Adam Carolla sued AGAIN!?!

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by ARM, Jun 6, 2013.

1. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I only post this because Adam Carolla has a pretty decent following here, and always makes for a decent topic, seems to me. I haven't actually read the whole thing yet, but I knew his friend Donny "The Weaze" Misraje sued him not too long ago for some services rendered thing, I guess this is round 2???

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/adam-carolla-sued-former-friend-again-222521985.html?.tsrc=bsnls

Adam Carolla Sued by Former Friend ... Again

[​IMG]By Tim Kenneally | Reuters – Tue, Jun 4, 2013 3:25 PM PDT

By Tim Kenneally
    LOS ANGELES (TheWrap.com) - What are friends for? In Adam Carolla's case, apparently, taking you to court.
    Former "The Man Show" host Carolla is being sued - for the second time this year - by Donny Misraje, who in an earlier lawsuit is described as "a very close friend of Carolla's for over 30 years."
    This time, Carolla is being sued over a couple of photos that were included in Carolla's 2012 memoir "Not Taco Bell Material."
    Misraje claims to own the copyright to the photos, a pair of snapshots of Carolla from the 1980s, and that they were published without Misraje's "permission, consent or license to do so."

"Plaintiff believes that he has suffered or is likely to suffer damages and will continue to suffer serious and substantial damages resulting from Defendants' copyright infringement, including irreparable injury for which there is no adequate remedy at law," the lawsuit, filed May 30 in U.S. District Court in Central California, reads.
    Crown Publishing, which published the Carolla book, is also named in the suit.
    Misraje is asking that Carolla and Crown be prevented from further allegedly infringing on his copyright, plus compensation for the previous alleged infringements, along with compensatory and punitive damages.

He's also asking for that all remaining copies of "Not Taco Bell Material" be destroyed.
    Crown Publishing and a spokeswoman for Carolla have not yet responded to TheWrap's requests for comment.

In January, Misraje sued Carolla, claiming that he encouraged Carolla to turn his radio show to start his podcast, and formed a partnership over the show.
    However, the suit claims, despite the success of the podcast, Misraje never received pay for his work for the podcast - which caused hardship, especially since he claims to have quit a $231,000 a year job as a producer and editor in order to focus on the podcast.
    (Pamela Chelin contributed to this report)

Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
  2. Rodney21a

Rodney21a Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    You pee on each other you'd think that kind of male bonding and life long friendship wouldn't end this way.

3. EndOfLine

EndOfLine PLATINUM SPONSOR VIP

Reputations:
    For having two shitty photos in a shitty book?

:facepalm:

4. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Hahhahahah I know, it would seem like an easy fix. Why did Donny leave his podcast initially? I'm not sure I know the back story of their first dust up. Was it as simple as Adam didn't pay him, and he bolted?

5. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:

NOTORIOUS BIG's words "Mo Money Mo Problems" have never been truer with the litigious state of everything now. Probably drives Adam crazy, nothing the guy hates more than lawsuits and now his ex-bestie his suing him TWICE!?!

REALLY playing hardball too as he wants all "Not Taco Bell Material" ​copies to be destroyed.

6. JB50

JB50 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    So the first suit is still ongoing I assume?

7. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yeah....I GUESS so, that's what I couldn't figure out either. Lawsuits take an awful long time for dust to settle, it would almost seem like Donny is shaking Adam down hoping he just settles out of court because he can't bothered with any trials to waste his time as a busy man.

8. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    Why did I click on this thread?

I don't even care about this. :jj:

9. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    obviously, the guy is butthurt over something else

10. AmishGirl

AmishGirl Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

11. Rodney21a

Rodney21a Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    With this stuff out there I'm sure Adam is going to have to settle he has admitted to Donny being the guy who thought up his whole podcast network.

[video=youtube;qfBQnQItmm0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfBQnQItmm0[/video]

12. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Thanks for that Rodney, VERY detailed summary. I hate to say it but it doesnt seem like Adam has much leverage as I'm sure Donny can pull massive audio clips of Adam crediting him for spearheading the podcast route. I vividly remember all that praise and origins myself.

13. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    But you can't just "oust" someone from a contractual partnership without paying them off, no? See: Sam Simon.

14. RobinsBedSores

RobinsBedSores VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Didn't Scary Perry Karamello sue Adam over Windy City Heat?

15. PSU Shower Room

PSU Shower Room Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    adam was smart dropping that asshole.

16. yippeekyaa

yippeekyaa Moved forward. VIP

Reputations:
  17. mike25

mike25 Active Member VIP

Reputations:
    not that big of a shock. adam always sounded like an asshole to me :dontknow:

18. yippeekyaa

yippeekyaa Moved forward. VIP

Reputations:
    I like Adams' podcasts. He's more honest and more of a real man than anyone on the Howard channels. And he 3 podcasts a week which is more than anything Howard does.

19. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    i think everyone is an *sshole.
    adam just doesnt hide it

20. mike25

mike25 Active Member VIP

Reputations:
    could we change everyone to most ? i have at least one friend who i think is not an asshole. as for celebrities, struggling a bit, i would like to say kevin bacon isn't an asshole :scratch:. what about ellen, doesn't she claim she is nice ?