6/6/2013 Listening Thread

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by TelegramSam, Jun 6, 2013.

1. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    Tonight! Comedian Al Madrigal and from CBS Sports Network, basketball analyst Alaa Abdelnaby!

This one has the right date, since Peau de Soie was good enough to point out that my PC calendar was off by a month and I fucked up the last two.:facepalm: If any mods see this and want to fix them to 6/5 and 6/4, gracias in advance.

Al's a funny guy, I'm looking forward to this one.

2. Artiessobriety

Artiessobriety Active Member

Reputations:
    debating whether to listen to Artie or the nba finals commentary....decisions

should be a good one. any show with less than 3 guests is a good one. has Al been on before?

3. TelegramSam

Reputations:
    Not the I can recall but those first N&A shows were so long ago it's hard to remember, I'm going to watch the finals with the sound off and listen to Artie, I think.

4. Artiessobriety

Reputations:
    yeah, I'll probably do the same. might switch to the games audio every now and then. besides the show is always uploaded on the site. jeff van gundy and mike breen are such a good duo, it'll be hard to not listen to them.

5. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I REALLY wanna talk to Alaa Abdelnaby about the late 80s and early 90s Portland Trailblazers (a real fav team of mine as a kid) but he's NEVER in studio, he's ALWAYS A phoner. If he's in studio I'm taking a shot at him and how many titles does he think those teams would've won if they got Aryvdas Sabonis from Russia when they were supposed to 23 years old and not 31.

6. Artiessobriety

Reputations:
    on top of what you said, if they actually gave Petrovic the minutes he deserved.

7. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    YESSIR we have REAL NBA fan on here!!!! Cool deal, I feel like I can't speak this speak with anyone besides Rodney sometimes.

Petro was in a tough timing and spot because he was behind the second best 2 guard in the NBA in Drexler, and Jerome Kersey (Cliff Robinson also complicated it) was so bad ass at the 3 with his talents that moving Clyde to the 3 and playing Drazen at the 2 was limited. Plus Petro was underdeveloped then and until he got to NJ didnt really flourish.

I swear, if they had Sabonis at 23 they're looking at AT LEAST 2 or 3 titles how stacked they were everywhere else when Terry Porter stepped up and they acquired Buck WIlliams.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
  8. Artiessobriety

Reputations:
    Yeah unfortunately he was. I feel like if they had one less guard (danny ainge) drazen really could have developed and took them to the next level, of course barring the tragic accident.

But yeah if sabonis was on that team they really would have no weaknesses. They could go big or small, everyone could shoot. Like you said they had DREXLER and who better to back up sabonis than kevin duckworth. just imagine a porter/sabonis high pick and pop. that team would be a coaches wet dream.

9. TelegramSam

Reputations:
    I'd have more comments, but I'm caught up in this game right now. I have to say, I really like the dynamic of Artie, Ritchie, Bochetti and Brock all in studio. It feels a lot more like a casual morning drive show than a cookie cutter sports show. "Our announcer thinks LeBron James is on the Spurs", best commentary for the game you can get. Also, praying Tim Duncan pulls this off.

10. Artiessobriety

Reputations:
    :facepalm: I should have put Artie on earlier, sounds hilarious. it's been a good game so far. Heat are shooting well but I honestly feel like the Spurs have been executing better just haven't hit their shots. (rust). and their transition defense is bad.

11. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Everything you say is spot on! The versatility these guys had teams baffled, AND they were also among the top 3 rebounding teams of that era on both ends and year after year (sometimes #1).

Drexler could play the 2,3, AND 1. Porter played the 1 and 2 when Strickland got there. Cliff Robinson played the 3,4, and 5. And Jerome Kersey could play 3 or 4 and not lose a thing because of his hustle points and strength.

You add a 23/24 yr old Aryvdas Sabonis to that mix and you're looking a flawless team with depth that presents match up problems for everyone.

12. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    Thanks guys, for making me feel like Bocchetti. I'll be over here picking my underwear while you masculine fellas talk sports.

13. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Artie's play by play was fucking hilarious. THIS is why I think people often underestimate his comedic range when he can improv shit like that on a whim. Let's see Adam Sandler do that shit??

I think it would be great to heart Artie sit in on a Nets game next season. Maybe in the dead part of the year against like the Raptors for like a quarter and do a Dennis Miller on MNF type thing?/

Speaking of Dennis Miller, I remember Nick Dipaolo did some hilarious play by play on Colin Quinn's tough crowd when Colin played Patrice O'Neal in a one on one starting at 38:50..

[video=youtube;PK7PUcD2AGw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK7PUcD2AGw[/video]

14. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    HA, are you not that big a sports fan PDS? I always wondered how less enjoyable a show like (Nick &)Artie show if the sports actually loses you?

15. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Oh BTW, you're tell all book posts were great! And alot of that Stut John stuff I had no idea about, I bet he's ready to burst soon, just looking for an opening.

I don't know what he has to lose at this point??

16. jgard

jgard Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    By god does Ritchie have a way w/ a story, he's also getting a bit more brazen w/ Mikey B - did I sense some frustration on Mike's part at him during his poignant intros?

17. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    Interesting video. Some thoughts:

1. Hilarious play by play? Where? He did it straight and made one lame prepared crack about tomato vs. Asparagus at the very end. Classic Rick.

2. Holy shit Ralphie May was a couch! He made Bocchetti look like an underwear model.

3. Mark Maron looks much better with a beard.

4. Holy shit Sarah Silverman was hot. And she was genuinely funny.

18. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    Yeah, not at all. I've bitched about the sports content a bunch of times here. It was nearly unbearable in the Rick era. One of the huge improvements of TALS was a lessened dependence on sports(no more endless picks! Fewer sports bloggers and bookies!) and a much lower sports quotient in general. The less sports on the show the happier I am. I could barely stand many of the Spin & Marty shows.

I grit my teeth and bear the sports segments the way many of you endure the music segments. Once in a very long time there's a little humor in them, either from Artie or Brian Jones.

19. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Jesus Christ we get it, Mike's stupid. I'd rather have the twins out there for him to make fun of at this point.

20. Artiessobriety

Reputations:
    remember the Antonio Cromartie kid of the week? god I loved that.