News 6 Republican 2016 hopefuls seek approval at Texas megachurch

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by dawg, Oct 18, 2015.

1. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
    635807809654009109-1018-pres-forum301.jpg

Update: 5:14 p.m.

Mike Huckabee, a minister, is speaking about the “assault” on religious freedoms.

He is defending Kim Davis, the clerk in Kentucky who was jailed for refusing to issue marriage certificates to gay couples.

“If you put a public official in jail for believing the Biblical view of marriage, you have criminalized Christianity,” he said.

Update: 5:12 p.m.

Rick Santorum says it’s important to elect a candidate who can get things done in Washington.

“A lot of people fight the fight, but the most important things is winning the fight,” he said.

Update: 3:53 p.m.

Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, just completed remarks at Prestonwood Baptist Church.

“Religious liberty is under threat today like it never has been in this nation,” Cruz said. “As these threats grow darker and darker, they are waking up people in Texas and all across the country.”

Cruz said he likened next year’s presidential election to the contest in 1980.

“It took Jimmy Carter to give us Ronald Reagan,” he said. “I can’t wait to see where we’re headed next.”

Update: 3:32 p.m.

Carly Fiorina is answering questions from Prestonwood Pastor Jack Graham.

“People of faith make better leaders,” she said. “We know that every one of us can fall. We know that each one can be redeemed.”

Fiorina, the only woman in the huge field of Republican presidential contenders, said she didn’t want Americans to vote for her based on gender.

“I will never ask for your vote and support because I am a woman, although I’m proud to be one,” she said. “As a woman, I’m insulted when people say all I care about is a certain issue.”

Update: 3:30
    Minutes before the GOP forum began at the cavernous Prestonwood church, a happy crowd chatted about their favorite candidates.

Roy Veal with the Allen Tea Party Patriots said he supported Sen. Ted Cruz and voted him for U.S. senator. His faith remains strong in the candidate because “he’s the one standing up to the establishment. Anything he’s at I’m going to be at,” said Veal, an Army vet whose attire boasted of his service and carried a flag patch that read: “Try Burning This One.”

Nearby, Alexandra Fincher said she supported surgeon Ben Carson.”I am backing Carson all the way. Trump and Carson all the way. That’s for business and brains.”

She supports Carson and Trump, even though Trump has attacked her birth nation of Mexico. She’s a naturalized U.S. citizen and says the U.S. immigration system should be changed. “Get rid of those who have committed crimes,” but others should be given work visas, Fincher said.

Business leader Carly Fiorina is someone Fincher likes, too. “But she is a little weak in our party.”

Pat Edmiston, a retiree from Farmers Branch, said she supported Trump and wished he had accepted the invitation to come to the Plano event. Edmiston said she likes Trump’s brash style. “He is not flip-flopping on things,” Edmiston said.

She also likes Trump because of his position on immigration. “I am for legal immigration but the system is so broken. It’s not only Hispanics. I am afraid of ISIS.”

http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews....evangelical-presidential-forum-in-plano.html/

Shadoe Stevens likes this.
  2. potroast

potroast Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Remember when the democrats tried to ban Christmas?

That was awesome.

[​IMG]

Ving, Droog, Gusbuss and 1 other person like this.
  3. sstressed

sstressed enhancement toker VIP

Reputations:
    i was "dating" a married woman whose father was the leader of some mega church in phoenix. she'd tell me stories about what a fucked up family it was. her brothers sucked the dad's ass and pretended to be into the religion and she wouldn't play along so he mostly disowned her. the father was a freak who would beat his kids all the time. the husband was a dick who would beat her.

the church fell apart due to some scandal and the husband killed her and himself a few years later.

4. Shadoe Stevens

Shadoe Stevens Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It's remarkable that stupid poor white people have been convinced that their problems are due to minorities and immigrants and not by the rich people that they vote for.

5. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    do you normally read news sources that lie ?

6. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    :spit:

7. dawg

Reputations:
    Yes but look at the rewards

joel-osteen-house.jpg
    6d60839707c5c32b4648f10f05ee47ba.jpg
    _MG_4936 copy_2048.jpg

8. Wesmantooth

Wesmantooth VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    'hopefuls' is a real stretch :jj: but yes this is the lunatic fringe that runs the GOP

h78, PSU Shower Room, Droog and 2 others like this.
  9. sstressed

sstressed enhancement toker VIP

Reputations:
    yeah they had money. that's why the sons pretended to be so religious. he cut his daughter off without a cent. even when she told the family about her horrible husband, they didn't lift a finger. i got her out of it for awhile. then she went back.

Gusbuss likes this.
  10. dawg

Reputations:
    Small rural church families that spend their days visiting the sick and feeding the poor is a much better place to be than a megachurch that spends their days spreading fear.

11. dawg

Reputations:
    Fear is a lucrative business :grad:

12. RenchFries

RenchFries Official Dawgshed Dutch representative Gold

Reputations:
    Religion frightens me.

SorryBoff and Gusbuss like this.
  13. dawg

Reputations:
    Thats what they bank on.

Religion does not equal faith and spirituality. Dont get those confused.

ZosoHitler likes this.
  14. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    I think people like Hillary Clinton and some others a big problem. They are funded by the ultra rich and the rich who have businesses overseas and these politicians are just there to be puppets for them and cater to them and their and overseas money. Their campaign speeches about powering up the middle class and poor and small business is all BS to sucker people for votes. But, just my opinion.

icypussy and PSU Shower Room like this.
  15. RenchFries

RenchFries Official Dawgshed Dutch representative Gold

Reputations:
    Yeah... doesn't that goes against the whole idea of separation of church & state? I always find it strange when politicians are all about Jesus. It makes them hard to take seriously for me.

Spirituality I get, that's the Eckart Tolle stuff... some of it is actually kinda cool.

But what's the difference between faith & religion?

dawg and Gusbuss like this.
  16. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    2008 the Democratic candidates had to kiss Markos Moulitsas ass and show up at a Daily Kos event

17. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    Yeah, if they only would get jobs from poor minorities they'd be all set.

18. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    Somewhere these people failed to understand this isn't a theocracy and Christianity isn't the national religion.

OV, IowaHawks, Gusbuss and 2 others like this.
  19. SlinkyNeckStern

SlinkyNeckStern High Pitch Mike Lookalike

Reputations:
    "Fucking religious people, Robin. They believe... I mean, how stupid do you have to be to believe in stuff like this?"

"They said what about Jews? Ffffffucking fucks. Cocksuckers fucks!"

Hoof likes this.
  20. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    You realize they both play on fear, right?