'86 Stern predicts his own future

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by MobyDick, May 10, 2012.

1. MobyDick

MobyDick Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    “Hey if I had Bruce Springsteen’s money, first of all, I’d never have to look at you people. That would be so beautiful to me. What I would do is, I would build a mansion, I’d seal it in glass, and I’d never had to look at anyone in my audience again. I wouldn’t have to deal with you people, I would hang up the phone on you, god I’m miserable.â€

~ Howard Stern, 1986, with Sam Kinison in-studio and talking about Bruce Springsteen’s “dumb†5-LP live album that just came out, and to which Stephen King was made fun of crying listening to.

2. prefect

prefect New Member VIP

Reputations:
    I miss the good old days, back when Howard didn't like Bruce Springsteen.

3. Mozzarell Balls

Mozzarell Balls New Member

Reputations:
    Yeah, now that you mention it I remember that from either the History of or the Kinison week. I remember early on in the Sirius years he even got into discussions with Artie about Springsteen and how he wished he like him like Artie did but just didn't get it.

4. RichardIzDaBezt

RichardIzDaBezt New Member

Reputations:
    hmm?

5. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    Not a particularly big Springsteen fan, but you have to keep in mind that Bruce writes songs about the "workin' man" and his life. Besides washing dishes for a few weeks 40 years ago, he's not done anything that would lead him to relate to what those songs are about.

6. Big Biscuit

Big Biscuit Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Good point, Bruce ain't living in a 2 bedroom, one bather in Hoboken, but I guess his songs about the dustbowl keep the fans from questioning the disconnect. He even took the Hollywood bait for awhile during the Julianne Phillips years, but recovered.