According To New ADL Survey: One In Four People Worldwide Are Anti-Semitic

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Morrisb, May 14, 2014.

1. Morrisb

Morrisb Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    1/4 hate the jews. (Global study)

No shock that most of them have never even met a jew and come from Islamic countries. It's Howard Stern related because he has staff members that are jewish. :coffee:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...vey_n_5318214.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000063

The first-ever global study of anti-Semitic attitudes shows that more than a quarter of the world’s population harbors intense anti-Jewish sentiment, with region, more than religion, shaping people’s view of Jews and Judaism.

The poll, released Tuesday (May 13) by the New York-based Anti-Defamation League, also finds that a large proportion of the world has never heard of the Holocaust or denies historical accounts of it.

Of those polled, 46 percent have either not heard of the Holocaust that killed 6 million Jews or think it is a myth or exaggerated.

...The poll is based on 11 questions that refer to common stereotypes about Jews, such as “Jews have too much power in international financial markets” and “Jews are responsible for most of the world’s wars.” Those who answered “probably true” to six or more questions were deemed to be anti-Semitic.

2. Splash

Splash Huge Member VIP

Reputations:
    Howard is 1/2 Jew. Take it easy Heinrich

3. check1

check1 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Seriously....what's you point?

4. Adolf Martling

Adolf Martling Active Member

Reputations:
    "Now we just gotta' wake up the other 3/4."
    \
    [​IMG]

5. UpInSmoke123

UpInSmoke123 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    25% sounds low. I'm sure there were another 30-50% (mostly not in Islamic countries) who weren't comfortable with answering honestly.

6. Morrisb

Morrisb Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Just pointing out stupidity. Howard says he's almost anti-semitic. [​IMG]

[video=youtube;ALXR0yl0uBc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALXR0yl0uBc[/video]

7. fag

fag Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Ya if everyone anwsered truthfully it would be 50 percent.

8. todd packer

todd packer Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The hell he is.

9. Jew Manchu

Jew Manchu Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This is probably a conservative estimate. I am Jewish and I hate about half my family and about 75% of the assholes in my Temple.

10. ScottBaiosPenis

ScottBaiosPenis Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    the full article says in arab countries the number is about 70% including arab christians not just muslims. in asian muslim countries the number is still high but lower than arab countries.

11. pontius pilot

pontius pilot #TeahmGandhiStarver VIP

Reputations:
    :haha:

12. UpInSmoke123

UpInSmoke123 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...and in western countries, it's totally taboo to criticize jews, and that surely dropped the numbers below where they would be if we could somehow look into people's minds and hearts instead of asking them to basically self-identify as anti-semites. The survey questions are loaded for westerners.

13. hollywoodrose

hollywoodrose Member VIP

Reputations:
    And a big problem is that a lot of those "stereotypes" are actually true. If you check the recent World's Top 50 Most Influential People list (I think it was Esquire magazine) the vast majority of the people on the list were Jews. Considering that the actual percentage of Jews amongst the general population is only about 2%, that's astonishing. The issue to me is that you can't bring up or criticize anything about Israel or it's political/social policies without the threat of being labeled an anti-semite. Jews have used anti-semitism as a means to silence opposition and gain power throughout the world, which to me is the epitome of racism. Exploiting race and religion (whether it be someone else's or your own) for political or financial purposes is about as racist as you can get. And when you're able to silence opposing views across the board just by threatening charges of "anti-semitism", it's also dangerous.

14. RumBalls

RumBalls The original RumBalls, est. Jan 16, 2012

Reputations:
    How many hate the blacks?

15. peterfonda

peterfonda Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm surprised it isn't more.

16. MyLazyHand

MyLazyHand Russia and France Know What to Do

Reputations:
    That didn't require a survey.

17. GivRodnyachance

GivRodnyachance Overt Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    Being half Jewish is his little "joke", although he never tells people he is joking. l I actually listened to every show for years and thought the entire time he really was half Jewish. I don't get the joke when he says he is only half Jewish. He bitches about other people changing their names because they are self-hating Jews, but he is just as bad as them.

18. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/14/world/anti-semitism-global-survey/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

(CNN)
    -- One in four adults worldwide are "deeply infected with anti-Semitic attitudes," the Anti-Defamation League announced, in releasing results of an unprecedented global survey.

Nearly half have never heard of the Holocaust, and only a third believe historical descriptions are accurate, the survey found.
    Carried out by First International Resources and commissioned by the Anti-Defamation League, the survey included 102 countries representing 88% of the world's adult population. In native languages, it asked people whether certain traditionally anti-Semtic statements are probably true or false, including that Jews have too much power over international markets, global media, and the U.S. government; that they "don't care about what happens to anyone but their own kind," and that "Jews are responsible for most of the world's wars."
    The survey then calculated how many believed that at least six of the 11 stereotypes were probably true. In the Middle East and North Africa, 74% did. In Eastern Europe, one in three did, and in Western Europe and sub-Saharan Africa, nearly one in four believed most of the stereotypes.
    Overall, 26% believed at least six of the stereotypes -- a figure representing an estimated 1.1 billion people.
    The most widely believed stereotype was that Jews are more loyal to Israel than to the countries in which they live.
    "For the first time we have a real sense of how pervasive and persistent anti-Semitism is today around the world," ADL National Director Abraham Foxman said in a statement.
    "The data from the Global 100 Index enables us to look beyond anti-Semitic incidents and rhetoric and quantify the prevalence of anti-Semitic attitudes across the globe. We can now identify hotspots, as well as countries and regions of the world where hatred of Jews is essentially nonexistent."
    In Laos, only 0.2% of the adult population holds anti-Semitic views, the survey found. Also at the bottom of the list were the Philippines, Sweden and the Netherlands.
    In the United States, 9% of respondents believed the majority of the stereotypes.
    The highest levels were found in the Palestinian territories at 93% and Iraq at 92%. Yemen, Algeria, Libya and Tunisia were next.
    In Asia, less than a quarter of respondents had heard of the Holocaust and believed historical accounts are accurate. In sub-Saharan Africa, that figured dropped to 12%; in the Middle East and North Africa, 8%.
    Three quarters of the people surveyed said they've never met a Jewish person. That figure includes most of the people who believe a majority of the anti-Semitic stereotypes are probably true.

19. sstressed

sstressed enhancement toker VIP

Reputations:
    it blows my mind that so many hate jews. most of the pretend nazi scum never met one and believe fairy tales.

muslims i understand. they're primitive savages and it's expected.

but the rest of the mutants - :grouch:

20. Mazley

Mazley Black Knight Banned User

Reputations:
    Well shit I am screwed... 1 out 4 of you people hate me :(