News A Heart Warming Christmas Story - Little Girl Asks For Christmas Cards and Gets A Million

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by dawg, Dec 26, 2015.

1. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
    Safyre-Terry-AP2.jpg

It started with a small request.

Basically, here’s the short version of what happened: This year, Liz Dolder put up a Christmas card tree. Safyre Terry, 8, helped out and was excited to fill it up, according to Dolder, who is also Safyre’s aunt and legal guardian. Dolder had told her that she thought it probably wouldn’t happen.

A photo of Safyre and the card tree was shared online, though, and Dolder’s friends helped out. That’s essentially how the request for Christmas cards grew. And grew. And grew.

Fast-forward a few weeks. Safyre — who suffered severe injuries in a 2013 fire that killed her father, younger sister and two younger brothers — has received loads of cards. Actually, she’s gotten more than a million of them, according to the Associated Press — including one from the White House.

“Safyre had the honor of getting a card from the President, First Lady and family,” read an update on the Safyre Schenectady’s Super Survivor Facebook page, which was posted this week. “THANK YOU Mr. President and First Lady.”

You might have already heard about Safyre this holiday season. The card campaign, which we’ve written about, spread quickly online, and cards poured in from around the world.

Updates posted to Facebook show piles of cards, handwritten notes and other gifts. There are dolls, art supplies and stuffed animals. Volunteers are helping the family sort through it all, AP reported.

“Even with all the volunteers, we haven’t even brushed the surface,” Dolder told AP.

When Safyre was just 5, an arsonist set fire to her family’s apartment stairwell. Safyre survived, but her foot and hand were eventually amputated, and she lost skin on her face.

In addition to the holiday cards, Safyre has received a 3-D printed hand from students at the University at Albany, who spent months working on the project, according to another Facebook update.

“You should have seen her face when they presented her with the first generation 3D printed hand,” it read. “Priceless.”

According to the Associated Press, Safyre will be passing along some of what she has gotten. AP reports:

Over the holidays, Safyre and some of the volunteers who have been helping her since the devastating fire two years ago plan to visit shelters in the Albany area to distribute some of the gifts Safyre has received, as well as some new ones to children who are homeless or victims of domestic violence, said Liz Dolder, the girl’s aunt. She said they’ll also take gifts to Boston’s Shriners Hospital, where Safyre receives ongoing treatment.

“We want other children to feel the joy that Safyre feels,” Dolder told the news agency.

2. BrerJimmy

BrerJimmy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Parents were Juggalos... That would explain the spelling....

Princess Safyre Needs the Support of the Juggalo Family!
    Posted on 11 December 2015.

You've probably already seen this news story about the little girl who survived an apartment fire in New York. But did you know that her daddy--who laid down his life protecting her from the flames--was a Juggalo?? All Princess Safyre wants for Christmas after her unspeakable loss is Christmas cards. We'll definitely be sending her a Christmas cards, some extra flavor and encourage the rest of our Juggalo brothers and sister to send Safyre some Juggalos holiday love via Christmas cards, so she knows that no matter what, she has a family all over the world who will be there for her should she ever need us. We love you, Safyre!

Send Christmas cards to:
    Princess Safyre
    P.O. Box 6126
    Schenectady NY 12306

[​IMG]

When Violent J heard about Safyre's story while on the RassleRap Charity Festival Tour, he was deeply moved sent Safyre not only a card, but toys, Visa gift cards, 2 ICP blankets, toys, and an autographed ICP flat (since Shaggy couldn't sign the card due to not being on the tour from having back surgery). TMZ heard about the story about did a dope story about it: http://www.tmz.com/2015/12/13/insane-clown-posse-burn-victim/

Here's a pic of Violent J getting ready to send Safyre her card as well as images of the card itself

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://www.insaneclownposse.com/News/princess-safyre-needs-the-support-of-the-juggalo-family

3. goldtopper

goldtopper Well Known Heterosexual Gold

Reputations:
    With all of the shit going on everywhere, it really makes me want to believe that deep inside, people are born to be good.

Thedomina and Tracy like this.
  4. Rockside7

Rockside7 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    We sent her a card.

I get choked up every time I see this story.

5. Tipsey Russell

Tipsey Russell VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    so they pretty much think the mom and her boyfriend did this is the deal I think
    or something like that

good times

6. Pickle Jar

Pickle Jar Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It's a sin. Poor kid

7. Pooh bear

Pooh bear Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    The wife basically had her whole family killed so she could be with her POS boyfriend .....I hope she fucking rots in hell.
    My boss's husband is one of the doctors who took care of the poor little girl btw....

8. Chrisboom

Chrisboom Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    All I can say about her story is that it looks like a job "well-done"...
    :c

9. monsoon

monsoon Who are you with?

Reputations:
    Disneyland rolled out the red carpet for her and what's left of her family. She got to stay in the castle inside the park. And I hear that's pretty cool. My elks Lodge put together a package for her. Poor kid is handling it well.

F mutt

10. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    i'm sure she would have preferred if each one of those million sent the monetary value of their cards instead.

11. Pussy Tendon

Pussy Tendon Wet! CUNT!!!!! Gold

Reputations:
    Fucking greeting cards how do they work?!?!

Poor kid.

crazycreep and Father O'Blivion like this.
  12. wujekcity

wujekcity Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I can only imagine how much money she got!! damn!

13. BrerJimmy

Reputations:
    You know how much that costs???

An arm and a leg.

14. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    That sweet little girl...........Breaks my heart.........

15. Turkeyneck

Turkeyneck Howard's got one, not me VIP

Reputations:
    no kidding :(

IfTheyOnlyKnew, Tracy and Rockside7 like this.
  16. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Nobody short of terminal or worse here can bitch about anything...........

Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
    Thedomina likes this.
  17. Father O'Blivion

Father O'Blivion Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yes, Hallmark is the big winner here.

Tracy, ltd86 and BrerJimmy like this.
  18. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:

i sent her a couple after reading her story... man her story brings a tear to ones eye

IfTheyOnlyKnew, Tracy and Rockside7 like this.
  19. BrerJimmy

Reputations:
    I read one of those terrible Facebook memes that was oddly on-point...

"Telling somebody that they shouldn't feel bad because somebody has it worse is like telling somebody that they shouldn't feel good because somebody else has it better."

20. BrerJimmy

Reputations:
    What were the old biddies who work there thinking when hundreds of hatchet-headed Juggalos started pouring into their stores. They were probably on the phone with 9-1 already pressed...

JFK and Father O'Blivion like this.