ABC Newswoman to get boobs cut off

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by markluke, Nov 11, 2013.

1. markluke

markluke Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Nice cleavage, what a shame

[h=1]Amy Robach reveals breast cancer diagnosis on ‘Good Morning America,' plans to undergo double mastectomy[/h][h=2]The reporter revealed a ‘GMA’ assignment in October, in which she got a mammogram on live television, is the reason why she was able to catch the cancer early enough.[/h]

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...diagnosis-gma-article-1.1512918#ixzz2kLr5c7gt

[video=youtube;cVkkynF9Lpk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVkkynF9Lpk[/video]

I wonder if Oats gets regular mammograms given she's over 40 now? Given how hard they look on her chest it must be difficult to get a good reading. Or is she in denial and like Robin and ignores things until they're too late and the cancer spreads?

2. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    she can still defend Obama without them :D

3. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...she needs a good asshole eatin'.

4. R.P. McMurphy

Reputations:
    ...this chick split from her husband who she use to make commercial spots with for msnbc on how they were just a down home couple fixing up their house and remodeling. I saw that commercial and thought that will never last. shortly after that she started dating actor Andrew shue. yeah, must have been pulled out of a hat. I wish her well tho shes easy to look at. when is this country ever going to put a stop to this cancer shit anyway, weve got 60+ years of "research" in finding a cure.

5. SleepingWarrior

SleepingWarrior Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Have we yet been able to stop a disease that you don't "catch" from someone else?

6. R.P. McMurphy

Reputations:
    ...polio, by the grace of god and dr Jonas salk who gave it away for nothing. "it would be like saying you own the sun". dr j. salk

7. SleepingWarrior

Reputations:
    "Polio is a viral disease which may affect the spinal cord causing muscle weakness and paralysis. The polio virus enters the body through the mouth, usually from hands contaminated with the stool of an infected person."

8. Turtle Man

Turtle Man Hello Darling Gold

Reputations:
    It's all the rave

9. R.P. McMurphy

Reputations:
    ...ah. but we have it no more. "usually" is the key word in that definition, whats the "unusual" ways? how did the first person-patient zero contract it? :coffee:

10. newcastlefan

newcastlefan גֵּרְשֹׁם VIP

Reputations:
    i don't know if a double mastectomy equates to catching it early. catching breast cancer early means they can remove it as minor outpatient surgery. having both boobs removed is more like last ditch surgery to prevent imminent death.

11. newcastlefan

Reputations:
    i guess username just happened to miss this act of altruism..

12. SleepingWarrior

Reputations:
    Probably a mutation of a previous virus. Besides that a virus is a foreign body that INFECTS a cell. Cancer and some other diseases are a change or deterioration of our own cells.

13. markluke

Reputations:
    There seems to be this trend lately of getting double mastectomies despite having no cancer or even in the early stages.

I guess "early enough" means before it spreads to the lymph nodes or elsewhere. You know, like Robin who ignored everything until it was the size of a grapefruit.

14. newcastlefan

Reputations:
    transmittable diseases are what make it possible for us to cure them because we interrupt the transmission mechanisms. diseases you don't "catch" are tougher to cure because we don't know what causes them, and researching the potential causes requires that we find research subjects liable to develop the illness before they get sick.

if we know they are likely to get sick, we have a legal requirement to do whatever we can to keep them from getting sick, except that if we prevent them from developing the illness or if we treat them with unusualy substances (like chemo and radiation) to keep them from getting ill we ruin their use as research subjects.

15. newcastlefan

Reputations:
    i'm curious about that too: if they saw it in the breasts there is a very good chance that it is already in the lymph system since that's pretty much all the functionality and structure of breasts (glands).

16. R.P. McMurphy

Reputations:
    ...a beautiful selfless act.
    ...I am a little pissed with the medical industrial complex over this. there was a national news story on the over application of colonoscopies by the American association of urologists. together they said that many of these cancers observed in the procedure are slow growing cancers that take longer than a human life cycle to cause impact on quality of life. I hate the scare tactics used like if your test isn't dead nuts identical to their chart, you need another test, and another and another. when I was a kid tv commercials were all cigarettes and alcohol related, now everybody has suddenly been swept up in the epidemic of restless leg syndrome. its like these fuckers are trying to make you sick via sublimital suggestion. I rather resent it. im not saying western medicine is shit but I sense a marketing campaing that's offensive.

17. markluke

Reputations:
    That's why prostate cancer treatment in 80 year old men is pointless.

I have a doctor who is more old school and only prescribes medication when it's really warranted. Not "you're stressed, so here's some Prozac" or "can't sleep, here's some Lunesta".

Plus, when you look at some of these medications the side effects are often worse than the condition it's desired to treat.

18. R.P. McMurphy

Reputations:
    ...its insane the shit the fda has approved because of those side effects, some of them sound horrible but yet marijuana is evil. :dontknow:

19. SleepingWarrior

Reputations:
    I'll dig up the story but just within the last few weeks the FDA approved some medication that is more powerful than Oxy's and the like OVER THE OBJECTIONS of a panel of their own doctors or some shit. Give enough money to the bigwigs and you'll get whatever you want approved eventually.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  20. SleepingWarrior

Reputations:
    Full article here... http://www.wate.com/story/23823551/fda-approves-powerful-new-pain-pill-safety-advocates-concerned

KNOXVILLE (WATE) – There are concerns about the FDA approving a powerful new pain killer. It's called Zohydro ER.

Groups fighting drug abuse say it's a pain pill they don't want to see hit the streets. The FDA's own set of advisors gave the pain pill a negative review last year.
    Patient safety advocates also opposed the drug's release, but on Friday, to the shock of many groups including the Metropolitan Drug Commission in Knoxville, Zohydro was approved.
    The drug is 5-10 times more powerful than the average pain pill. It is pure hydrocodone. Until now, hydrocodone has always been sold mixed with other drugs like acetaminophen (Tylenol) for example. So safety advocates worry drug addicts will take it, not realizing the potential for an overdose death.