A squeamish topic...Elective circumcism

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Shithead, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Don't know what it would be like to peel that fucker back....

American Snipper: Why more men are getting circumcised
    By Doree Lewak

January 29, 2015 | 9:06pm

[​IMG]
    Is getting cut the new nose job? Photo: Shutterstock
    Most music moguls laze away the day in balmy LA in their pools or admiring their vintage car collections. But a few months ago, R&B sensation Omarion chose to spend a beautiful fall morning under the knife — or at least under the scalpel — at his own circumcision.

“I used to be part of the turtleneck club,” says the 30-year-old star of the VH1 show “Love & Hip Hop: Hollywood,” adding that the decision was at least partly driven by his lady, Apryl Jones.

Whereas his baby son, Megaa, was circumcised in August in a mohel’s LA home, Omarion took matters into his own hands — or at least in the hands of a doc — opting for a hospital and major anesthesia.

Modal Trigger[​IMG]
    With the approval of his gal Apryl, R&B singer Omarion underwent circumcision in the fall. Their baby boy, Megaa, did it, too.Photo: Instagram

Overall national circumcision rates for babies have dropped sharply since the 1980s, slipping to an all-time low of about 55 percent in the US. The medical community has been split on the health benefits of circumcision.

But according to experts, an increasing number of grown men are making the cut for religious, medical and even aesthetic reasons. Though there are no official statistics on the phenomenon, mohels and doctors say they’ve seen an uptick in adult male circumcisions. Many of these are driven by religious reasons, after a wave of Russian-born Jews, for whom circumcision was not an option in Russia, fulfilled the covenant upon emigrating to the US, the land of foreskin freedom.

And some men are making the cut for vanity reasons.

“I’ve met American men who were uncomfortable that they weren’t circumcised, and it’s caused them social embarrassment,” says Ian Kerner, Ph.D., a New York-based sex expert.

“In some ways, it’s the same reason someone would get a nose job. It’s elective surgery, but it makes you feel better.”

Some matchmakers report that they have been grilled by women about whether a potential suitor has been snipped before committing to a date.

“It’s come up with European men,” says NYC matchmaker Janis Spindel. “Women find it disgusting to be intimate with a man who’s not circumcised.”

Like kale or SoulCycle, there’s no denying circumcision’s zeitgeisty moment.

‘Circumcision is hot. They’ll come in and say, ‘I think I need to get cut.’’

- Urologist Paul Turek
    “Circumcision is hot,” says urologist Dr. Paul Turek, who cites half of his adult patients in Beverly Hills and Silicon Valley do the deed for cosmetic reasons.

“They’ll come in and say, ‘I think I need to get cut,’ ” says the doc, who sees a lion’s share of guys in their 20s. “Some men don’t like [the foreskin] — their partners don’t like it.”

He boasts that his 30-to- 60-minute $1,000 procedure uses the latest technology, precisely removing the foreskin while leaving sensitive tissue behind.

Two years ago, instead of nursing a vicious hangover on Jan. 1, 39-year-old Adam kicked off the new year with his own bris. “I planned to start the new year right,” says the French-born tech entrepreneur, who lives in the West Village. Growing up in France, his father never allowed a bris as a baby, fearing any external signs of being Jewish in a hostile world.

“They were always in hiding,” says Adam, who declines to use his last name for personal reasons. Upon being circumcised, “I felt relieved — I felt like King David,” he exults. “Plus, it looks better.” After the procedure, he and his rabbi immediately buried his foreskin in a nearby park, a gesture that symbolizes “putting the negativity back into the earth.”

His decision to go foreskin-free was easy — it was his loins that protested post-surgery. “There was a five-week recovery before I could use it,” he admits, explaining the grueling recovery regimen during which he was bandaged for 10 days and had to soak his family jewels in Epsom salt twice a day for about 30 minutes.

Boris can no doubt relate. The 34-year-old Staten Islander got married last year and wanted to start his married life as a full-fledged Jew.

“I thought about it my whole life — it’s unfortunate I had to wait till I was 33,” says Boris, who gave a $1,000 donation to the mohel for the 40-minute procedure, during which he lay on a table covered by a cloth.

The anesthetic takes a while to set in, and there’s extensive suturing, he recalls —“the actual thing takes maybe a minute” — but he even showed up for work the next day.

Still, there was trepidation. “As a grown man, you’re used to having what you have.”

He describes the first two weeks after his procedure as “horrific, especially the swelling.” He took Vicodin for the pain. Hanky-panky was off limits for about two months, since an erection can mean mindnumbing soreness. Mercifully, urinating is pain-free. Even so, “The next six months weren’t normal,” Boris adds ruefully.

And now — any complaints in the bedroom?

“We’re expecting a baby next month — everything works just fine!”

2. NyMarkNy

NyMarkNy VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Go through hell for 6 months just to make your penis Jewish. These guys are fanatics, probably eat potato pancakes every night counting pennies because they want to be REAL Jews as an adult

3. Butcher

Butcher ?

Reputations:
    Where will they store the peanuts now?

[​IMG]

Dorb likes this.
  4. Woof

Woof Liver Shots? VIP

Reputations:
    Jewish conspiracy......

5. Dorb

Dorb Lovable Old Pig VIP Gold

Reputations:
    What I get from this is: Get cut to avoid a smelly smegma dick and
    Russians all have turtleneck dicks.

6. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:
  7. Tipsey Russell

Tipsey Russell VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    his baby son, Megaa

good fucking grief

After the procedure, he and his rabbi immediately buried his foreskin in a nearby park, a gesture that symbolizes “putting the negativity back into the earth.”
    o_O

8. babybear

babybear r.i.p 8/3/15, Wherewolf of AZ VIP

Reputations:
    been there ,done it.

9. CaptainFrank

CaptainFrank Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I know a guy who had to have it done at sixty, for medical reasons.

10. FishySausage

FishySausage Original Nuttah VIP Gold

Reputations:
  11. Gusbuss

Gusbuss VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Some new study claims circumcision causes autism.