Adam Carrola pulls chickenshit Stern move

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by FishySausage, Jan 8, 2015.

1. FishySausage

FishySausage Original Nuttah VIP Gold

Reputations:
    dont know how many Shedders listen to the show but he fired the girl co-host, Allison Rosen, and replaced her with some other girl without ever addressing it.
    Seems like a shitty thing to do over the break. No warning, no nothing. An email she got a few days before the new year.
    I'd been listening to his show for a few years now, (Since the stern show has been garbage) and I liked her.
    People move on and you have to do what you feel is right for your show, but be a man and tell the audience what's happening.

2. Wesmantooth

Wesmantooth VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    majority of people hate confrontations of any type. this is magnified when in a position of authority. such a fucking weasel man up you fucking vag

Big Lar, Trophy Knife, Analog and 7 others like this.
  3. Thikken Vaney

Thikken Vaney What's everyone looking at?

Reputations:
    The apology is scheduled after he fights his courageous battle with a yeast infection.

teehee, Analog, ZosoHitler and 3 others like this.
  4. OV

OV Rapscallion

Reputations:
  5. TallTyrion

TallTyrion Triggered like a mofo VIP

Reputations:
    Allison? She's around.

6. Rescued Owl

Rescued Owl VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Funny, he has no problem fucking with those bad contractors on his show.
    Sending an email over the holidays ? Lame. As. Shit.

7. FishySausage

Reputations:
    image.jpg

Queefinout and TheWonk like this.
  8. The Snork

The Snork Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Always that he was great. But the way he fucks over his partners shows there's something seriously wrong with him in the melon. Same of course for Howard.

9. playitagainfred

playitagainfred Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    the email business was really shitty. but he spent a lot of time talking about it on the start of yesterdays show. ultimately he's right, rosen is MUCH better as hosting her shows than being the 3rd voice on his show - just the way he went about it was really really shitty. he could have moved her off the show but kept her as part of the carolla line up - just like larry miller or dr drew's podcasts are. he blew this one pretty badly.

wigtropolis likes this.
  10. FishySausage

Reputations:
    I didn't realize he brought it up. I listened to about half of Monday's podcast w Harlan Williams and there was just a different woman there with no explanation.
    So I actually listened to HER podcast for the first time. It was good. Maybe because it was mostly about the firing.
    She'll do fine. Just the sorta unwarranted malice in it by Carolla rubbed me the wrong way

11. jat87

jat87 Active Member

Reputations:
    I agree the delivery method of her being let go was shoddy. I'm hard-pressed, however, to think of a time in showbiz when a talent got a chance to say goodbye when they were being fired. When they voluntarily leave, yes.

12. Rupert Pupkin

Rupert Pupkin That Ass is Attached to Daniela Lopez Gold

Reputations:
    TheWrap.com is probably the only site where this is a topic:

Complete Article> http://www.thewrap.com/adam-carolla...-breaks-silence-i-wish-adam-had-talked-to-me/

Adam Carolla’s Fired Sidekick Alison Rosen Breaks Silence: ‘I Wish Adam Had Talked to Me’
    Media | By Tony Maglio on January 6, 2015 @ 9:57 am

Adam Carolla‘s “News Girl” Alison Rosen was fired by the prolific podcaster roughly a week before the news made headlines Monday, and the host of “Alison Rosen Is Your New Best Friend” told TheWrap exclusively that she is as puzzled as most.

“I am as confused as the fans are,” Rosen told TheWrap via a Monday night telephone interview, her only conversation on the matter with the media. “I think there’s this sense that there’s all this stuff happening behind the scenes, but I wasn’t privy to it.”

She continued, “For whatever reason, he made this decision and decided it would be in the best interest in the show — and I have to respect that.”

But fan-favorite Rosen found out the news in a very unceremonious — if not frigid — manner: She and her husband Daniel were in New York for the holidays when she received an email from Adam firing her.

“I don’t actually know who wrote it. It was punctuated and it had whole sentences, so perhaps he had some help writing it,” she joked. For those not in on the quip, the multiple New York Times Best Selling-author Carolla often acknowledges how poor of a typist he is — he doesn’t even hunt and peck out his own books, he dictates them verbally to a writing partner.

ZosoHitler likes this.
  13. oski

oski Jump For Cock

Reputations:
    adam is adam

14. Rupert Pupkin

Reputations:
    Yesterday, Adam fired back and Alison called Bullshit on Adam's response.

Complete Article> http://www.thewrap.com/adam-carolla...iring-she-told-me-to-send-bad-news-via-email/

Adam Carolla Addresses Alison Rosen Firing: She Told Me to Send Bad News via Email
    Media | By Tony Maglio on January 7, 2015 @ 9:09 am

Adam Carolla addressed the fallout from his firing of Alison Rosen on Wednesday morning’s podcast.

Carolla began by acknowledging: “I know everyone thinks there’s something all the time.”

He continued, “People are like, ‘Why didn’t you have the decency of having her on to say goodbye?’ And I’d had this conversation in no certain terms with Alison many times where we agreed — on the air, possibly off the air — that if something like this was going to go down we’d rather find out in an email.”

That contradicts with what Rosen told TheWrap exclusively in a post-canning conversation. She told us, “I wish he had talked to me.”

In response to Carolla’s remarks Wednesday, Rosen told TheWrap: “I have zero recollection of having expressed any sort of genuine desire to be fired by email should I one day be fired by ‘The Adam Carolla Show.’ I valued that job and would have preferred a conversation like anyone. I’m not saying I never joked about anything to that effect on air. I conversed for 90-plus minutes five days a week for four years — a zillion topics came up on that show that I chimed in on. But there’s a difference between on-air banter and actually having expressed some sort of professional preference regarding my employment, which, again, I didn’t realize was in jeopardy.”

15. Humongous

Humongous Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I used to really dig his podcast but over the years he slowly began to slide into a bubble where he thinks he is the funniest, most brilliant, most underappreciated talent on the face of the earth and everyone is out to get over on him or rip him off. Ace man will eventually be holed up in his studio alone with tissue boxes on his feet, a loaded gun on the desk and surrounded by mason jars full of his own urine.

16. playitagainfred

playitagainfred Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ive no beef with rosen but she does seem to have fallen into liking being the center of everyones pity (for lack of better word). the never ending dog angst, the trying to get pregnant saga, the post-wedding blues, now this...it kind of got old. on her shows, it worked, but did slow the carolla show down

JB50 likes this.
  17. wigtropolis

wigtropolis Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    she will be fine. time to cash in on her rockstar status.

the bling will be rollin in

18. AllAboutHim Ed

AllAboutHim Ed #mypurpose VIP

Reputations:
    Not saying he should hve done it by email, but he addressed it first thing in the podcast.

He was honest and said he didn't think she was a great sidekick and I couldn't agree more with him.

John Smith likes this.
  19. Rupert Pupkin

Reputations:

I believe that he has one of the few podcasts that operates 5 days a week. The others are 1-2 days a week. His antics do grow old, but the live shows are a mostly welcome change of pace from the studio.

As I have only worked for medium to large companies, unless an employee did something that was so out of line that action needed to be taken immediately, the employees were eased out the door quietly and the cubicle was empty and bare on Monday morning.

The bottom line for me is that I don't listen all week. Maybe 1-2 days depending on what guests are on the other podcasts or THSS. For me his show is the default.

Alison has her own successful podcast and she will be fine.

20. ItsAWholeThing

ItsAWholeThing Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It was addressed first thing on his 1-5 episode,the first one after the break