News $63 million California Lotto ticket expires at midnight

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by MutteringJohn, Feb 3, 2016.

1. MutteringJohn

MutteringJohn Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You always wonder, what happened to the ticket. Did the person die before the winning numbers were picked, was it lost, did the person even forget they had purchased lotto tickets. I'm sure the store where it was bought has signs telling anyone who bought a ticket there around the date it was selected to check. Most likely the person who bought it lost the ticket and is still working the same shitty job they had before they won.

Like a magical horse-drawn carriage that transforms into a pumpkin at midnight, someone's winning $63-million lottery ticket is about to turn into a worthless scrap of paper, according to California Lottery officials.

A winning SuperLotto Plus ticket purchased at a Chatsworth convenience store in August has yet to be redeemed at a California Lottery office, even though a deadline is fast approaching.

If the lucky winner fails to show up at a lottery office by 5 p.m. Thursday, they will forfeit the jackpot, officials say.

See the most-read stories this hour >>

“At this point, the odds are slim of anybody coming forward,” lottery spokesman Alex Traverso said.

Nobody has even shown up with a fake ticket trying to claim the cash, officials said.

The California Lottery put out a public call in November, warning the ticket holder that they had 180 days to claim the $63-million jackpot. Now, the clock is really winding down.

Officials say the golden ticket was sold on Aug. 8 at a 7-Eleven store, at 20871 Lassen St. The winning numbers are 46-1-33-30-16 with a Mega number of 24.

If a winner does not come forward, the multimillion-dollar cash prize would be the largest unclaimed SuperLotto Plus ticket in California. The current largest unclaimed prize is $28.5 million for a ticket sold in San Lorenzo, Ca., in 2003.

However, if the winner is someone who just likes to cut things a little too close, and walks into a lottery office by the close of business Thursday, they will have the option of receiving a lump-sum, one-time payment of $39.9 million, or $63 million in payments over 30 years.

The retail store owner who sold the ticket will still receive $315,000, even if no one shows up to claim the $63 million.

Lottery officials say they also have yet to hear from the person who walked into a Chino Hills 7-Eleven last month and purchased a winning ticket in a massive $1.6-billion Powerball drawing.

In that case, however, the winner still has a year to claim their $528-million share of the jackpot before the ticket turns to trash.

2. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Now where did I put the God Damn ticket? Maybe it's in my other jacket.

3. DonDougie

DonDougie Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Maybe he just has to take care of some things before he can cash it in

4. Divorce Chicken

Divorce Chicken white punk on dope VIP

Reputations:
    Maybe the person died?

5. Tipsey Russell

Tipsey Russell VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    maybe the owner of that ticket was/is embroiled in a nasty fucking divorce
    and would rather lose it all than share it with the ex
    and they will let the ex know tomorrow that they owned that ticket and then burn it in front of him or her

that would be wildly fucked up
    but I bet it's happened

Rupert Pupkin, Wiggy and bossofbam like this.
  6. MutteringJohn

MutteringJohn Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yeah, because most people would throw away $20 million to spite their ex-wife. $39.6 million to split up.

7. Tipsey Russell

Tipsey Russell VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    most?
    never

but some people--they ain't exactly squared away upstairs

8. SlowAdam

SlowAdam misunderstood/forgotten wackpacker

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

edit: this reminds me, i need to check my mega millions tickets from last night and get my powerball ticket for tonight.

edit 2: "one of these days" "someone's got to win" "can't win if you don't play"

9. bdbx18

bdbx18 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That could very well happen to me. If I happen to buy a ticket, I would happen to not check it. Yeah stupid.