A radio guy with a work ethic

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Shithead, May 21, 2015.

1. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    New Jersey radio host Pinky Kravitz misses show for first time in 56 years
    BY Lee Moran
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Thursday, May 21, 2015, 8:14 AM
    [​IMG] Donald Kravitz/Getty Images
    Pinky Kravitz is said to be "in very good spirits" after undergoing heart surgery Monday.
    Heart problems have forced a New Jersey radio host off-air for the first time in 56 years.

Pinky Kravitz has entertained Atlantic City via his "Pinky's Corner" program on WOND-AM 1400 for more than five-and-a-half decades.

But his voice was not heard on his usual 4 to 6 p.m. timeslot Friday after he called out sick, reports the Press of Atlantic City.

The 87-year-old reportedly woke up feeling ill and took himself to hospital.

He ended up having heart surgery at the AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center's Mainland Campus in Pomona on Monday.

Longport Media president Dave Coskey said it was the first time the veteran broadcaster had ever called out sick.

"Friday, he called and said, 'I will not be able to do my show today.' It did strike me as kind of unusual, but you don't always want to pry into people's personal business," said Coskey.

The station boss visited Kravitz over the weekend and said he was "in very good spirits."

And he revealed he's since heard the procedure went well and that the patient wants to return to the radio studio as soon as possible.

"The way that we left it is that we would take it week by week depending on how he feels," Coskey told the Press of Atlantic City.

"From personal experience, I can tell you that in the past, Pinky has done his show from a hospital without anyone knowing that he was doing it from a hospital, including his doctors, I would imagine," he added.

Kravitz's son Gregg released a written statement about his father's condition.

"We thank his many listeners, fans and friends for their concern and well wishes. We ask for privacy at this time," he wrote.

"Pinky doesn't need anything right now other than the care the ARMC doctors and staff are giving him," he added.

Tom Lamaine, Dan Klein, Bob Burns and Don Williams will fill in on the show.

1Vegasgirl and SalsMasterShake like this.
  2. Head Censor

Head Censor Turgid Member VIP

Reputations:
    Wow, that truly is amazing.

I didn't think there was anyone living in Atlantic City who could afford a radio. :dontknow:

1Vegasgirl and Shithead like this.
  3. DinnerSocks

DinnerSocks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    His first guest was Nucky Thompson, true story.

tomg and shrinkage like this.
  4. PSU Shower Room

PSU Shower Room Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    "Hello Anthony. This is Nicky Thompson from Atlantic City."

Shithead likes this.
  5. peterfonda

peterfonda Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I knew a kid named Pinky in elementary school.