A.j. Burnett traded to pirates

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by GRATEFUL DEAD, Feb 18, 2012.

1. GRATEFUL DEAD

GRATEFUL DEAD Active Member

Reputations:
    For 2 non-prospects and Pirates will pay $13 mill. of A.J.'s $33 mill. left on his contract.

EXCELLENT................................

(unless you're a Pirates fan...........then in that case you have my condolences)....................:c

2. Little Joey

Little Joey Member

Reputations:
    Both teams made out pretty well in the deal. Yankees free up some money and get further underneath the "cap" preventing them from losing some revenue-sharing money, and could use the savings to pick-up a needed player before trading deadline. Also, they have much better alternatives at the back of the rotation than Mr. Unreliable.

Pirates didn't do too bad either. Think about it, they have Burnett for $6.5 million per season over the next two years; pitches in a weak-hitting central division and faces the pitcher, or a weak pinch-hitter, 3 times per start. It wouldn't surprise me if he finishes this season with 13-15 wins and has an ERA under 4.00. No way that happens if he stays with the Yankees.

3. GRATEFUL DEAD

GRATEFUL DEAD Active Member

Reputations:
    The CANCER is gonna be out another month after fouling a ball of his dopey ass FACE..........ohhhh the poor people of PITTSBURGH have NO clue what their gonna get with this asshole.............I'M SO HAPPY HE'S OFF THE YANKEES........

For Pirates fans sake I hope A.J. dies BEFORE he ever throws a p[itch for them..............:hat: