShow Silence! Comeon ALS, ruin my hearing some more with some loud guitar intro!

3. cwok

Reputations:
  4. TelegramSam

Reputations:
    Yeah, I'm with you 100% on that one, I don't mind the sports talk when it's like last night and not just reading off the match ups/lines like with Nick. Also, Ritchie is back, so my thread is screwed up (I should have double checked Mannix was back instead of taking someone's word for it, oh well).

5. cwok

Reputations:
    I need a 30sec Rewind DVR style... IS artie saying the couple commited suicide via an exit bag inhaling helium? then he plays that fake call... oh... yes. its a joke... Wow getting this live is fucked up.

Whippits is not similar, dont dawg those mike if you dont know what your talking about.... oh those were the days.

EDIT: reading my own fucking link (RTFA!) they definately used helium... well thats news to me. I'm gonna stop thinking about [methods of] suicide right now... but damn that is an insane way to go i'd think.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
  6. TelegramSam

Reputations:
    Jesus Christ, why does Artie think we want to hear about Bochetti using a shower sprayer on his ass...

7. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If you're going to go, helium seems like it's the way to do it. I guess carbon dioxide is what makes you get that suffocation feeling, breathing helium isn't as painful apparently.

8. cwok

Reputations:
    Alright, I dont have time for commercials. Im out, its time for listening to loud music. These listening threads are awesome b/c i feel they rival the HSS forum listening threads. At least we have a listenable show! (fighting words. . sorry HSS forum)

I bet it'll get funnier and I'll just have to wake up to that shit. Cya!

EDIT: helium eh?! hahaha, i was gonna stop thinking about that! oh well. I'd like to say that NO2 would be "MY" choice.. but you would totally change your mind after doing a huge hit... .so again.. gotta change my thinking with loud music..

9. TelegramSam

Reputations:
    Take it easy man, I've been on here way too much lately now that I'm "telecommuting" to work, so I'll stick it out a bit longer anyway. :jj:

10. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Haha midgets aren't adults.

11. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    artie was getting so embarrassed by ritchie during the live look-ins. every time ritchie started to speak to rob delaney, artie would try to speak over him so ritchie wouldn't embarrass himself and embarrass artie by association.

12. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    anyone listen to/watch the ufo guy that was on for basically the latter 2/3 of the show?

13. Gogol Boobdello

Gogol Boobdello Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm listening now, pretty fascinating . Not sure how much is believable or verified

The dvr seemed to have annoying technical issues when I tried to watch this morning

14. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    This Dr. Feelgood / JFK interview has been good, and kind of fascinating, assuming his story is accurate. But I am NOT looking forward to a UFO wacko coming in. (Incidentally I'm at the end of the 2nd hour and no sign of UFO wackjob yet.)

15. octex

octex Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Artie seems to be getting more annoyed by Jon every night.

16. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    Maybe Artie's less loose and more of a control freak than I thought. Ritchie's been getting so much better about joining in and talking more, but perhaps all Art's time under the Wig has heightened his napoleonic tendencies. Don't know.

17. Mike

Mike 'Merica Gold

Reputations:
    It's kinda funny :dontknow:

18. Brew

Brew Member

Reputations:
    Really? I think it's the direct opposite. I think Artie is getting more and more comfortable with Jon with every show. His "annoyance" after Jon says something stupid is pretty clearly a bit for the show. He's not really upset with him. They were both cracking up during the DirecTV break before the band performed and Artie busted Jon's balls for asking them a question.

19. Mike

Mike 'Merica Gold

Reputations:
    Jon said this guest looks like the hound :jj:

20. TelegramSam

Reputations:
    How out of touch is Artie that he doesn't know vinyl has been making a comeback for ten years now? I love the guy, but you'd think dating a woman in her 20's he'd know this stuff (then again, Adrienne didn't strike me as the type who would be into that).