Taking a look at horses who you can see today as they stood 80 plus years ago or 130 years ago,etc. The power of taxidermy. It's absolutely amazing to see these horses as they stood and looked back then. The original Trigger ridden by Roy Rodgers in the movies in the late 30's. First named Golden Cloud, 1932-1965. Trigger knew 150 trick cues and Roy Rodgers also had Trigger make hospital appearances with him with Trigger making it up 3-4 flight of hospital stairs to reach the children. 1930's How Trigger looks today. Phar Lap- A champion thoroughbred racehorse who ran in the late 20's to early 30's. Winner of 37 out of 51 races. Phar Lap won the prestigious Melbourne Cup in 1930 and won the Melbourne stakes two years in a row in 1930 and 1931 under heavy weights. Phar Lap died at the age of 6 after winning the Aqua Caliente stakes in Mexico. A conspiracy still is alive that he was poisoned. 1930 How he looks today, as he did back then. Comanche, the only US Army survivor from the Battle of Little Bighorn. Comanche was the horse of Captain Miles Keogh of the 7th Cavalry. He was Captain Keogh's horse in a battle in Kansas a couple years earlier and took an arrow to his hindquarters but still carried Keogh throughout the whole battle. At the Battle of Little Bighorn he again carried Keogh into battle. Comanche was shot 7 times and speared(You can see some of the scars above). He was shot four times to his back foreshoulder, once to his hoof and once to each of his hind legs. Comanche was found in a ravine a day later where he "crawled down to, to die and be eaten by the crows". Sergeant Milton DeLacey and his men found Comanche, raised him up and cared for him removing the bullets and tending to the wounds. He was brought back to fort Meade where he was cared for and treated "like a prince". He died years later at the age of 29 of Colic and is one of only two horses to be given a military funeral by the U.S. 1889 As Comanche stand today and how he stood 120 years or so ago. Napolean's most famous horse, Le Visir- He was a gift from the Sultan of the Ottoman Empire in 1808.