A-Rod & Jay-Z ....1 percent'rs

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Nemo, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
  2. David999

David999 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I guess Robin and Beth are not the only ones with scam charities. These celebrities should be embarrassed to be associated with these kind of stories, especially with the kind of scratch they have.

3. KillVampires

KillVampires Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    But that's the thing. They are mostly broke. Jay-Z if he sold off all of his assets would be short of $10 million. The guy is terrible with money and doesn't keep a lot of what he reportedly earns when you factor in agents and managers. Look at his lies about being a 'part owner' of the Brooklyn Nets. He doesn't own anything. Someone bought up 1/1500th of the Nets in Jay-Z's name.

A-Rod is another awful money manager. He lost half in the divorce and has a major child support nut to hit each year. And he has invested in some terrible deals including buying a ton of real estate in Florida and trying to become the next Donald Trump. I'm sure that cost him eight figures at the lowest. These guys are idiots.

Allen Iverson went through nine figures of NBA money and is broke. Curt Schilling went through high eight figures of his MLB money opening up a doomed video game company. Michael Jordan was gambling away eight figures of his NBA money every year at some points. I think most NFL players go bankrupt within three years of leaving the game. ESPN did a 30-for-30 about this, showing how these athletes blow all of their money.

When you make $30 million a year you shouldn't need charity and tax scams. But these guys are all managed by crooks who deliberately lose their clients money into sham investments while pocketing the kickbacks because they are in on the deal. And the ones who aren't even managed, just take $50 million and throw it into failed business ventures. Or spend it on mansions and cars which immediately depreciate.

4. j shmuck

j shmuck Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Is this true about Jay-Z?

Iv'e never heard any reports about his shitty finances before but it is certainly believable.

I love the guy as a rapper but he's started to annoy me recently and I can't quite pinpoint it. Maybe it has to do with the fact that the media now slobbers all over him (especially if you watch the nba and listen to the announcers blow him constantly), or that it's pretty obviouse he has a huge ego now (which is understandable), I'm not sure.

I just know that if he went bankrupt tomorrow I would have a good laugh about it and I'm not sure why. The guy isn't out there making an ass of himself (kanye), or constantly saying stupid/ controversial shit (kanye again), but forwhatever reason I can forsee myself having a good laugh over his misfortune.

5. Murcielago

Murcielago Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Reputations:
    Just a way to get some cheap positive publicity and funnel money to family members and other sycophants by giving them phony positions in the operation.