News 5 Dead Including 3 Kids In Pennsylvania Murder-Suicide

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by BethSucks, Aug 7, 2016.

1. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    Girl Who Had Heart Transplant Among 5 Dead in Murder-Suicide
    A couple featured in news stories about their difficulties getting medication for a daughter who had a heart transplant were found shot to death in their home along with their three children in apparent murder-suicide, authorities said.

District Attorney John Adams said a handwritten note that "appeared to be a 'murder-suicide' note" was found in the family's Sinking Spring home Saturday afternoon. Police said they found all five dead of gunshot wounds and a handgun near one of the adults, but they didn't say which one or say who they believe was the shooter.

"This is an apparent tragic domestic incident," Adams said Sunday. "Our thoughts and prayers go out to the families at this difficult time."

Police went to the home to check on the welfare of the family after receiving a call from a relative concerned that the woman had not shown up for a lunch date. Mark Short Sr., 40; Megan Short, 33; and their children — 8-year-old Lianna, 5-year-old Mark Jr., and 2-year-old Willow — were found dead in the living room, Adams said. A dog also was found dead.

The district attorney's office said the married couple had been having "domestic issues." In an April 13 post on Philly at Heart , Megan Short wrote of her emotional struggles over her child's condition.

When only days old, Willow had a heart transplant for a congenital defect. Her family was featured in articles in The Reading Eagle in 2014 and in The New York Times last year about her condition and the Shorts' difficulties obtaining anti-rejection medication for her.

In the post on the website devoted to families dealing with congenital heart issues, Megan Short said anxiety over her daughter's condition had left her with post-traumatic stress disorder. She said she suffered from "anxiety and nightmares" triggered by smells, hallways or even the beeping sound of a phone. She also said she experienced "survivor's guilt" when children with similar problems from other families passed away.

"I don't think PTSD ever truly goes away but, with therapy, medication, and the right support, I have begun to loosen its grip on me," she said. "As I work on my own mental healing, I wanted to share my experience so that other heart parents know they are not alone."

2. BethSucks

Reputations:
  3. Pill Queen

Pill Queen Elegantly wasted Gold

Reputations:
    The dog- why the poor dog? :tears2:

4. ilovebacon

ilovebacon Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I have no problem with someone checking out, but you don't need to take others with you :fil:

5. TheMercenary

TheMercenary Collecting Light Gold

Reputations:
    White Muslims ?

6. RaeRae

RaeRae VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Why do people like this have to wipe out the whole family? Are they so arrogant to think that their children can't have a happy life without them? Waste.

7. BrulesRules

BrulesRules Just grab 'em in the biscuits VIP

Reputations:
    Thanks Obama

8. Estocada

Estocada Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    No offense, but you are assuming a killer to have some sort of rational thought process.

9. EndOfLine

EndOfLine PLATINUM SPONSOR VIP

Reputations:
    Ugh... I can't imagine dealing with such a devastating illness with your child... but c'mon - this is some seriously fucked up shit.

... and killing the dog, too?

:oops:

Mental illness is some serious shit.

10. TheMercenary

TheMercenary Collecting Light Gold

Reputations:
    Oh shit. She did it I bet.

"I have ptsd. Smells give me guilt". :crazy:

11. GoshGeeGolly

GoshGeeGolly VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    good night nice looking family RIP

monsoon, babybear, stanggirl and 2 others like this.
  12. Mlaw

Mlaw Quite Contrarian Gold

Reputations:
    just fucking awful

13. Cheri

Cheri Skunk VIP

Reputations:
    So they also killed another baby that will die from the wasted transplant.

14. ICU

ICU Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    the dog would end up eating the bodies

AmishGirl likes this.
  15. Cheri

Cheri Skunk VIP

Reputations:
    God this bothers me, we have a neighbor who just lost their 18 month old waiting on the transplant list.

16. BethSucks

Reputations:
    Mark and Megan Short and their three young children, Liana, Mark, and Willow all died in what authorities are calling a murder suicide inside the family's home in Sinking Spring, Pennsylvania. Authorities said the bodies were found around 3 p.m. on a Saturday inside the family's home in a small-town subdivision. The evening of the murders, they were not yet sharing what the motive was and who the killer was but they said all victims were from the same family and the District Attorney identified them as the Shorts. Willow Short, just 2, had a heart transplant at when she was an infant. In many blog posts, her mother chronicled the emotional pain and PTSD she suffered having a child with a heart transplant. Megan Short wrote that the family found out about Willow's heart defects during a routine ultrasound right before Christmas. "That was an especially difficult holiday season for me as I could not help but think that I may never get to celebrate my baby's first Christmas. Spending this past Christmas at home with my husband and all three kids was one of the best days of my life. It was also very emotional because I just kept thinking that the donor family was experiencing the one thing I had been so afraid of: they were spending the holidays without their baby.” The family lived in a home worth more than $400,000 in a town of just over 4,000 people in Pennsylvania. Mark Short's Facebook page is filled with photos of his family, including his wife, whom he called the most beautiful girl he'd ever seen. He often posted photos of his children on Facebook, as did his wife. Neighbors told The Reading Eagle newspaper that they would have never suspected anything was wrong. The family died of gunshot wounds. The DA has said a murder suicide note was found next to one of the parents, along with a gun. A friend of Short's, Caylyn Otto, says that Megan and Mark were having marital problems because Megan had feelings for another woman, which upset Mark.

17. Birddog

Birddog Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    So we don't know which one of the parents did it? I'm gonna say the wife.

18. RaeRae

RaeRae VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I would hope that a person's maternal or paternal instincts would be stronger than depression or whatever illness is at play. Sadly that wasn't the case.

monsoon, IfTheyOnlyKnew and stanggirl like this.
  19. Bianca's Dead Carcass

Bianca's Dead Carcass Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    They'll all live happily ever after in the afterlife.....

20. Tickle Shits

Tickle Shits Special Needs Typist. Gold

Reputations:
    :( Leave the kids out of it you selfish pricks.