A 250 hour Hockey game for a good cause

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by LaserT, Feb 17, 2015.

1. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...-hours--raises-over--1-million-160130792.html

An outdoor rink saw 40 players, including former NHLer Janne Niinimaa, set a Guinness World Record by playing for 250 consecutive hours, rough conditions and all.

The final score? Team Red 2,161 topped Team White 2,062. :shocked:

The “World’s Longest Hockey Game” raised over $1 million for the Alberta Cancer Foundation. The money will go toward purchasing a $2.5 million PET-MRI scanner, a machine that can help find cancers in early stages.

“This machine combines the amazing detail you get from an MRI — showing exactly where the tumour is and how it is affecting the body — and it combines that with a PET scan which actually shows what the tumour is doing — where it’s dying, where it’s responding to treatment and where it’s growing — and combines it into one image,” said Dr. Paul Grundy, Alberta Health Services project leader for Cancer Control Alberta.

Anything you can do to raise money and help out people in need or CHILDREN, is awesome!!!!!! :yay:

[​IMG]

baci likes this.
  2. Skipnoid

Skipnoid Lick Me!

Reputations:
    Your not going to show us your ass in this fuckin thread are you?

3. LaserT

Reputations:
    See and this is why I told the girls here I wouldn't . :snicker:

4. Skipnoid

Skipnoid Lick Me!

Reputations:
    Good move! Although it must feel pretty good getting that kind of attention. Sure as shit never happened to me. And for some weird reason I had to keep reading on, to the point where some strange part of me kinda wanted to actually see your ass :D

baci likes this.
  5. LaserT

Reputations:
    :eek:.........:snicker: