A Heartfelt THANK YOU To the Great State of Colorado!

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Spazzmatazz, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Spazzmatazz

Spazzmatazz Band Member Banned User

Reputations:
    :leaf::yes::leaf:
    If I lived closer I'd love to put money in your tax fund!
    The surrounding states must be lovin' it! :cool:
    [video=youtube;qfys_LxopvE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfys_LxopvE[/video]

2. La Flama Blanca

La Flama Blanca Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I'd love to visit one of these great states. The thing that sucks is that my pre-employment drug tests don't recognize legally smoked weed.

3. Spazzmatazz

Spazzmatazz Band Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I feel for people that have to do the pee in the bottle thing. My sincere condolences! :(

4. Joe Bauers

Joe Bauers Well-Known Member

Reputations:

:tantrum::nocheer:

5. Robert Higgins

Robert Higgins Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:

I live in CT and companies in my state have had to revisit their HR policies on weed usage and testing as the state has just OK'ed several dispenceries for medical MJ.

They're supposed to be open by August and the prediction is that there is going to be a huge demand for doctors to write scripts and a rush on these stores. If you have a prescription from your Dr. your company can't penalize you just like someone who has a perception for opiates--as long as your job performance is ok.

I can't wait. Long live Governor Malloy!!!!!!

6. Joe Bauers

Reputations:

The Dept. of transportation says otherwise. If there was a pipeline explosion and one of the workers had THC in their blood . what do you think would happen ?

7. sstressed

sstressed enhancement toker VIP

Reputations:
    our dispensaries are still dispensing mid grade pot for high grade prices. it would be nice if they bought some of colorado's leftovers instead of the dried out shit from cali that they pretend was locally grown.

get a light.
    grow your own.
    fuck em. :toke:

8. FtM

FtM Starless & Bible Black Gold

Reputations:
    My brother works in California for a municipal water company. They do random drug testing with a zero tolerance policy, this includes having a legal prescription. Its too bad for him because he loves smoking weed. :nocheer:

9. Joe Bauers

Reputations:
    I'm in the same boat. except the water part. Natural Gas. I have weed in my safe that I pull out, whenever I have a vacation. Can't wait to retire. I thought it was going to happen this year. But health insurance is holding me up...

10. FtM

Reputations:
    Hang in there, DW. :leaf:

11. Mr Pink

Mr Pink Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Probably isn't going to happen any time soon for those in the transportation industry. Synthetic weed was an option for a while but that's pretty much illegal now.

12. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    It is god damn ridiculous that we drug test people with silly jobs like overseeing and maintaining our power grid...water....gas...infrastructure and other horse shit jobs like that.

:c

13. Joe Bauers

Reputations:
    I completely agree. :c

14. FtM

Reputations:
    Our fellow poster Gridman actually has to be drug tested to hang up ceiling grid and do drywall work in schools and power plants, his assistant has to get tested as well and he works for an independent contracting company.

15. Lester

Lester Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This new law has been great here in Colorado. Tons of tax revenue, great cheap weed, and guess what no increase in crime.

16. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

17. Dump Button

Dump Button Former Mall Security Guard

Reputations:
    I wonder if all this hooplaw is for insurance reasons including the random testing of employees. In the corporate world it's usually one and done. No more testing eventhough the policy states they random test. Most don't follow the policy due to the cost of random testing.

18. Brokenbad

Brokenbad Well-Known Member

Reputations:

No surprise the OFDAWTR (old fat drug agents waiting to retire task force) is still operating.

19. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...drug testing in the construction industry has gotten so bad i took my pension and got out. i had more than enough time in and could call my own shots by then. pre employment testing while a pita is not hard to get around but the random testing is open ended for an employee on the job. i wouldnt want to work with someone who is high on the job i can wait until i got home its not hard to do. safety is everybodys job and we always want everybody to make it home for dinner. my job was dangerous work day after day and honestly id rather work with a guy who smoked himself stupid the night before than work with a guy who drank himself into a good drunk the night before. i know what an alcohol hangover can do to me, makes me feel like im made out of cement, dulls you, thats why i wouldnt want to work next to someone like that. ive never seen anyone hungover from smoking weed or hash. pot is no more evil than alcohol, its time to stop lumping it into the same category as heroin or cocaine or whatever people are using today to get wacked out of their heads.

20. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...its ALL about the liability. insurance companies can make or break a company depending on their safety record vs insurance costs/bonds.