Adam Carolla on "Opie & Anthony" today???

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by ARM, Jul 19, 2013.

1. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I thought this was worth mentioning. Adam Carolla, the almost Jackie chair replacement (and actual first choice for it until he wouldn't uproot his life for NYC and Artie got it) does O&A for I bbbeeeeliievvvve the first time (someone correct me if I'm wrong)!?!?!

Definitely worth a listen on a coupla levels. First off, doesn't it fuck with the Wigward/Gary/Sabean cockblock of friends of the HSS doing O&A? And two, I know Opie had a BIG problem with Adam a few years ago for blowing him off on Lovelines. BUT I know Norton does Adam's podcast alot, so I don't if that influenced things here??

[video=youtube;EsIgKRycsWc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsIgKRycsWc[/video]

Here is Opie ranting about Adam...

[video=youtube;INSCYz8y-IE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INSCYz8y-IE[/video]

This is YET another reason to despise the current HSS, you miss Adam Carolla coming in town for a great spot. He did Artie's show last night even, and although he can be polarizing I love him usually everywhere.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
  2. Chimney Portions

Chimney Portions I drink cum Banned User

Reputations:
    I can't stand Carolla, so I liked that they interrupted him with Tyson.

3. nearly.normal

nearly.normal Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I doubt Howard gives a single flying fuck.

4. Pembroke36

Pembroke36 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

5. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Oh really, I thought you liked him?? He's a polarizing guy, certainly not for everyone, especially when he gets all FOX NEWSie n shit. BUT I've always found him to be extraordinarily quick and ranty hilariously funny on any topic. But believe me, I understand when ppl say they don't like him or find him annoying.

6. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I don't know about that?? If they cared about Marc Maron, I bet they care about a long time staple like Adam being buddy buddy on the O&A show.

Wigward gets to be a very jealous, possessive, bitter, hoardie, and cranky assface over the dumbest shit, and this certainly fits his criteria.

7. nearly.normal

nearly.normal Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard's not even on the air today. You really think he gives a shit that a guy who he's not all that crazy about anyway was in town and went on another radio show on a day that he was off at his billion dollar mansion?

8. Chimney Portions

Reputations:
    Nah, I can't stand him. I agree with some of the stuff he says and think he's a witty guy, but he's Dennis Miller. He doesn't converse. He lets people talk until he can come up with soliloquies and diatribes that everybody's expected to laugh at. A guy who has zero humility and is never to blame for any of his failures.

I respect his accomplishments, but no, I do not like him.

9. knu3421

knu3421 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ^he sells vodka now and goes to liquor to sign the bottles!!!

10. Roland Schwinn

Roland Schwinn *Likes reported as of October 14, 2016 Gold

Reputations:
    I listened to O and A for the first time this week. Twice, Both on clips here at dawgs. First was them busting on beth on the view. Next was them busting on that illiterate chick in the zimmerman trial, trayvons friend. Laughed more during those clips than i have at the HSSS in years. As a fan of corolla, i may just have to make this listen #3.

Thanks for postin! :hat:

11. Chimney Portions

Reputations:
    I wonder if the Marc Maron thing was a shakeup. Heat Howard didn't want. Maybe now the exclusivity bullshit is over...all because Howard is too lazy to defend and never on air when it reaches the masses.

For the HSS, these seem like the, "Eh, feh...whatevah" years.

12. Pembroke36

Pembroke36 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    This is a perfect, well thought out description of the guy.

13. Chimney Portions

Reputations:
    Mangria!

Like mancaves, mandals, manscaping and manasshole sex. Manly stuff, man.

14. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That's true on alot of levels. Sarah Silverman (who I'm not a huge fan of) said almost exactly that in a clip I heard that backs you up almost entirely.

And I know Dennis Miller quite well as a former big fan, backward and forward, and you can clearly hear in Adam he's heavily influenced by Miller's style. But IMO Adam has passed him by mightily in fresh material. Dennis still tells Michael Jackson and George Hamilton tan jokes from 1987 on Leno.

[video=youtube;jr285oq4nQ4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr285oq4nQ4[/video]

15. Chimney Portions

Reputations:

I used to be one of Sarah's biggest fans, but not so much lately. Still, that was perfect.

Mike fucking Tyson called to wish Jimmy a happy birthday...and still, Adam made it about him within one minute.

George Zimmerman should do Adam's podcast. Within five minutes, it'd would all be about the permits Adam had to get to upgrade his pool.

16. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Wig is really that petty and anal about this shit. And saying that Wigward's "not all that crazy about (Adam) anyway" isn't an accurate depiction at all. This considering the fact Howard CHOSE Adam first over Artie for the Jackie-chair and has had to his house and on the HSS EVERY time their show is on the air 44 times a year.

[video=youtube;7HYmAd6K1FM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HYmAd6K1FM[/video]

17. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That's true too, Adam DOES eventually make it all about himself at some point in most instances. Even Kimmel last time on the Wig said Adam forgets or blows off people's birthdays, child births, and weddings n shit in the most self possessed way imaginable.

18. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard has not even been there yet :lol:

19. knu3421

knu3421 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    What bowling alley ?????????

20. Rupert Pupkin

Rupert Pupkin That Ass is Attached to Daniela Lopez Gold

Reputations:
    This episode with Andrew Dice Clay from May is one of the rare shows where the guest actually got a word in during the podcast. Dice had Adam on the defensive on some topics including sex with his wife.

http://adamcarolla.com/andrew-dice-clay-live-from-amalfi/#!prettyPhoto/0/

[​IMG]