News A Concealed Carrier Overheard an Anti-Gun Rant, His Epic Response Took the Internet By Storm

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by dawg, Jan 17, 2016.

1. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
    6a00d834515c5469e201a3fd045ce7970b.png

During a train ride in Boston, Massachusetts, a gun owner happened to overhear a conversation between another passenger and someone on his cell phone. The passenger made it clear he was vehemently against firearms and began to loudly complain on his phone about how all gun owners were “bloodthirsty gun nuts”.

Instead of confronting the passenger like many anti-gun liberals would expect him to, the gun owner calmly continued along his commute and later penned an open letter for the Boston Globe under the name, A. Linden.

Read his powerful letter that’s spreading like wildfire (emphasis is my own):

TO THE man I sat next to on my way in to Boston:

When I boarded the commuter rail, you were already in the midst of a spirited phone conversation and didn’t seem to care about how loud you were talking. You were talking with someone about the Paris train attack and the growing epidemic of gun violence in America.

You spoke about the “murderous NRA” and “bloodthirsty gun nuts” who were causing our schools to “run red with blood.” You spoke profanely of the Republicans who opposed President Obama’s call for “sensible gun control,” and you lamented the number of “inbred redneck politicians” who have “infiltrated Capitol Hill.”

I found myself amazed at the irony of the situation. While you were spewing your venom, I sat quietly next to you with my National Rifle Association membership card in my wallet and my 9mm pistol in its holster. You were only 12 inches away from my legally owned semiautomatic pistol. I suppose I didn’t look like the “bloodthirsty gun nut” you thought I should be. It apparently didn’t register to you that I could so cleverly disguise myself by wearing a fleece coat, Patriots hat, and khakis.

So, to the angry liberal who sat next to me on the commuter rail: I don’t hate you. I don’t have any ill feelings toward you. I don’t wish to do you harm. And I don’t regret sitting next to you. On the contrary; I feel bad for you. It must hurt carrying that much hate inside of you.

You obviously have strong opinions about this hot topic. So, let me say this as plainly as I can: If a bad guy with a gun had decided to walk onto that train and start shooting people, I would have been prepared and able to use my gun to defend my own life and the lives of everyone else on that train, including yours. Although you may hate me, a gun owner, I would risk my life for you.

Opinions and ideologies make a pretty thin shield against the bullets of a madman. Your liberal self-righteousness and ignorance may have made you feel superior and comfortable, but during that 40-minute train ride to Boston, my gun kept you safe.

2. Rabid Dogman

Rabid Dogman Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm surprised people in Mass are still allowed to own guns, much less carry them.

3. Horff

Horff Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This sounds like something a gun owner made up so he could write a self-serving letter to the newspaper.

4. Daveindiego

Daveindiego Confirmed Internet Legend Gold

Reputations:
    Super, I would be so stoked to get in the middle of a cross fire with this yahoo thin skinned bitch, who seems to think that free speech only applies to him.

5. Daveindiego

Reputations:
    I don't want some khaki wearing Patriots fan protecting me. I don't need that.

6. dawg

Reputations:
    He did exercise his free speech with the letter bro.

He told the woman nothing on the train, how is he not allowing her free speech?

7. Daveindiego

Reputations:
    By taking so much offense at the woman exercising her free speech that he had to write a letter letting the world know that he is a butthurt bitch.

8. Daveindiego

Reputations:
    While he is all 'hopped up, and ready to pounce' at the first sign of trouble, reality is that he falls asleep on the train, and has kids playing with the gun. :grad:

[​IMG]

IowaHawks, GLguygardner, XuXu and 7 others like this.
  9. dawg

Reputations:
    A lot of butt hurt going around these days.

10. YinzerMasshole

YinzerMasshole VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Too many people listen to too many extremists these days. On both sides. Media companies discovered that batshit is only guarenteed ratings grabber in 24-hour news, and this is the result.

The NRA isn't bloodthirsty, and Obama isn't coming for your guns because he has a "deep seeded hatred for white people".

How I miss the old media days.

11. dawg

Reputations:
    Another fun fact. Not all liberals are against guns. Apparently some people have never met southern Democrats that are armed to the teeth.

12. Rockside7

Rockside7 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I'm calling BS on this.

It's a good read but, I doubt it happened.

Jake Dog, Mack29, XuXu and 10 others like this.
  13. Lemmy

Lemmy Douchebag Extraordinaire Gold

Reputations:
    Holy shit. I think this "letter" is based on BS but I just wish everyone would stop being so outraged by everything. If someone disagrees with what you think then so what? You won't change their mind. Sit and write a letter about it. :jj: 'Mo.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
    XuXu, Homerj123, Gusbuss and 2 others like this.
  14. YinzerMasshole

YinzerMasshole VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Or up here in the Pacific NW. Plenty sporting the gun rack and the Union Yes! stickers on their trucks.

XuXu, Super Dave, Skipnoid and 2 others like this.
  15. LobsterTails

LobsterTails Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The man with the gun seems more bothered about the fact that the other passenger is :

a. shrieking loudly on the phone while he just wants to travel to work in peace and

b. insulting him by calling him a bloodthirsty maniac

16. dawg

Reputations:
    Exactly, there is sandy vaginas on both sides of the issue.

Snotty likes this.
  17. Bosch76

Bosch76 2016 Politics POTY Gold

Reputations:
    He wouldn't risk his life for that guy, he would risk his life for himself. What a self important douche.

XuXu, gotnolife, Droog and 1 other person like this.
  18. Daveindiego

Reputations:
    I like Lobster Tails. :smile:

19. Capn Crud

Capn Crud The Pride of Cucamonga VIP Gold

Reputations:
    You obviously have strong opinions about this hot topic. So, let me say this as plainly as I can: If a bad guy with a gun had decided to walk onto that train and start shooting people, I would have been prepared and able to use my gun to defend my own life and the lives of everyone else on that train, including yours. Although you may hate me, a gun owner, I would risk my life for you.

Another gun nut with a hero complex. He wants to use that thing so bad.

XuXu, HTJ, Napoleon V and 6 others like this.
  20. crazypreacher

crazypreacher Hey yo

Reputations:
    You are such a pussy.