News 6 Year Old Accidentally Shoots/Kills 3 Year Old Brother In Chicago

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by BethSucks, Oct 18, 2015.

1. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    A 3-year-old, a 6-year-old, cops and robbers and a gun ... then tragedy
    [​IMG]
    The 3-year-old boy who was one of two people killed in city shootings since Saturday night was accidentally shot by his 6-year-old brother while the two were playing cops and robbers, according to police.

The boy, whom authorities identified as Eian Santiago, was at a residence at about 9:05 p.m. in the 1000 block of North Francisco Avenue in the Humboldt Park neighborhood on the West Side when his 6-year-old brother got hold of a revolver and shot him in the head.

According to Chicago police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi, the two had been playing "cops and robbers" when the 6-year-old saw the handgun atop a refrigerator, took it and fired it in the direction of his brother. Guglielmi could not further describe the weapon other than saying it was a handgun.

The boys' father, 25-year-old Michael Santiago, was charged with felony child endangerment in connection with the shooting. He kept a loaded gun on top of a refrigerator, according to police. He is expected to appear in bond court Sunday.

Guglielmi said that Michael Santiago told police he was a former member of the Spanish Cobras gang and that he had purchased the gun from another gang member for protection. Guglielmi said police are in the process of tracing the weapon.

After the shooting, the boy's family members took him to Norwegian American Hospital. He later was transferred to Mount Sinai Hospital, where family members gathered as word of the shooting spread.

As word of the shooting spread, people walked up to the ambulance bay at Mount Sinai in groups of two or three. By 11:20 p.m., about two dozen people were waiting in the cold, including a young woman who had been wailing almost nonstop for half an hour.

He was discovered on the sidewalk in the 7900 block of South Lafayette Avenue with a gunshot wound to the head. He was taken to Stroger Hospital in serious condition.

At 9:15 p.m., a 36-year-old man was shot in Cragin, Alfaro said.

He was in the 5500 block of West Altgeld Street when he was shot in the calf. He was taken to Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center in good condition. No information was available about the man's exact age or the circumstances of the shooting.

At about 9 p.m., a 22-year-old man was shot in the Washington Park neighborhood, police said.

He was in a vehicle that was stopped at an intersection in the 5300 block of South Michigan Avenue when a car pulled up alongside and someone inside began shooting, Alfaro said. He was hit in the leg and taken to Stroger Hospital. His condition was stabilized.

About 8:45 p.m., a 26-year-old man was shot in the Fifth City neighborhood on the West Side, Alfaro said.

He was in the 0-100 block of South Homan Avenue when he was robbed and shot in the leg, Alfaro said. He went to Mount Sinai Hospital, and his condition was stabilized.

Police initially said the person was a juvenile who had been shot in the 3300 block of West Monroe Street.

At 8:40 p.m., a 35-year-old man was shot in Woodlawn, Alfaro said.

He was in a parked car in the 6100 block of South Ellis Avenue when another car pulled up alongside and someone inside fired shots. The man was shot in the head and taken to Stroger Hospital, where his condition was stabilized. A law enforcement source said the man was conscious and talking.

Police initially said the shooting happened in the 6400 block of South Ellis Avenue.

About 2:30, a 40-year-old man was shot in the Scottsdale neighborhood, police said.

He was in the 8500 block of South Pulaski Road when he was shot in the hip. He drove himself to Advocate Christ Medical Center and his condition was stabilized.

The Chicago Tribune's Deanese Williams-Harris contributed.

IfTheyOnlyKnew likes this.
  2. BethSucks

Reputations:
  3. IfTheyOnlyKnew

IfTheyOnlyKnew VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Just another Saturday night in Chicago.... :oops:

Except that I HATE that's what people think the whole city is like. :pissed:

It's not. :fil:

Chicago is one of the greatest cities in the world (THE greatest, in my opinion) and I hate that it gets such a bad rap because of some people. We have such rich culture, world-class museums and architecture, unbeatable dining, the lake front...ugh, I could go on and on.

Look at this gorgeous view. (I snapped this yesterday from the expressway, while driving to pick up our son at the Field Museum. :) )
    IMG_0278.JPG

4. BethSucks

Reputations:
    I'm there three or four times a year for work, my 5 year old daughter loves it there.

5. PSU Shower Room

PSU Shower Room Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It would seem the Spanish Cobras do not provide gun safety classes for their members.

Perhaps Rahm can allocate some tax payer money for a program.

reno and IfTheyOnlyKnew like this.
  6. Slow

Slow All The Pieces Matter DawgShed News

Reputations:
    Finally a white shooter to add to the chicago murder stats. Maybe now all of the murders in chicago can get some press coverage or acknowledgement from the president

Edit: nevermind. Didn't read hispanic name. Shooter is not white. Move along. Nothing to see here. Business as usual

Getoninja likes this.
  7. Dirty South

Dirty South Large Member

Reputations:
    Would you like the Ruger or the Beretta for dessert?

[​IMG]

8. newcastlefan

newcastlefan גֵּרְשֹׁם VIP

Reputations:
    i only have one friend in chicago now. wish i could get there to visit again too. she lives in that fun part of town.

9. newcastlefan

Reputations:
    "Santiago" is white?

10. PSU Shower Room

PSU Shower Room Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Plus you have that freaky undercity too.

11. IfTheyOnlyKnew

Reputations:
    :no: Not fun or funny.

12. IfTheyOnlyKnew

Reputations:
    Oh, honey, there are LOTS of fun parts of town. You really should come visit. :D

13. Slow

Slow All The Pieces Matter DawgShed News

Reputations:
    According to the national crime statistics it will count as a "white" shooter. We can't have statistics and graphs offending people

reno and PSU Shower Room like this.
  14. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    I'm waiting for the superintendent and rahm to announce daddy had a concealed carry permit.

:lmao:

15. Dirty South

Dirty South Large Member

Reputations:
    Neither are the violent crime statistics of your shithole city.

16. IfTheyOnlyKnew

Reputations:
    Well, aren't you just a little charmer :rolleyes:

newcastlefan and Scarlett Ohara like this.
  17. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    I could say whats wrong with our city, but I would be called racist.

Actually this tragedy could happen anywhere. This isnt a homicide, its a death investigation.

IfTheyOnlyKnew and Dirty South like this.
  18. Dirty South

Dirty South Large Member

Reputations:
    Chicago was amazing before the invasion of reggies and :quote: undocumented workers :quote: .

Electing shitheads like Rahm over and over put the degradation into shithole on fast forward.

Sad.

Divorce Chicken likes this.
  19. Mr Sinister

Mr Sinister Gold

Reputations:

:lol:

Dirty South likes this.
  20. newcastlefan

Reputations:
    i generally stay in midtown, and on the millionaires row hotels cause the company puts me there. unfortunately when i am there on work, i am not allowed to enjoy myself: its actually one of the company rules. we are not allowed to expense anything that might be fun. one year i told management i was attending an industry conf at the Waldorf Hotel. They told me i could not go because they could not be sure i would actually be working since it is so easy to play in midtown, so they would not cover the expenses. I reminded them that i live in Manhattan and i wasn't planning on asking to be reimbursed for the subway fare. They did not reply further so i attended the conf.