A little worried about Artie

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by Handsome Fish, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Handsome Fish

Handsome Fish New Member

Reputations:
    Love Artie. When he left Stern show it officially died. I just got done listening to last Thursday's show and Artie was very funny as usual but really dark. I just hope he is doing ok. As someone who is in recovery when Artie says he is not allowed to have any fun means usually means he really wants to get high. only way to say clean is if you want to not for other people. Nick must be worried

2. mattyfishrip197

mattyfishrip197 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    what dope was you on....

and yes i agree....he wishes he could cop....but arties knows he cant do just a little

3. mattyfishrip197

Reputations:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2014
  4. Handsome Fish

Handsome Fish New Member

Reputations:
    meth, clean 15 years

5. mattyfishrip197

Reputations:
    good god....to me that would be harder to stop than herion.....but im a speed guy...how did ya stop....get caught and spend some time or just quit

6. Handsome Fish

Handsome Fish New Member

Reputations:
    moved to a different city. luckily never got busted but had to get completely away from the scene. finished up college and now married with 2 kids and good career. i'm the only one that got out, rest of my old friends either dead, jail, or a total mess. that shit is the worst. funny to think back on how paranoid a person can get after being up for 5 days.

7. jms397

jms397 Member

Reputations:
    I listened to Artie's last day on the Stern show last night 12/09/2009. That was when Artie was wheezing into the microphone and Howard got annoyed and shut it off a couple of times. I could hear the heroin in Artie's voice.

Artie does go to a dark place sometimes and it must drive Nick crazy.

8. Senator Rick

Senator Rick Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    look- arnie's gonna do what arnie's gonna do

9. Johnny B

Johnny B Active Member

Reputations:
    I'm pretty sure Artie has said that at the very end of his run with Howie he was mainly addicted to pain pills and not heroin. I guess to him at that point, with his toxic thinking, he justified popping the pills because he thought they were better for him than heroin.

Oddly enough..

If you remember Artie first tried heroin because he was trying to score a ton of pain pills, his drug dealer said something like "man you know what those will do to your liver (Artie was always worried about his liver), you should try heroin, it's better for you".

He wanted to get off heroin so he resorted back to pills.

10. BeetTheBoxer

BeetTheBoxer Active Member

Reputations:
    artie is back on the horse

11. mpa

mpa Active Member

Reputations:
    artie gets worse around the vacations - he was f'n off the deep end at the end of the year; but, then as Nick pointed out last week and has before, he becomes a mess and vitriolic the last hour (maybe that's the time off coming up or he's just tired and cranky). He needs the structure and he cares about Rick and doesn't want to let him down. I guess we'll see what shape he's in on that hack Fallon's show. Fellato Gellato hanging around seems to be good for him too as it's someone to bust on and a 'lil' brother' to take care of.

I used to run a pysch ward and it seemed and even some open folk said, that they got to a certain age and were clean for a while and they just lost the motivation to use - might be Arnie's only hope: just subsist for a while and hope middle age removes some of the want.

12. PeaceDog

PeaceDog Active Member

Reputations:
    Thursdays show was just an off day for the guys..I felt the same after it..

Listen to Fridays and you should feel better about Art

13. onefourthree

onefourthree Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm always worried about Artie, I think that's just something you have to get used to if you are going to be a fan. As much as Artie might seem like a 'regular guy', he's not. You think, oh he's just this funny crazy guy with a drug problem and personal family issues, etc.....but think about it....what he did to himself with the knife.....it doesn't get any worse than that. No matter what level you look at it from. I mean imagine how his mother feels, or his sister. To put them through that, what kind of person are you.

14. BethsZygote

BethsZygote In Utero VIP

Reputations:
    artie is not on teh drugz0rz.

You can tell, because he is NOT having fun.

Artie will either figure out there are better things in life than heroin, or he will go back, its definetely still up in the air.

When he quotes DeNiro/Lamotta "I got no joys" he is t0tally cereal.

Regular people can (try to) replace it with 'love' and 'cunt', but Arts so jaded from being famous, he doesnt really have that 'out'. As much as he wants to hate 'whores' attention, as a standup comic, he also craves it.

Its a hard knock life.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
  15. BeetTheBoxer

BeetTheBoxer Active Member

Reputations:
    he is chipping

16. Napoleon V2

Napoleon V2 New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Congrats bro keep up the good work

17. onefourthree

Reputations:
    His real problem is not the drugs. The drug abuse / self destructive behavior is a symptom of a larger problem.

Of course you can not deal with the real problem till you stop the drugs. Which apparently he has. It's a start. I don't know how much he is doing to confront his real problem though.

18. sternski

sternski New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    The day i worry about anyone outside of my real world and real life is the day i gotta ask myself...do i need to get a grip?

If artie offs himself.thats his business.

I love lardass....and cant wait for them to get back but wont spend a second worrying.

19. onefourthree

Reputations:
    Well yeah "worry" is probably a strong word. I worry about my family, my friends, and associates.

However, I don't think a person needs to "get a grip" just cause they are willing to consider another's experience, feelings and actions. It's just being compassionate.

20. Greekfreak

Greekfreak New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I love the baby gorilla, and not in a faggot way. But also not in the same way I love my family and my friends.

I'd feel awful if he went down the drugs road again, or offed himself, but my life would go on.

I'm selfish when I say I want him to go on because I think he's a witty guy and he makes 75% of the Nick and Artie show.

No, my math is not wrong. He was irreplaceable on the Stern show, and he's irreplaceable now.